Makdee

An awful article by Bill Leckie in the Sun

10 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Surely Rangers must take action against this horrible paper and sad excuse for a journalist. It amazes me that we have a guy playing in Scotland that was convicted of assault using a baseball bat a guy managing a club that threatened his mistress with a knife a convicted racist but Morelos is the Waster. Leckie is an embarrassment along with the rag he works for. Let’s have no more dignified silence Rangers defend your player with everything you have 

346094EF-9A42-42BB-861A-68064D1876E8.jpeg

Read that Mak....bloody disgraceful and yes, the club must challenge this kind of shit. No surprise tbh with Hollicom running the show!

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

Read that Mak....bloody disgraceful and yes, the club must challenge this kind of shit. No surprise tbh with Hollicom running the show!

Leckie has form for this sort of stuff against Rangers. There lots of “rumours” that allegedly he makes more from Celtic that his day job. The main thing is this is exactly what SG was talking about last week 

29 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Leckie has form for this sort of stuff against Rangers

I along with others were writing about this twat in the 90's mate. Don't know if you have heard of it or perhaps even read it back in the day but there used to be a paper Fanzine called Number 1 fanzine run by a wee guy George McGhee who used to sell them just off Edmiston Drive near the entrance to the East Enclosure. Anyway, I was a regular contributor to the fanzine and Leckie was considered an enemy back then....

51eY10jYGHL._SX344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Image result for Number 1 Rangers fanzine images

1 hour ago, Harold said:

I along with others were writing about this twat in the 90's mate. Don't know if you have heard of it or perhaps even read it back in the day but there used to be a paper Fanzine called Number 1 fanzine run by a wee guy George McGhee who used to sell them just off Edmiston Drive near the entrance to the East Enclosure. Anyway, I was a regular contributor to the fanzine and Leckie was considered an enemy back then....

51eY10jYGHL._SX344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Image result for Number 1 Rangers fanzine images

Jeez that brings back some memories remember it well 

9 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Jeez that brings back some memories remember it well 

can you remember any of the contributors ?.....smiley

13 minutes ago, Harold said:

can you remember any of the contributors ?.....smiley

Well there was you 😂. To be fair not really at that point I would have just moved over here. And was trying to get my business up and running so wasn’t over as much as I would have liked but my mate collected these faithfully. Need to see if he still has them 

19 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Well there was you 😂. To be fair not really at that point I would have just moved over here. And was trying to get my business up and running so wasn’t over as much as I would have liked but my mate collected these faithfully. Need to see if he still has them 

The guy that owned the fanzine George McGhee was the Entertaining Apprentice & I wrote as The Blue Max. I must have contributed for about 10 years.

16 minutes ago, Harold said:

The guy that owned the fanzine George McGhee was the Entertaining Apprentice & I wrote as The Blue Max. I must have contributed for about 10 years.

Sent my mate a message but it could be days before he sees it. He isn’t really into computers etc 

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

How is this an Awful article? 

If its just lies, surely that's to be expected from a journalist?

No it’s not to be expected from a journalist there are some decent ones out there. It’s awful because once again a young man is being torn apart for no reason. 

16 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

If its just lies, surely that's to be expected from a journalist?

you do an injustice to decent sports journos. Mak may be able to back me up but two that I know of can be critical at times about Rangers but they have no agenda and I always respect their views...1) Stephen Jardine who used to write for the Daily Mail....don't know where he is now and 2) Gordon Waddell of the Sunday Mail.

25 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Sent my mate a message but it could be days before he sees it. He isn’t really into computers etc 

No probs....if he does reply ask if he has any with articles by the Blue Max......smiley

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

No probs....if he does reply ask if he has any with articles by the Blue Max......smiley

Will do I know he had loads of these so unless he tossed them he should have 

5 minutes ago, Harold said:

you do an injustice to decent sports journos. Mak may be able to back me up but two that I know of can be critical at times about Rangers but they have no agenda and I always respect their views...1) Stephen Jardine who used to write for the Daily Mail....don't know where he is now and 2) Gordon Waddell of the Sunday Mail.

