boro_boy

Gambling on credit cards to be banned

This is great news 👏

Why the fuck anyone would bet using a credit card is beyond me. Betting on a crecit card is just asking for trouble, if your using a credit card then you blatantly don't have the money available to bet!

8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

This is great news 👏

Why the fuck anyone would bet using a credit card is beyond me. Betting on a crecit card is just asking for trouble, if your using a credit card then you blatantly don't have the money available to bet!

Utter tripe mate some of the wealthiest people I know only use credit cards and they use them for everything 

5 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Utter tripe mate some of the wealthiest people I know only use credit cards and they use them for everything 

But scruffy cunts get them and then bet away on them, then struggle to pay them back, borrow money, miss payments on their mortgages, lose homes, families. I think its a good idea, Gambling is shit anyway. I win each week as I don;t gamble. I know a guy from when I was on HMS Northumberland who used to gamle all the time as was stealing and borrowing money from everyone to fund his habbit, he used to used credit cards too and they were all maxxed out. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Yeah another shit decision to appease snowflakes bitching about those who lack self control. 

Snowflakes? No ones getting offended or upset so not sure what you mean by that. 

Well on that note maybe we should allow knives and guns to be sold to anyone in shops, if they kill loads of people with them then, its because of their lack of control. Something needs to be done as its getting out of hand. The odd £5 bet here there and everywhere is alright but not fucking £100 quid here, £300 there, then another £500 to try and win back the £400 i've just lost!!! 

My missuses sister's fella better 30,000 of her money whilst she was preggers in China as he's an addicted gambler. Banning credit cards is a fantastic way forward. Next is to ban the TV adverts and football sponsorship too. 

36 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

This is great news 👏

I agree with part of your post and disagree with another.

!00% agree with you regards the ban but some people do use cards for whatever transactions which may or may not include gambling and that doesn't mean they don't have money or indeed cash. The problem with using cards is, imo, they are too easy and available to use....eg if your on a losing streak it is so so easy to pop in your card if you have no cash left and very probably take a chunk out of your account (of course there is the possibility that you could win). These machines can be so addictive to some people. I saw one fella years ago in a bookies kick the machine and call it a thieving bastard.

30 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Yeah another shit decision to appease snowflakes bitching about those who lack self control

Personally I think it is a good decision. A person can't use what they don't physically have. I don't think the ban is as you say.

23 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

But scruffy cunts get them and then bet away on them, then struggle to pay them back, borrow money, miss payments on their mortgages, lose homes, families. I think its a good idea, Gambling is shit anyway. I win each week as I don;t gamble. I know a guy from when I was on HMS Northumberland who used to gamle all the time as was stealing and borrowing money from everyone to fund his habbit, he used to used credit cards too and they were all maxxed out. 

Snowflakes? No ones getting offended or upset so not sure what you mean by that. 

Well on that note maybe we should allow knives and guns to be sold to anyone in shops, if they kill loads of people with them then, its because of their lack of control. Something needs to be done as its getting out of hand. The odd £5 bet here there and everywhere is alright but not fucking £100 quid here, £300 there, then another £500 to try and win back the £400 i've just lost!!! 

My missuses sister's fella better 30,000 of her money whilst she was preggers in China as he's an addicted gambler. Banning credit cards is a fantastic way forward. Next is to ban the TV adverts and football sponsorship too. 

Sorry people will just go to money lenders etc. Yes we know there are addicts but many more people bet sensibly 

1 minute ago, Makdee said:

Sorry people will just go to money lenders etc. Yes we know there are addicts but many more people bet sensibly 

But not as many as its more efford and people are very lazy!!

I think you should be credit checked to use them, if you have a shit credit score then you can only bet a certain amount. Do you think that would work?

Just now, boro_boy said:

But not as many as its more efford and people are very lazy!!

I think you should be credit checked to use them, if you have a shit credit score then you can only bet a certain amount. Do you think that would work?

Oh they will addicts don’t stop because of obstacles. The clue is in the name and if you have ever worked or had serious involvement with any type of addicts you would know that. No I don’t people will as I said always find a way to get round it. Banning things generally doesn’t work all it does is push it underground 

I get what you are saying and can sympathise with your stance but I worked with addicts for years and they will lie cheat steal to get what they want 

4 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Oh they will addicts don’t stop because of obstacles. The clue is in the name and if you have ever worked or had serious involvement with any type of addicts you would know that. No I don’t people will as I said always find a way to get round it. Banning things generally doesn’t work all it does is push it underground 

I get what you are saying and can sympathise with your stance but I worked with addicts for years and they will lie cheat steal to get what they want 

Ok, so what do the companies or the government have to do, what do you think would work?

