Blues Charged Again!

superally

Middlesbrough and Birmingham City have been charged with failing to control their players' conduct during the 1-1 draw on Tuesday.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11694/11916504/middlesbrough-and-birmingham-city-charged-for-failing-to-control-players

Can the FA be charged for failing to provide a competent referee?

Just now, The Realist said:

Middlesbrough and Birmingham City have been charged with failing to control their players' conduct during the 1-1 draw on Tuesday.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11694/11916504/middlesbrough-and-birmingham-city-charged-for-failing-to-control-players

Can the FA be charged for failing to provide a competent referee?

No, I don't think they can mate.

Love how at the end Woodgate says "Don't forget Jutkiewicz was offside so it wouldn't have counted anyway" when he was a yard onside! Guy is full of nonsense.

If it was offside the linesman would have flagged, he didn’t so it would have counted, maybe somebody needs to tell the halfwit Woodgate.

Woodgate talks absolute shite. He claimed McNair took a really good penalty but Lee Camp made a great save...when it was actually a piss weak penalty chipped up perfectly for a keeper to save. And that's not me running Camp down - fair play, it's still got to be saved...just saying Woodgate chats shit.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

He was onside! What about the separate issue of Boro officials running onto the pitch before the ref blew the whistle?

Okay should have been stopped due to the dead injury. Simple really. So I don't think they were that happy with the officials.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Woodgate talks absolute shite. He claimed McNair took a really good penalty but Lee Camp made a great save...when it was actually a piss weak penalty chipped up perfectly for a keeper to save. And that's not me running Camp down - fair play, it's still got to be saved...just saying Woodgate chats shit.

I think he just says what the fans want to hear, like most managers. I don't really like him in all honesty. 

27 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Okay should have been stopped due to the dead injury. Simple really. So I don't think they were that happy with the officials.

I can't see a head injury there myself, the bloke fell over, not holding his head. 

These highlights also show no way was Juke offside.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, The Realist said:

I can't see a head injury there myself, the bloke fell over, not holding his head. 

These highlights also show no way was Juke offside.

Well them highlights are a bit shit. The highlights I watched where the ones from Sky.

I'll link to it tomorrow as i'm getting my massive head down!!!

• Administrator

Heres the head injury (Min 1:41)

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/middlesbrough/11914624/middlesbrough-1-1-birmingham

Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 14.31.26.png

I got a screen shot from the highlights and it looks like your player is offside as he's leaning forward so his head and shoulders are further than the ball. 

Case closed :lolpan:

Anyway, does anyone know when the ref blew his whistle?

from Realist's footage the viewer can't really see if there is an offside or not but surely the ref didn't stop the game at the point just before the ball was put in the net because of the Boro player on the ground ? If he (ref) did then it was a terrible decision to make.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Harold said:

from Realist's footage the viewer can't really see if there is an offside or not but surely the ref didn't stop the game at the point just before the ball was put in the net because of the Boro player on the ground ? If he (ref) did then it was a terrible decision to make.

He must have stopped the game when our staff went onto the pitch. 

16 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Heres the head injury (Min 1:41)

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/middlesbrough/11914624/middlesbrough-1-1-birmingham

Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 14.31.26.png

I got a screen shot from the highlights and it looks like your player is offside as he's leaning forward so his head and shoulders are further than the ball. 

Case closed :lolpan:

Anyway, does anyone know when the ref blew his whistle?

the furthest left Boro player is playing the Blues player in the box onside.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Harold said:

the furthest left Boro player is playing the Blues player in the box onside.

Maybe, but I can't really tell. Its close either way. But the game was stopped so none of this really matters.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Harold said:

He should have allowed the goal then went and dealt with the handbags.

Yeah, but he was a shit referee according to the boro forums I go on. Birmingham are just moaning because they missed a lot of changes and should have won the game as they were the better side. 

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah, but he was a shit referee according to the boro forums I go on. Birmingham are just moaning because they missed a lot of changes and should have won the game as they were the better side. 

I'm just calling it as a neutral and favour neither side but for the matter of a couple of seconds I maintain it was a very poor decision by the ref....surely even a shit ref shouldn't have done that....well that's my thinking.

14 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

No, we are moaning because we had a perfectly legitimate goal ruled out by incompetent officials.