• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Should topics remain on topic

Bastion

Should topics remain totally on topic.  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Well?

I voted yes, as primarily i think they should. I also accept and appreciate that  threads evolve,It's how they evolve that is the key. If the topic is IE Your first concert, which is pretty interesting until the 11th post, where we suddenly have a staff member talking about eating prunes. The 12th post i got it back on topic, it remained decent until around the 17th post, which again was total nonsense. There is no natural evolvement there, just pure shite IMO.

Leave the decent threads alone, and talk shite in the relevant shitty threads is my opinion. Evolve yes, posting shite for the sake of a post= Get a fecking life saddo.

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

I voted yes, as primarily i think they should. I also accept and appreciate that  threads evolve,It's how they evolve that is the key. If the topic is IE Your first concert, which is pretty interesting until the 11th post, where we suddenly have a staff member talking about eating prunes. The 12th post i got it back on topic, it remained decent until around the 17th post, which again was total nonsense. There is no natural evolvement there, just pure shite IMO.

Leave the decent threads alone, and talk shite in the relevant shitty threads is my opinion. Evolve yes, posting shite for the sake of a post= Get a fecking life saddo.

That's a fair opinion......

12 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

You shit stirring fooker!

Topics evolve.

What are your favourite biscuits?

Just now, Bastion said:

I'm partial to a Wagon Wheel ?

@Bastion, I am now curious as to the logic behind this thread seeing as you and your loverboy Madge have gone totally away from the topic by the 3rd post.

Any chance of explaining your reasoning behind it?

Just now, The Realist said:

@Bastion, I am now curious as to the logic behind this thread seeing as you and your loverboy Madge have gone totally away from the topic by the 3rd post.

I wish to get a broad opinion on the subject 

Well, as broad as possible with limited members.....

Just now, Bastion said:

That's a fair opinion......

I was under the impression that i would be told to dry my eyes, ( a phrase that always tickles me along with untwist my knickers). whether fair or not, I appreciate the fact you can accept i have an opinion. Having an opinion on MFF the last year or so, seems to be frowned upon by some.

I was under the impression that i would be told to dry my eyes, ( a phrase that always tickles me along with untwist my knickers). whether fair or not, I appreciate the fact you can accept i have an opinion. Having an opinion on MFF the last year or so, seems to be frowned upon by some.

If we all thought the same, it would be an echo chamber in here...... I enjoy differing views.

Hairy adds a fair bit to the forum, dont always agree, in fact often dont,  but I enjoy reading his opinions regardless......

He also has the swingers to go against the grain......with unpopular views......

Again, I love that in a forum,

At this stage it's worth pointing out, I also am happy for threads to be derailed,  as I enjoy what I perceive to be Craic and banter, but appreciate others dont ..   .

Bottom line, if most folk dont like threads derailed, it gives others something to think about.

18 minutes ago, The Realist said:

He is asking a question not asking for approval.

Wind your neck in. 

1 minute ago, Bastion said:

Bottom line, if most folk dont like threads derailed, it gives others something to think about.

It's often not about them being derailed/evolving, It's how they evolve. People with nothing worthwhile to contribute to the thread, just have to  post something for the sake of posting, hence we get several posts related to whatever it is,then a pile of shite from whoever. If people have nothing to contribute don't just feckin post for the sake of it. It is so easy to ignore a topic that a person has no interest in,or no valid input/opinion to offer. So feckin easy.

17 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

He is asking a question not asking for approval.

Wind your neck in. 

I am asking a question too. As Stevie Wonder could easily see. @Bastion has replied with a perfectly reasonable response, which i understand and appreciate. Tho he may be appreciative of your moral support, I doubt he needs it. He seem's a logical kind of guy to me.

Anyhow back on topic @Mr Magnificent, have you any valid input into this topic? Just curious like. saying threads evolve  then asking what your favourite biscuit is, is not really valid input.

I am asking a question too. As Stevie Wonder could easily see. @Bastion has replied with a perfectly reasonable response, which i understand and appreciate. Tho he may be appreciative of your moral support, I doubt he needs it. He seem's a logical kind of guy to me.

Anyhow back on topic @Mr Magnificent, have you any valid input into this topic? Just curious like. saying threads evolve  then asking what your favourite biscuit is, is not really valid input.

But to me it is.

Just ignore what you don't like.

A bit like we both do with that six toed lot from B 6. 

Well, especially you with Fowler. ?

10 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

But to me it is.

Just ignore what you don't like.

A bit like we both do with that six toed lot from B 6. 

Well, especially you with Fowler. ?

Line 1, I can only assume it's a difference in intelligence level's, and your well stated lack of friends,and other worthwhile things in life.

Line 2, I ignore most of the shite posted, that i do not deem worthy of responding to.

Line 3, Yeah we both hate those cnunts agree 100%

Line 4,Fowler is an irrelevance the City is ours and he feckin knows it.

So you really think what is your favourite biscuit is a valid input into @Bastion 's thread?

I think he has raised a good topic, also raising the question of the difference between evolving and going totally off topic.

Edited by The Realist

• Administrator

I think most topics should stay on topic but they should slowly return to the original topic too. I do think a lot of the topics on here to go off topic but its not always a massive problem. Unless it's a serious thread or someone actually wants an answer to something or some opinions. If that is the case and they do go off topic it can be a little bit annoying. We do have a Longest Thread for all random off topic shite. 

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I think most topics should stay on topic but they should slowly return to the original topic too. I do think a lot of the topics on here to go off topic but its not always a massive problem. Unless it's a serious thread or someone actually wants an answer to something or some opinions. If that is the case and they do go off topic it  can be a little bit annoying. We do have a Longest Thread for all random off topic shite. 

Problem is, when reading a thread that has been derailed, it gets to the point after reading a few off topic posts the interest in the original topic gets lost along with the interest in continuing to read it. By that point the thread is lost.

Also i note  basically you are echoing my words. And that is coming from the boss fella's.

I will now sit back and await you all to rant and moan @boro_boy, for sharing my opinion.

Edited by The Realist

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I think most topics should stay on topic but they should slowly return to the original topic too. I do think a lot of the topics on here to go off topic but its not always a massive problem. Unless it's a serious thread or someone actually wants an answer to something or some opinions. If that is the case and they do go off topic it can be a little bit annoying. We do have a Longest Thread for all random off topic shite. 

I agree. Not a massive problem just go with the flow. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Problem is, when reading a thread that has been derailed, it gets to the point after reading a few off topic posts the interest in the original topic gets lost along with the interest in continuing to read it. By that point the thread is lost.

Also i note  basically you are echoing my words. And that is coming from the boss fella's.

I will now sit back and await you all to rant and moan @boro_boy, for sharing my opinion.

Yeah I skipped through most of this thread just to add my reply. I do agree that threads do evolve and go off topic, but it shouldn't go off topic for more than a few posts. 

12 hours ago, The Realist said:

Having an opinion on MFF the last year or so, seems to be frowned upon by some

You mean me I take it. Your comment is utter garbage. I frown upon nobody for having any opinion....however If I disagree with it I shall say.....I make no pretence of being better than others on here like yourself. Just out of curiosity....How many on here actually whinge about certain posts, threads not to their liking...c'mon, let us know ?