• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Wuhan coronavirus - We are going to die from it [Covid-19]

boro_boy

11 minutes ago, Normski said:

A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients

It first struck me how different it was when I saw my first coronavirus patient go bad. I was like, Holy shit, this is not the flu. Watching this relatively young guy, gasping for air, pink frothy secretions coming out of his tube.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-medical-worker-describes--terrifying-lung-failure-from-covid19-even-in-his-young-patients

Fucks sake Norm, i expect better from you than this type of alarming journalism from a fake news site that asks for money donations :beer:

9 minutes ago, sployal said:

Fucks sake Norm, i expect better from you than this type of alarming journalism from a fake news site that asks for money donations :beer:

A right wing news site that asks for money has suggested that we will go into full lockdown,no passengers in cars,no more than 2 ppl together in public,all non grocery shops to close

Wotcha reckon.......bullshit?

4 minutes ago, Normski said:

A right wing news site that asks for money has suggested that we will go into full lockdown,no passengers in cars,no more than 2 ppl together in public,all non grocery shops to close

No Norm, i take that as common sense, apart from the asking for money.

That right wing news site seems to be telling (advising) the truth without any spreading any panic :beer:

47 minutes ago, Normski said:

A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients

It first struck me how different it was when I saw my first coronavirus patient go bad. I was like, Holy shit, this is not the flu. Watching this relatively young guy, gasping for air, pink frothy secretions coming out of his tube.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-medical-worker-describes--terrifying-lung-failure-from-covid19-even-in-his-young-patients

I’m gonna find and post something about someone who has recovered and is on the piss, with a load of bitches en tow.?

31 minutes ago, Normski said:

In Spain.......

Only those who are lucky enough to have dogs are able to stroll the streets without having to prove that they are on an essential shopping trip. 

In Madrid drones patrol the streets and blare warnings to stay at home through speakers, while in Murcia police cars cruise deserted streets and make announcements through megaphones.

Worried citizens look on from balconies, knowing they can only leave the house for essential travel to supermarkets and pharmacies - and must somehow prove that’s where they’re going - but not when the lockdown will be lifted.

56 minutes ago, sployal said:

No Norm, i take that as common sense, apart from the asking for money.

That right wing news site seems to be telling (advising) the truth without any spreading any panic :beer:

The government telling the nation that 20k deaths would be a good outcome was a good idea

2 hours ago, sployal said:

Has the government really announced 20.000 deaths Norm?

Here is the latest update, nothing mentioned about death figures!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51991887

Re-read what i said

The first headline a few nights ago and i had to rewind it to check that i wasn't hearing things

IF there are 20k deaths in UK it would be a good outcome

Now if anything is gonna spread panic then it's this

• Administrator

I still don't understand why i'm still living in close proximity to 5 other people on this small ship. We are in Wick and we have to go out to buy food every other day, we have been told to have 7 days worth of food on board. No guests are allowed on, and we are not doing anything other than sailing around the UK, there are 14 of our ships, we could all have COVID-19 and we could be spreading this around Scotland. Surely this is dangerous!!!

9 minutes ago, Normski said:

IF there are 20k deaths in UK it would be a good outcome

I don't know Norm but I would 'imagine' that that statement was an answer to some 'hole picking' supposed journalist. He was getting slaughtered for not giving enough info to the public & now he's getting it in the neck for stating realism from the chief medical official ? Certainly hasn't spread panic from the numerous people I've been in touch with.

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

I don't know Norm but I would 'imagine' that that statement was an answer to some 'hole picking' supposed journalist. He was getting slaughtered for not giving enough info to the public & now he's getting it in the neck for stating realism from the chief medical official ? Certainly hasn't spread panic from the numerous people I've been in touch with.

The whole headline announced...."the government will fight this all the way,they said 20k deaths would be a good result/outcome"

Unreal to hear that,if that's their thoughts fair enough but don't tell it to the public

I'l stick up a few vids of london,it's like the wild fucking west and people wonder why it's widespread in london

Coronavirus UK: 20,000 or fewer deaths 'good outcome'

UK's chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance reveals numbers in government strategy

Britain’s chief scientific advisor on Tuesday said the government strategy in fighting COVID-19 strain involves thousands of deaths and it would be a "good outcome" if 20,000 or fewer people died due to the virus.

Giving evidence in a parliamentary select committee, Sir Patrick Vallance said the number of infected across the U.K. might have been between 35,000 and 55,000 at the moment.

The chair of the Health and Social Care Committee and the former Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt asked Vallance if the British government's approach involved reducing the numbers of deaths from hundreds of thousands to tens of thousands.

"That is the hope, that we can get it down to that,” Vallance said.

He said: "To put that into perspective, every year in seasonal flu the number of deaths is thought to be about 8,000.

"So if we can get this [number of coronavirus cases] down to numbers of 20,000 and below, that is a good outcome."

"It is still horrible. That is still an enormous amount of deaths,” he added.

"It is still enormous pressure on the health services".

The revelation on government strategies came on a day when the number of infected people has risen to 1,950, according to health officials, with an increase of 407 more cases since yesterday.

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Unreal to hear that,if that's their thoughts fair enough but don't tell it to the public

so you would rather hear nothing ? Imagine the fucking outcry when some  cunt leaked that to a journalist (if it hadn't been said) and then THAT was put to the government ?....'Why didn't you tell us this info' ? You know what the media cunts are like...Get all info out and let folk deal with it!