Sign in to follow this  
Bloomingelljeff

Likely hood of liverpool flopping?

A lot of people are 100% sure liverpool are taking the title this year but as we all know football is unpredictable. 

Does anyone know the likely hood of us flopping it at the end of season and losing the chance to take the title?

I am on the side of liverpool will take it especially with our form and rhythm but it could change any minute, what are some opinions? 

Edit: yes I am a liverpool fan

Edit: Just seen the other thread discussing this 🤭

Edited by Bloomingelljeff

I think you lot will win this unless you have a massive fuck up. 

You are too strong for any other team at the moment, if you get a few injuries this could change but to have the lead you have right now over 2nd place you've won it!

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I think you lot will win this unless you have a massive fuck up. 

You are too strong for any other team at the moment, if you get a few injuries this could change but to have the lead you have right now over 2nd place you've won it!

My thoughts exactly unless we have a major fuck up or like you said a few bad injuries it should be plain sailing. You never know with this funny old game though 

Just now, Bloomingelljeff said:

My thoughts exactly unless we have a major fuck up or like you said a few bad injuries it should be plain sailing. You never know with this funny old game though 

Yes it is a funny old game, you'll probably get deduced points for FFP on spending haha. 

Oh and welcome to the forum. 

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yes it is a funny old game, you'll probably get deduced points for FFP on spending haha. 

Oh and welcome to the forum. 

Thank you for the welcome! Good luck against blackburn on saturday 

21 minutes ago, Bloomingelljeff said:

Thank you for the welcome! Good luck against blackburn on saturday 

and a welcome from me Jeff. Enjoy the forum, post away mate. If you wish there is a thread for introductions where you can tell us a bit about yourself & where you found our about this forum.

51 minutes ago, Bloomingelljeff said:

A lot of people are 100% sure liverpool are taking the title this year but as we all know football is unpredictable. 

Does anyone know the likely hood of us flopping it at the end of season and losing the chance to take the title?

I am on the side of liverpool will take it especially with our form and rhythm but it could change any minute, what are some opinions? 

Welcome Jeff. Hope you'll enjoy our little madhouse.

I am actually praying for the 'Pool to come unstuck!!  :red-card:

22 minutes ago, Harold said:

and a welcome from me Jeff. Enjoy the forum, post away mate. If you wish there is a thread for introductions where you can tell us a bit about yourself & where you found our about this forum.

I'll have a look at the introduction thread now and make a quick little intro post thank you!

1 hour ago, Bloomingelljeff said:

Hi Jeff , the only thing that could stop Liverpool winning the title would be a Munich like air disaster. I could be wrong but this must be a record lead at this stage in the PL since its inception.

17 minutes ago, DOC said:

Hi Jeff , the only thing that could stop Liverpool winning the title would be a Munich like air disaster. I could be wrong but this must be a record lead at this stage in the PL since its inception.

Just hope we don't jinx it!

41 minutes ago, DOC said:

Classy 

2 hours ago, DOC said:

tbh Doc I think you could have worded that a lot better mate & I say that as neither a Liverpool or Utd fan.

Liverpool will win the league in a canter and thoroughly deserve it. They have been the best team by a considerable distance

City are their only competition and losing players like Laporte and Sane for most of the season and not really replacing Kompant has hit them hard but that all said Liverpool’s consistency would have been very difficult to keep up with 

10 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Liverpool will win the league in a canter and thoroughly deserve it. They have been the best team by a considerable distance

Can't disagree with that mate.

10 minutes ago, No.8 said:

and not really replacing Kompant

Not being funny here Trav but how is Stones doing without him....haven't watched a lot of city.

18 hours ago, Harold said:

Can't disagree with that mate.

Not being funny here Trav but how is Stones doing without him....haven't watched a lot of city.

You know , no matter how much you don’t rate him, he is a footballing centre back. He needs that ‘Rock’ beside him.

City left themselves short at centre back and Laporte is a huge miss. Without him they are relying on Stones whose confidence looks to be shot to pieces. Otamendi just doesn’t have it. Fernandinho is ,IMO, one of the most under rated players in the EPL over the last few seasons but he is not a centre back!

I thought not getting Harry Maguire was a huge mistake but after watching United last night I’m not so sure.

The only plus I can think of right now for John Stones is he is not Phil Jones lol 

19 hours ago, Harold said:

tbh Doc I think you could have worded that a lot better mate & I say that as neither a Liverpool or Utd fan.

There was no offence meant  Harold ,I was using the analogy of the plane crash that  supposedly ( we will never know ) prevented the Busby Babes from becoming a great team. IT'S the only major tragedy that ever specifically befell a football team . Not referring to supporters here . There were quite a few of them.

Edited by DOC

30 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Another win for Liverpool today beating Southampton 4-0. 

22 point clear with 13 games to play. Man City have a game in hand tho. No way do Liverpool lose 7 games.

Looking back over the past 24 seasons in which the Premier League has been competed over 38 matches, the average points total for the champions is 86.91. The lowest points total to win the league in a 38-game season was Manchester United's 75 in 1996-97.

On 22/01/2020 at 12:32, DOC said:

Hi Jeff , the only thing that could stop Liverpool winning the title would be a Munich like air disaster. 

😂😂