Is the forum becoming too much like Facebook?

I enjoy hearing about football related topics and current affairs, but I have to say I have little interest in what people stuff down their throats, what they or their neighbours did last week, what their favourite dog or cat got up to, whether or not their haemorrhoids are itching today, etc, etc.

Yes , I know I can easily skip such nonsense, but it does puzzle me that anyone would feel the need to share such mundane and inane detail.

:face-with-open-mouth-vomiting_1f92e:

3 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I enjoy hearing about football related topics and current affairs, but I have to say I have little interest in what people stuff down their throats, what they or their neighbours did last week, what their favourite dog or cat got up to, whether or not their haemorrhoids are itching today, etc, etc.

Yes , I know I can easily skip such nonsense, but it does puzzle me that anyone would feel the need to share such mundane and inane detail.

Each to their own Hairy.....

There are threads I skip, but actually dont mind/enjoy personal stories of other members.....

Makes the Avatar more human and relatable. 

58 minutes ago, Normski said:

I'm going for a shit hairy,do you wanna pic?

52 minutes ago, Harold said:

Yep.....just you be doing that Hairy.....sorted.

And in these responses lies the answer.

A fine example of the level.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Hahahaha

Yeah I sometimes wonder why I post a photo of my scran and put it on here. Probably boredom for me. I used to be one of those cunts on Facebook when it first started. But I've quit Facebook now as it's so boring. But like you say, you can skip them if you want to. 

Just now, Hairy Scot said:

ffs Hairy...we're not all pedantic academics. there are some of us who can indulge in serious debate if the situation suggests that is what required and also involve ourselves in idiotic, light hearted banter which obviously isn't to your taste.............or LEVEL! Honest to fuck.....quiet night in NZ ?

22 minutes ago, Normski said:

Ironically you told us on SFF when in Berlin you saw a girl in skin tight trousers

When you asked how do you get into them she replied......a few gins?

That was in Munich, and is a true story. The answer was in fact "You could start with a gin and tonic"".

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

It's enough to make one choke on one's sarnie!

Agree with the other folks though. Don't read what doesn't interest you. 

What floats my boat might not float yours and all that. 

Common sense really. 

BB wishes the forum was as big as Farcebook. Imagine how many pork pies he could buy then! ?

4 minutes ago, Normski said:

Me going for a shit was also a true story

You quote a post from far in the past. One which was posted as an example of an ironic twist.
That is far removed from food intake, cat/dog pranks and other minutiae of the type which is best reserved for Twitter and Facebook.

Just now, Hairy Scot said:

You quote a post from far in the past. One which was posted as an example of an ironic twist.
That is far removed from food intake, cat/dog pranks and other minutiae of the type which is best reserved for Twitter and Facebook.

Why is it best reserved for FB and Twitter?

Can you come back with anything constructive in regards to simply not reading sections that don't interest you?

8 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

It wasn't football or current affairs related tho which was what your gripe was about

13 minutes ago, Normski said:

It wasn't football or current affairs related tho which was what your gripe was about

If I recall correctly it was in line with he topic under discussion.

18 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Why is it best reserved for FB and Twitter?

Can you come back with anything constructive in regards to simply not reading sections that don't interest you?

????????????????????????????

20 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

True.

I merely express an opinion.

Hairy, I've no doubt there will be more than a few threads/comments started/made by you that others on here may/will have absolutely no interest in but make no derogatory comment on and simply ignore it.....here is an example...

I'm not criticising you for posting it but I had a look at it......and moved on....simples. It would be a funny old world if everybody acted/thought identically.