I will add my son Mark McDougall ( Daily Record) to that list mate 

22 minutes ago, Makdee said:

No it’s not to be expected from a journalist there are some decent ones out there. It’s awful because once again a young man is being torn apart for no reason. 

10 minutes ago, Harold said:

Ok, my bad!!! Maybe there are some decent reporters!!

5 minutes ago, Makdee said:

I will add my son Mark McDougall ( Daily Record) to that list mate 

Until you mentioned him the other day I hadn't heard of him mate....I rarely but the Record. Is he a main writer ? Funnily enough I bought it today for the wife.

He is still learning his trade but slowly making his name. Though like many others he is classed as a digital journalist. The whole area of shall we say paper journalism is changing 

He was still doing his degree when they offered him the job and to continue with said degree. So they must have seen something 

Edited by Makdee

1 minute ago, Makdee said:

The whole area of shall we say paper journalism is changing 

Much to my annoyance tbh....auld fashioned n'at......laughing

Bill Leckie is a St Mirren supporter ... He used to be equally critical of both Rangers and Celtic but since Hollicom became involved it is mostly one way... in fact it is ALL one way.

What is frightening is Talksport occasionally use him. I believe they might have some tie in with The Sun. This negative nonsense is planted for two obvious reasons. 

They are trying to undermine the wee man and trying desperately to put him and his team mates of their game 

They are also printing this utter drivel to drive down any future transfer fee we might receive 

It is so blatant now the club simply cannot allow this to go unanswered 

28 minutes ago, No.8 said:

He used to be equally critical of both Rangers and Celtic

Disagree Trav....as I said to Trav I was contributing to Number 1 fanzine in the 90's and he was a cunt back then mate.

15 minutes ago, Harold said:

Disagree Trav....as I said to Trav I was contributing to Number 1 fanzine in the 90's and he was a cunt back then mate.

I ll give you just one example.

The 40th anniversary of the Ibrox disaster and there was a minutes silence at Ibrox. It was an Old Firm game and I was there. Those scummy bastards coughed and laughed for the full minute!! The sound on the TV was turned down. I couldn’t believe they could be so low. The then Celtic manager and asst manager refused to come out for it and stood in tunnel until it was over. I thought well there is no way the press can sweep this under the carpet. To the shame of every journalist in this country everyone of them said it was impeccably observed. 

Bill Leckie stood alone in condemning those scummy bastards. He wrote a full article on it and the media whitewash of the whole thing

As I said he is a St Mirren supporter and like most of them he despises the OF and I don’t doubt for one minute you will have many many examples of stories slating Rangers from his past.

The guy is a bit of a prick but more recently there have been no negative stories about that other mob.

4 minutes ago, No.8 said:

I ll give you just one example.

4 minutes ago, No.8 said:

I don’t doubt for one minute you will have many many examples of stories slating Rangers from his past.

Exactly mate.

Club 1872 comment on continued media targeting of Alfredo Morelos

13 January, 2020

Club 1872 informed members and Rangers supporters last week that we were taking forward a complaint about an article that appeared in the Sun newspaper which included quotes from a man they appear to have falsely presented as both a psychiatrist and a psychologist. We have now submitted this complaint to IPSO and will update members and supporters on that process at its conclusion.

We are also aware of a column by Bill Leckie in the same newspaper which is full of the type of xenophobic and offensive comment which has become common place in tabloid newspapers when discussing Alfredo Morelos. Unfortunately opinion, no matter how malicious or idiotic, is not covered under IPSO regulations and we cannot use this method to challenge this column. Club 1872 is a major shareholder in the club and it is clear that this type of reporting is designed to damage the Rangers brand and create a toxic environment at a time when Rangers supporters are rightly optimistic about the future. On that basis, we remain in dialogue with Rangers about medium and longer term strategies to challenge irresponsible articles like this about our club, fans and players.

