Jump to content

Uber, Private Hire or Black Cabs


Mr Magnificent

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

What is you preferred ride Chaps?

The ride that gets me home simples. I get dropped in Brum when Blues are at home, and use Star taxis to get me home, Cost's £55. Tho they turn up when they say they will, and they get me home.No need to look for a cheaper alternative. I like reliability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What you should bear in mind around London in particular is that Uber drivers have only ever had a criminal record check for as long as they have been in the uk, so if for example the driver is say, an Afghan, who moved to the uk a year ago, provided he has not committed an offence in the UK his record will be clean. But if whilst in Afghanistan he was convicted of dishonesty, any sexual offence etc, his record will still be clean. For that reason I would never use Uber or put anyone I cared about in an Uber car. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

I was using Uber in Edinburgh, only think I don't like is when its busy they up the prices. So your basically paying more and your taxi will more than likely take a while to get to you. Makes no sense to me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
Just now, Makdee said:

Local Taxis no Uber or Black cabs in the wilds of Donegal. But using them is very rare. If we are out the wife drives home she is a non drinker 

In boro if I ever need a taxi which is rare, I always use boro taxis. We don't have uber as taxis in Middlesbrough are very cheap!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Big si said:

What you should bear in mind around London in particular is that Uber drivers have only ever had a criminal record check for as long as they have been in the uk, so if for example the driver is say, an Afghan, who moved to the uk a year ago, provided he has not committed an offence in the UK his record will be clean. But if whilst in Afghanistan he was convicted of dishonesty, any sexual offence etc, his record will still be clean. For that reason I would never use Uber or put anyone I cared about in an Uber car. 

Late at night or early morning, never take a cab on your own, you never know what the outcome could be, be it Uber, Private or Hire.

If you must, then have your phone on ready calling to Police services.

John Derek Radford (formerly John Worboys; born June 1957) is a British convicted sex offender, known as the Black Cab Rapist

Worboys was a London black cab taxi driver who picked up women as fares late at night in central London. He would tell each woman he was celebrating coming into a large amount of money, usually by winning the lottery or at a casino, show her a carrier bag full of money to back up his story, and then suggest she drink a glass of champagne with him, which he had drugged with sedatives. After the drugs had taken effect, he would rape or sexually assault her. The women often had little memory of what happened to them. In some cases he offered women money to have sex with him.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sployal said:

Late at night or early morning, never take a cab on your own, you never know what the outcome could be, be it Uber, Private or Hire.

If you must, then have your phone on ready calling to Police services.

John Derek Radford (formerly John Worboys; born June 1957) is a British convicted sex offender, known as the Black Cab Rapist

Worboys was a London black cab taxi driver who picked up women as fares late at night in central London. He would tell each woman he was celebrating coming into a large amount of money, usually by winning the lottery or at a casino, show her a carrier bag full of money to back up his story, and then suggest she drink a glass of champagne with him, which he had drugged with sedatives. After the drugs had taken effect, he would rape or sexually assault her. The women often had little memory of what happened to them. In some cases he offered women money to have sex with him.

 

I’ve done a few hires since initially reading this and I’m sorry but I’m still raging. That is insulting and offensive !!!

 

Ive been a private hire driver for over 20 years!! 
 

Every single day of the week I ll be helping old dears in with their shopping and I refuse to take extra for helping them.

Every school day I’m taxiing kids who have difficult home life’s . Kids with behavioural problems and without exception every parent has thanked me for being understanding and patient with them.

I have driven elderly passengers about who are confused or have dementia. I have always , no matter how long it takes, got them home and haven’t charged anything other than minimum fare

I could go on and on but honestly what you said in that post is an insult

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 minute ago, No.8 said:

I’ve done a few hires since initially reading this and I’m sorry but I’m still raging. That is insulting and offensive !!!

 

Ive been a private hire driver for over 20 years!! 
 

Every single day of the week I ll be helping old dears in with their shopping and I refuse to take extra for helping them.

Every school day I’m taxiing kids who have difficult home life’s . Kids with behavioural problems and without exception every parent has thanked me for being understanding and patient with them.

I have driven elderly passengers about who are confused or have dementia. I have always , no matter how long it takes, got them home and haven’t charged anything other than minimum fare

I could go on and on but honestly what you said in that post is an insult

Got to say I agree lumping all taxi drivers in with this guy is wrong on so many levels. To be blunt if the police had done their jobs properly he would have been locked up long before he was 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, No.8 said:

I’ve done a few hires since initially reading this and I’m sorry but I’m still raging. That is insulting and offensive !!!

Why is it ? He is only suggesting that people take precautions ?

Yeah you do a great job mate....but not everyone is like that.

7 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Got to say I agree lumping all taxi drivers in with this guy is wrong on so many levels.

How is SP lumping all drivers in with him ? Should people (especially women), knowing about this guy, not take precautions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 minute ago, Harold said:

Why is it ? He is only suggesting that people take precautions ?

Yeah you do a great job mate....but not everyone is like that.

How is SP lumping all drivers in with him ? Should people (especially women), knowing about this guy, not take precautions?

Late at night or early morning, never take a cab on your own, you never know what the outcome could be, be it Uber, Private or Hire.

If you must, then have your phone on ready calling to Police services.

John Derek Radford (formerly John Worboys; born June1957) is a British convicted sex offender, known as theBlack Cab Rapist 


 

Its all about opinions the above to me could have been worded in a totally different way I am not saying he meant to upset any taxi drivers but you can bet your boots it would 

the guy responsible drugged most of his victims they didn’t even know what was going on. People need to look at how he got away with it for so long 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    7k
    Total Topics
    176.1k
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    820
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    shiva1993
    Newest Member
    shiva1993
    Joined
  • New users  1 New user online in the last 24 hours

×
×
  • Create New...