Panorama - Britain's Killer Motorways?

boro_boy

• Administrator

Missed this so hoping it will be on iPlayer soon so I can watch it, only 30 mins long, its about how dangerous smart motorways are. I think they are very dangerous, just because of dangerous people on the roads not looking at the road ahead. 

This is the link to it once its on iPlayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000dtqv

14 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Missed this so hoping it will be on iPlayer soon so I can watch it, only 30 mins long, its about how dangerous smart motorways are. I think they are very dangerous, just because of dangerous people on the roads not looking at the road ahead. 

This is the link to it once its on iPlayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000dtqv

Just like no knife or gun is dangerous, no motorway is dangerous either. It's the feckin idiots that use them. Only issue i encountered on a smart motorway, was on the M6, a feckin Vauxhall Mokka broke down in what in normal conditions would be the inside lane, and was causing chaos, must have been a bad one, as it couldn't even make it across to the hard shoulder.(i have mentioned this previously somewhere on here about the Vauxhall)

Edited by The Realist

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

Just like no knife or gun is dangerous, no motorway is dangerous either. It's the feckin idiots that use them. Only issue i encountered on a smart motorway, was on the M6, a feckin Vauxhall Mokka broke down in what in normal conditions would be the inside lane, and was causing chaos, must have been a bad one, as it couldn't even make it across to the hard shoulder.

I had a Mokka. Never missed a beat.

Problem I have with them especially on my motorbike is when BMW and Mercedes drivers drive like idiots. Fortunate for me I can open my throttle and leave them for dead.

Zoom zoom. 

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I had a Mokka. Never missed a beat.

Problem I have with them especially on my motorbike is when BMW and Mercedes drivers drive like idiots. Fortunate for me I can open my throttle and leave them for dead.

Zoom zoom. 

You have a scooter, I have 3 litre of BMW power, tho my car is restricted to 155 MPH, and is built to handle them speeds comfortably, i would happily race you on your little scooter, or for that matter your disability Hyundai. Mercedes drivers are generally considered to be OK, and more conservative drivers, It's BMW and Audi drivers that get all the moans, from the lesser car drivers.:t2706:. Special mention too, to VW Golf, and Ford ST drivers. Tho according to police, slow drivers are far more dangerous, which i totally agree with. As the chief constable of Leicestershire and Rutland police recently said the slow drivers are the biggest hazard in his county. Driving at 70mph in the outside lane through his county will get you a ticket, you are causing an obstruction. It is the job of traffic police to control speeding motorists, not some fecker who thinks he can.

I have often been stuck behind a driver doing 30 in a 50 MPH zone, with a massive tailback behind them,and a clear road in front. In 99% of cases i found they are driving either a Vauxhall or Hyundai, which are far and away the most common motability cars on the roads. If only bingo halls opened later, these menaces would have no reason to be cluttering up the roads during rush hour. 

3 minutes ago, The Realist said:

You have a scooter, I have 3 litre of BMW power, tho my car is restricted to 155 MPH, and is built to handle them speeds comfortably, i would happily race you on your little scooter, or for that matter your disability Hyundai. Mercedes drivers are generally considered to be OK, and more conservative drivers, It's BMW and Audi drivers that get all the moans, from the lesser car drivers.:t2706:. Special mention too, to VW Golf, and Ford ST drivers. Tho according to police, slow drivers are far more dangerous, which i totally agree with. As the chief constable of Leicestershire and Rutland police recently said the slow drivers are the biggest hazard in his county. Driving at 70mph in the outside lane through his county will get you a ticket, you are causing an obstruction. It is the job of traffic police to control speeding motorists, not some fecker who thinks he can.

I have often been stuck behind a driver doing 30 in a 50 MPH zone, with a massive tailback behind them,and a clear road in front. In 99% of cases i found they are driving either a Vauxhall or Hyundai, which are far and away the most common motability cars on the roads. If only bingo halls opened later, these menaces would have no reason to be cluttering up the roads during rush hour. 