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Ok, so what do the companies or the government have to do, what do you think would work?

Honestly it is so difficult I have worked with addicts from 13 to 70. So we have to look at education we have to look at doing away with these machines so many problems also in play betting can be a real problem. Like any addiction most addicts either recognise they need help or have to reach rock bottom before realising that fact 

11 minutes ago, Makdee said:

also in play betting can be a real problem

That is a reason I have never ever considered an online account with a Laddies. I am not an addict but....it is so easy.....even for non addicts to say...'I'm down' a ton so I'll chase it'. Go to the bookies....put my coupons on.....come home....finito.

6 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Hundred per cent agree.

Addicts will find a way.

Correct....but by banning the use of credit cards it is a start & one way of prevention.

Just now, Harold said:

That is a reason I have never ever considered an online account with a Laddies. I am not an addict but....it is so easy.....even for non addicts to say...'I'm down' a ton so I'll chase it'. Go to the bookies....put my coupons on.....come home....finito.

It’s the only way I bet. I am not a big gambler but if say I get a tip just before a event thenI would have to go seven miles to a bookie so it’s lot easier  

Just now, Harold said:

Correct....but by banning the use of credit cards it is a start & one way of prevention.

It’s not mate if addicts want something they will find a way. Did prohibition work in America no it failed as it just goes underground  

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

It also causes inconvenience to many thousands of responsible gamblers. 

How would you like it if they banned alcohol to cure alcoholism?

2 minutes ago, Makdee said:

It’s not mate if addicts want something they will find a way

Of course it is Mak.....I didn't say it would 'prevent'...I said by banning credit card use it is 'ONE' way of prevention. If an addict is still going to bet then as you say he/she will have to go elsewhere.....an action which is totally outwith the bookies control. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

These people would then have to use actual cash....it's no great hardship surely to get your cash before going to the bookies....

4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

That is a stupid comparison....what you say is a cover all attempt. Nobody is saying BAN GAMBLING are they ?

20 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

But surely you can't say gambling on a credit card is responsible?

17 minutes ago, Harold said:

These people would then have to use actual cash....it's no great hardship surely to get your cash before going to the bookies....

That is a stupid comparison....what you say is a cover all attempt. Nobody is saying BAN GAMBLING are they ?

You may think stupid. I don't but wouldn't call your viewpoint stupid.

I am if the opinion BB wants gambling banned as he said it wrecks lives and leads to suicide. 

4 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

But surely you can't say gambling on a credit card is responsible?

It is if you can afford it and have no cash on you.

Do they stop alcoholics using them? Do they stop shopaholics using them? Do they stop drug addicts using them?

No on all counts. It probably isn't a good idea for a gambling addict to have a credit card, but find another way. Don't punish the vast majority of sensible gamblers. 

22 minutes ago, Harold said:

Mate many people never carry cash now. If I go to my local  pay by card. If I get a taxi I pay by card. I have not carried cash for a couple of years now actually that’s a lie when we go in holiday I normally have some cash. Just thinking in my family not me if them tends to carry cash so if you start multiplying that 

9 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

You may think stupid. I don't but wouldn't call your viewpoint stupid.

I am if the opinion BB wants gambling banned as he said it wrecks lives and leads to suicide. 

I don't want it banned, it just needs to be toned down a lot, you go to the match, clubs are sponsored by gambling, all the sponsorships around the ground are sponsored by gambling companies. Its constantly being thrown into our faces. Imagine your a recovering gambler and you get all these adverts thrown in your face, your going to start gambling agan!!, well have a high chance of gambling again!

13 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

You may think stupid. I don't but wouldn't call your viewpoint stupid

You're quite at liberty to call any of my comments or opinions stupid or whatever if that is how you view them mate....what I said is no reflection on yourself.

14 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

No probs with your opinion and I don't necessarily agree in whole with BB as it is an cover all opinion.

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I don't want it banned, it just needs to be toned down a lot, you go to the match, clubs are sponsored by gambling, all the sponsorships around the ground are sponsored by gambling companies. Its constantly being thrown into our faces. Imagine your a recovering gambler and you get all these adverts thrown in your face, your going to start gambling agan!!, well have a high chance of gambling again!

Same could be said of alcohol adverts.