Sign in to follow this  
superally

Coventry V Blues FA Cup round 4.

Due to the uniqueness of this tie, I felt it worthy of it's own thread. We are the away team playing at our home ground. Details released today confirm we will also be allocated the away end, all of the Gil Merrick, upper and lower will be for Blues along with the old main stand.

A bit of C&P from the club website.

Ticket Selling Arrangements
The Club has been supplied with a full allocation of 9,260 tickets which includes 9,138 reserved seated tickets and 61 pairs of wheelchair spaces and companion tickets. Tickets are located in the Gil Merrick Stand and Main Stand.

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Oh yeah, makes sence now 🙂 :lolpan:

And to think i'm going to Boro next week.:court1:

I can just imagine going into a local takeaway ordering a Parmo, the Brummie and Smoggie dialects obviously need a bit of interpreting between each other.

Me-Can i have a Parmo please-

the server in takeaway, oh ayayyeahnebotherpaldatwillbe £4.

Me thanks mate. (hands over the money)

10 minutes later, out it comes a feckin cinnamon donut and chicken nuggets.

40 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Should be a strange occasion for Blues fans. 

Great opportunity to get into fifth round though. 

I'm not overly confident, coventry are playing well, and their record at St Andrews so far is better than ours. We are only 10 places above them in the FL.

It will be a bit strange,especially for those in the Gil. I'm in the main stand,where i often sit. It's just seeing Coventry in the kop will seem weird.

Apparently they have got the George,and The Roost too,which kinda makes sense.

The Roost puts on buses for Cov when they play at Stans.

In this current era where the FA cup means little anymore there’s a definite bit of the old ‘cup fever’ around this time.

Mad to think that Blues will set the record for the most away fans at St Andrews since the development.

Also mad that both sets of fans will have more in the ground than the total attendance for the previous game - 7330

21 minutes ago, The Realist said:

In this current era where the FA cup means little anymore there’s a definite bit of the old ‘cup fever’ around this time.

Mad to think that Blues will set the record for the most away fans at St Andrews since the development.

Also mad that both sets of fans will have more in the ground than the total attendance for the previous game - 7330

hahahaah thats quite funny really as its your ground yet you'll be classed as away fans 🙂 

Good pub quiz question. 

The match has sold out. That kind of baffles me, as the crowd will be around 22k, way short of our capacity.Lots of ludicrous logistical reason's being cited, none of which are valid IMO.

At least if we get a draw, we can take them back too St Andrews.

Iv'e swapped my ticket in the Main stand, for a seat in the GMU. Mates Dad man is old, and would really struggle getting up all them stairs so he asked if i would swap. Guess i'm gonna be fecked instead.

29 minutes ago, Normski said:

fucking prick with a flare inside there.....I'm glad I don't go to games nowadays....far too many idiotic cunts going to games!

32 minutes ago, Harold said:

fucking prick with a flare inside there.....I'm glad I don't go to games nowadays....far too many idiotic cunts going to games!

Agreed mate.

Glad I stayed at home in the warm with my Grandson and pie, chips n peas.

3 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Glad I stayed at home in the warm with my Grandson and pie, chips n peas.

I was more than happy, to be out in the cold supporting my club, and be there on an historical day.

the match ticket was weird, i also bought a programme today for the first time in maybe 20 years.

Here's a few pic's from what was a weird historical day.

That stairway looks a lot worse from the bottom.

ticketcov.jpg

cov.jpg

cov1.jpg

cov2.jpg

cov3.jpg

cov4.jpg

cov5.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics