boro_boy

Gambling on credit cards to be banned

4 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I just don't think there is a need for the traditional bank as everything can be done on the internet.

Of course there is ffs! Not everyone has the internet! Why don't people and moreso banks realise this????

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

just gets people ringing up to pay their bill, FFS!!!

And the problem with that is ?

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

and they have live chat if you have any problems with your bank account.

and that can be done in a fucking branch....what happens when the IT systems crash as been happening more and more and people are fucked for bills being paid, wages coming through and scammers are withdrawing cash (and THAT was happening) from customers accounts? The bottom line is that banks want to have less cash and let customers get fucking on with it and when something goes wrong....apologies blah blah fucking blah! It is better speaking to someone face to face rather than some non identity on a fucking screen who can simply give you a standard answer.

11 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

the plan to ban credit cards for gambling is a no goer,

Of course it is

12 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

the gamblers will just draw cash and then go and gamble

every possibility but then that is down to the gambler and not the bookie.

1 minute ago, Harold said:

Of course there is ffs! Not everyone has the internet! Why don't people and moreso banks realise this????

And the problem with that is ?

and that can be done in a fucking branch....what happens when the IT systems crash as been happening more and more and people are fucked for bills being paid, wages coming through and scammers are withdrawing cash (and THAT was happening) from customers accounts? The bottom line is that banks want to have less cash and let customers get fucking on with it and when something goes wrong....apologies blah blah fucking blah! It is better speaking to someone face to face rather than some non identity on a fucking screen who can simply give you a standard answer.

Yeah thats true about the internet, didn't think about peolpe living with no connection. 

The problem with not having a direct debit is you can miss payments. Paying with a direct debit eliminates that, well if you have the money available in your bank!

What happens if the bank sets on fire of loses power. You can be fucked both ways. 

Anyway, think we should go back on topic now 🙂 👍

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

didn't think about peolpe living with no connection. 

and THAT is the main problem with banks nowadays!

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

What happens if the bank sets on fire of loses power. You can be fucked both ways.

give me an instance of that? More likely IT systems crashing!

OK...back on topic.

27 minutes ago, Harold said:

and THAT is the main problem with banks nowadays!

give me an instance of that? More likely IT systems crashing!

OK...back on topic.

Oh yeah, have.you heard there going.to ban the use of credit cards for gambling come April. :lolpan:

Been that way in NZ for some time.
You can't buy a lotto ticket on credit card and you can't do cash out on an auto-checkout machine if paying by credit card.

When I was still employed I used my CC for everything, but when I retired I converted from credit card to debit card just so I won't be tempted to spend what I don't have.

I think i'm a bit of a hypocrite saying adverts should be banned and then moaning about all the adverts everywhere. 

I have a pop down advert which should appear once a day at the top of the forum for a gambling site, then I also have 3 links on the side bard which are all gambling!!!

🥴

11 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I think i'm a bit of a hypocrite saying adverts should be banned and then moaning about all the adverts everywhere. 

I have a pop down advert which should appear once a day at the top of the forum for a gambling site, then I also have 3 links on the side bard which are all gambling!!!

🥴

To be fair I agree with you that  ads should be banned and also gambling companies in football tops and Rangers are wondered by one. Also got to remember au am old school when ther was no sponsorship in tops 

24 minutes ago, Makdee said:

To be fair I agree with you that  ads should be banned and also gambling companies in football tops and Rangers are wondered by one. Also got to remember au am old school when ther was no sponsorship in tops 

where do we draw the line then mate ? No alcohol, betting, obviously no tobacco sponsorship. The problem I have is that very few people in this day and age are prepared to take personal responsibility for self inflicted problems....take drugs ? the NHS will take care of you....drink to excess ? the NHS will take care of you.....bet more than you can afford ? Why should other people have to continually sort out self inflicted problems. Tell you what mate....see druggies ? You will probably disagree with me but these cunts should be given a bad batch of heroin and hopefully that eradicate part of the problem. I have absolutely no sympathy for these scum! Rant over and apologies for going off topic.

Watching the boro game

• Fulham sponsored by dafabet
  • Middlesbrough sponsored by 32red
  • Seen Skybet on the advertising boards
  • Seen dafabet on the advertising boards

1 hour ago, Harold said:

where do we draw the line then mate ? No alcohol, betting, obviously no tobacco sponsorship. The problem I have is that very few people in this day and age are prepared to take personal responsibility for self inflicted problems....take drugs ? the NHS will take care of you....drink to excess ? the NHS will take care of you.....bet more than you can afford ? Why should other people have to continually sort out self inflicted problems. Tell you what mate....see druggies ? You will probably disagree with me but these cunts should be given a bad batch of heroin and hopefully that eradicate part of the problem. I have absolutely no sympathy for these scum! Rant over and apologies for going off topic.

Mate most Europe don’t allow any of those three and I don’t have a problem with that. More and more sports are banning advertising them 

As for your comments on druggies as you put it mate they don’t plan on being junkies the same as alcoholics don’t plan on being alcoholics. Maybe actually look at where and who are bringing the drugs in also more people die from smoking it also costs the NHS more. They won’t ban that though to many rich people would lose cash 

Edited by Makdee

11 hours ago, Makdee said:

Mate most Europe don’t allow any of those three and I don’t have a problem with that. More and more sports are banning advertising them 

As for your comments on druggies as you put it mate they don’t plan on being junkies the same as alcoholics don’t plan on being alcoholics. Maybe actually look at where and who are bringing the drugs in also more people die from smoking it also costs the NHS more. They won’t ban that though to many rich people would lose cash 

Sometimes I should engage my brain before I open my mouth. I'm away for a ciggie.