Do you have any statistics to back up your statement about Hyundai and Vauxhall's being most common Mobility vehicles on the road? Doubtful.

What you are indirectly saying us that Vauxhall and Hyundai drivers are disabled. 

You won't get a ticket in the fast lane doing 70 mph if you are overtaking.

I have a new bike. It would get to 155 mph before you had hit third gear. Let's have a race for 10 grand. Put up or shut up!  

3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I have a new bike. It would get to 155 mph before you had hit third gear. Let's have a race for 10 grand. Put up or shut up!  

You can't have a piece of toast without it going on the forum fella, don't insult people's intelligence by dreaming up a new motorbike. FYI, i passed my bike test in 1982.

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

You can't have a piece of toast without it going on the forum fella, don't insult people's intelligence by dreaming up a new motorbike. FYI, i passed my bike test in 1982.

And don't ride any more due to falling off your Honda 50. 

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

But they improve traffic flow.

Also I don't think they pick motorbikes up on camera for average speed between cameras. 

I never knew that, surely they can pick up a motorbike!

41 minutes ago, The Realist said:

100% agree with that. I am all for them, bear in mind i do a lot of motorway miles.

Yeah they do improve the motorway but is it worth it with all the dangers of it, imaging breaking down in late 2,3, or 4 of a live motorway, you can't get out as you'll be ran over by wankers on their phone or being distracted, you just sit in your car waiting to be smashed into. The program said only the M25 has the radars fitted to spot stationary traffic. Before the built the motorways the refuge areas where supposed to be 600 meters apart, some of these are over 2 1/2 miles apart!!! 

25 minutes ago, The Realist said:

But 70mph is the MAX your legally allowed to do, if your overtaking and doing 70mph there is fuck all the police can do. I sit at about 70 -74 now as i'm never in a rush these days, when I was doing the drive from Plymouth to Middlesbrough i'd be speeding all the way as its such a shit boring drive. I hate hesitant women drivers, I get cut up by twats all the time. Oh and btw, most BMW and Audi drivers are cunts. Driving like wankers and up other drivers arses. The lad on my ship has a BMW and he drives like a complete utter bellend. Its just a bad name they have and i'm not just saying that because I don't have one either. Its a FACT ? 

17 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Do you have any statistics to back up your statement about Hyundai and Vauxhall's being most common Mobility vehicles on the road? Doubtful.

What you are indirectly saying us that Vauxhall and Hyundai drivers are disabled. 

You won't get a ticket in the fast lane doing 70 mph if you are overtaking.

I love my Insignia, top car ?

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah they do improve the motorway but is it worth it with all the dangers of it, imaging breaking down in late 2,3, or 4 of a live motorway, you can't get out as you'll be ran over by wankers on their phone or being distracted, you just sit in your car waiting to be smashed into. The program said only the M25 has the radars fitted to spot stationary traffic. Before the built the motorways the refuge areas where supposed to be 600 meters apart, some of these are over 2 1/2 miles apart!!! 

But 70mph is the MAX your legally allowed to do, if your overtaking and doing 70mph there is fuck all the police can do. I sit at about 70 -74 now as i'm never in a rush these days, when I was doing the drive from Plymouth to Middlesbrough i'd be speeding all the way as its such a shit boring drive. I hate hesitant women drivers, I get cut up by twats all the time. Oh and btw, most BMW and Audi drivers are cunts. Driving like wankers and up other drivers arses. The lad on my ship has a BMW and he drives like a complete utter bellend. Its just a bad name they have and i'm not just saying that because I don't have one either. Its a FACT ? 

As I said mate my Mokka never gave me a seconds trouble. Went all over Scotland in it. Top car, but a little lacking in boot space hence, the bigger Hyundai which has been equally as good.

BMW and Mercedes have poorer reliability records than Hyundai. 

Motorbikes don't have front number plates mate. If the average speed camera is looking from the front and many do then nothing to photo. 

Edited by Mr Magnificent

11 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Is it the diesel or petrol model mate?