sployal

Rangers first team wages

8 minutes ago, sployal said:

Do any of you guys have an inkling on how much Rangers pay their first team in wages?

I haven't the slightest clue.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/premiership/the-average-wage-paid-by-scottish-premiership-clubs-ranked-in-order-1-4880885/amp?page=3 

this article suggests the average first team salary for a rangers player is £466,556 so just under £9k p/w

Celtic’s wage bill PA is around the £60,000,000 mark ... probably fallen to around £55,000,000ish with Rodgers away 

40 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/premiership/the-average-wage-paid-by-scottish-premiership-clubs-ranked-in-order-1-4880885/amp?page=3 

this article suggests the average first team salary for a rangers player is £466,556 so just under £9k p/w

1 minute ago, No.8 said:

Celtic’s wage bill PA is around the £60,000,000 mark ... probably fallen to around £55,000,000ish with Rodgers away 

60,000,000 is a lot of money!!!

Rangers must be so much less with the average wage being £9k per week. 

Just now, boro_boy said:

60,000,000 is a lot of money!!!

Rangers must be so much less with the average wage being £9k per week. 

That £60,000,000... just googled it and it was £59,000,000 in the season 2017/2018, is the reason Celtic have to sell a player every season they don’t qualify for a champions League 

15 minutes ago, No.8 said:

That £60,000,000... just googled it and it was £59,000,000 in the season 2017/2018, is the reason Celtic have to sell a player every season they don’t qualify for a champions League 

haha fair one!! They have to otherwise they will go bust? Or is it more to do with Fair play rules? 

Do you even have fair play rules thingy, whatever they're called. 

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

haha fair one!! They have to otherwise they will go bust? Or is it more to do with Fair play rules? 

Do you even have fair play rules thingy, whatever they're called. 

They won’t go bust as they are backed by two Billionaires 

They have to sell to balance the books 

In fairness they are well run financially and if they don’t get into Champions League groups they will sell Edouard 

40 minutes ago, No.8 said:

In fairness they are well run financially and if they don’t get into Champions League groups they will sell Edouard 

Wouldn't miss that cnut one bit

12 hours ago, Winston Ingram said:

need to create an account to read articles in The Scotsman

3 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Do you? I don’t have an account and it opens fine for me

I get one page with no details, just picture.

If I sign in to my account then I get to see the full article. I created the PDFs because I thought anyone without and account would see only the one page.

7 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I get one page with no details, just picture.

If I sign in to my account then I get to see the full article. I created the PDFs because I thought anyone without and account would see only the one page.

Well at least everyone can see it now!

7 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Celtic must have a ridiculously large squad to have a wage bill in total of £60,000,000. 

Crazy wage bill for a club in Scotland.

They are paying bang average players crazy amounts. There is a reason not one EPL club has ever tried to sign Scott Brown!!