We have also written to Scottish Sun Editor, Alan Muir, asking for an explanation of how Mr Leckie’s description of Alfredo Morelos as a “waster” sits with their Respect Our Players campaign. It appears the Scottish Sun believes this campaign should not apply to its own columnists.

We would remind Rangers supporters that the Scottish Sun, and indeed the Daily Record and other tabloid newspapers, are commercial organisations. They rely on your clicks, shares and purchases to survive. Whilst they continue to receive these clicks and shares they will continue to produce this type of content. When we ran our Change the Record campaign it had a visible effect on the number of shares and clicks for that newspaper – with many supporters choosing to block Daily Record accounts on social media. It cannot be emphasised enough how strong the position of our supporters is in dealing with this issue, if we are prepared act in unison and take decisive action. If you feel the need to comment on these type of attacks on our players and club – and we understand why people wish to do that – then we would urge you to use screenshots on social media rather than sharing links.

In the meantime, there are a number of outlets which Rangers supporters can use for news about our club. These outlets provide a wealth of content including club news and debate. We have included a link to a standalone page with detail of these outlets below. It is particularly worth noting that Rangers’ own social media channels provide quicker access to regular press conference content than tabloids and that you can hear the management and players’ comments without the filter often applied to them by dishonest reporting.

Click here for a list of tabloid media alternatives

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

7 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Club 1872 comment on continued media targeting of Alfredo Morelos

13 January, 2020

Club 1872 informed members and Rangers supporters last week that we were taking forward a complaint about an article that appeared in the Sun newspaper which included quotes from a man they appear to have falsely presented as both a psychiatrist and a psychologist. We have now submitted this complaint to IPSO and will update members and supporters on that process at its conclusion.

We are also aware of a column by Bill Leckie in the same newspaper which is full of the type of xenophobic and offensive comment which has become common place in tabloid newspapers when discussing Alfredo Morelos. Unfortunately opinion, no matter how malicious or idiotic, is not covered under IPSO regulations and we cannot use this method to challenge this column. Club 1872 is a major shareholder in the club and it is clear that this type of reporting is designed to damage the Rangers brand and create a toxic environment at a time when Rangers supporters are rightly optimistic about the future. On that basis, we remain in dialogue with Rangers about medium and longer term strategies to challenge irresponsible articles like this about our club, fans and players.

We have also written to Scottish Sun Editor, Alan Muir, asking for an explanation of how Mr Leckie’s description of Alfredo Morelos as a “waster” sits with their Respect Our Players campaign. It appears the Scottish Sun believes this campaign should not apply to its own columnists.

We would remind Rangers supporters that the Scottish Sun, and indeed the Daily Record and other tabloid newspapers, are commercial organisations. They rely on your clicks, shares and purchases to survive. Whilst they continue to receive these clicks and shares they will continue to produce this type of content. When we ran our Change the Record campaign it had a visible effect on the number of shares and clicks for that newspaper – with many supporters choosing to block Daily Record accounts on social media. It cannot be emphasised enough how strong the position of our supporters is in dealing with this issue, if we are prepared act in unison and take decisive action. If you feel the need to comment on these type of attacks on our players and club – and we understand why people wish to do that – then we would urge you to use screenshots on social media rather than sharing links.

In the meantime, there are a number of outlets which Rangers supporters can use for news about our club. These outlets provide a wealth of content including club news and debate. We have included a link to a standalone page with detail of these outlets below. It is particularly worth noting that Rangers’ own social media channels provide quicker access to regular press conference content than tabloids and that you can hear the management and players’ comments without the filter often applied to them by dishonest reporting.

Click here for a list of tabloid media alternatives

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

But why is it taking this group to issue such a statement...the club should be in there first!