Jump to content
Makdee

An awful article by Bill Leckie in the Sun

Recommended Posts

They are the club.

Rangers Football Club cannot come out and criticise every journalist who has a go at the club or who’s opinions they disagree with. They use Club 1872 , the second largest shareholder I think(?), to get the message out to the support.

At the end of the day Rangers cannot bam The Sun but we can withdraw press privileges to wee fat fannies such as Leckie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, No.8 said:

They are the club.

Rangers Football Club cannot come out and criticise every journalist who has a go at the club or who’s opinions they disagree with. They use Club 1872 , the second largest shareholder I think(?), to get the message out to the support.

At the end of the day Rangers cannot bam The Sun but we can withdraw press privileges to wee fat fannies such as Leckie 

Fifth mate 

ECC25557-2AA6-4A45-BD6B-C08CF20ADBA2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, No.8 said:

They are the club

How are they 'the club' ? They are shareholders....we have a chairman, we have directors running the show

12 hours ago, Makdee said:

Rangers Football Club cannot come out and criticise every journalist who has a go at the club or who’s opinions they disagree with

They should be responding to every article they believe to be damaging the club and/or players. It's not just a matter of criticising....it's articles like Leckie's savaging Morelos and to a lesser extent Gerrard who happen to be employees of Rangers. As Mak said in his first post....dignified silence should be replaced by a vocal statement when deemed necessary.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Harold said:

How are they 'the club' ? They are shareholders....we have a chairman, we have directors running the show

They should be responding to every article they believe to be damaging the club and/or players. It's not just a matter of criticising....it's articles like Leckie's savaging Morelos and to a lesser extent Gerrard who happen to be employees of Rangers. As Mak said in his first post....dignified silence should be replaced by a vocal statement when deemed necessary.

 

People are entitled to have opinions , no matter how warped we may find them.

The Club use Club 1872 to get their view out there without lowering themselves to having a slanging match with people who are simply beneath us.

I agree the article is a fucking disgrace and said in response to Hairy on another thread bridge building and dignified silence has put us in the position we are in.

The club can and should ban individuals such as Speirs , English etc. These guys are never balanced in their criticism 

Leckie is beneath them and in journalistic terms is an utter non entity. Personally I would ban him but knowing the kind of person he is he would probably wear that ban as a badge of honour. 
 

The best thing all of us can do is refuse to buy , click and share anything to do with the rag that bastard works for. Also collectively as a support , led by Club 1872, inform any company that advertises in said paper that we will boycott them.

We are a huge support and if United we could really affect these companies 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, No.8 said:

People are entitled to have opinions , no matter how warped we may find them.

Yes but as I said anything the club find offensive or distasteful to an extreme degree should be responded to.

6 minutes ago, No.8 said:

The Club use Club 1872 to get their view out there without lowering themselves

There we go....the dignified silence. The club use ? FFS....the club should be doing it themselves and NOT relying on a shareholders group.

9 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Leckie is beneath them and in journalistic terms is an utter non entity. Personally I would ban him but knowing the kind of person he is he would probably wear that ban as a badge of honour

Agreed 100% mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    4,162
    Total Topics
    47,253
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    327
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    andresslamar
    Newest Member
    andresslamar
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.