Wuhan coronavirus - We are going to die from it [Covid-19]

boro_boy

• Site Owner
Just now, Harold said:

Now that's better. However I disagree with the following...

Seriously ? I think not mate.

But we have, those viruses appear each year and they are ever so slightly different, probably why my missus gets them now and again but I never really get the cold or flu. 

This new virus has been passed from an animal, a snake they think. So humans have no immunity to it, so a lot more people will get this, but if they get better from it, they won't get it again unless the virus mutates and becomes slightly different. 

Well thats my understanding anyway!

• Site Owner
1 minute ago, Harold said:

There has been a 36 year old & 40 something popped their clogs.

Were these people healthy or where they ill or have a shitty immune system? 

I'd like to read up on the people who have died so far and the reasons why they died. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

probably why my missus gets them now and again

so there's one instance of someone who doesn't have an immunity ? So you can't just use a general'we have an immunity from cold/flu'

19 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

This new virus has been passed from an animal, a snake they think. So humans have no immunity to it, so a lot more people will get this

I'm not disagreeing with this.

• Administrator

Were these people healthy or where they ill or have a shitty immune system?

not a clue mate.

I'd like to read up on the people who have died so far and the reasons why they died.

Go for it big boy....

• Site Owner
1 minute ago, Harold said:

so there's one instance of someone who doesn't have an immunity ? So you can't just use a general'we have an immunity from cold/flu'

I'm not disagreeing with this.

You do have an immunity if you have had the cold virus before otherwise you would never recover from it! ? 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

You do have an immunity if you have had the cold virus before otherwise you would never recover from it! ? 

so if you have immunity how does one get it again ? It can't be constant new strains of the common cold.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Well there are some 200 virus strains in different mix’s that make the common cold 

I'm no medical person Mak but my point is.....how does so many people get the cold so regularly if there is immunity to it ? For clarity, I haven't had a cold for over 4 years since retirement but when I was working I got it occasionally and there was always someone who had it.

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, Harold said:

I'm no medical person Mak but my point is.....how does so many people get the cold so regularly if there is immunity to it ? For clarity, I haven't had a cold for over 4 years since retirement but when I was working I got it occasionally and there was always someone who had it.

Oh I am agreeing the common cold is complex there’s different strains all the time there is no real immunity. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Oh I am agreeing the common cold is complex there’s different strains all the time there is no real immunity. 

You know how I said I haven't had a cold for over 4 years ? Well there may be a factor that people could try if they so wish.....

Image result for captain morgan's spiced images

You know it makes sense Rodders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................smiley

• Site Owner
49 minutes ago, Harold said:

so if you have immunity how does one get it again ? It can't be constant new strains of the common cold.

Its the common cold but but its slightly changed to fool your immune haha ?, but seriously it is, I think. I'll have a look later on about it. 

When there are outbreaks of diseases like Foot and Mouth, Swine Flue, Anthrax, et al, the normal practice is a ban on all livestock movement.
I see no reason why the same should not apply to diseases that affect humans.
However a total ban would possibly be unworkable, so the next best thing would be health checks at point of departure and arrival.