Jump to content
boro_boy

Brexit - 11 Months for a Trade Deal

Brexit 2020  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

We have Brexit now so maybe time for a new thread and a change of direction. The old thread Was all about the remainers trying to block brexit, all they managed was to delay it.

This thread is now all about the 11 months we have to get a trade deal with the EU or go No Deal.

I know what I'd prefer. 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's vital for both that a deal is reached. Tho it could potentially hit our economy short term, while we are negotiating other deals, with USA-China etc, the effect on some EU countries economies would be disastrous possibly to the point of bankruptcy. Most notably, Spain,Portugal,Italy,Belgium and Holland. France and Germany would be hit hard too,particularly the motor industry.

One thing i am certain of, is the need to continue importing European beer. The thought have having to drink that pissy dishwater also known as Carling for the rest of my life is depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Normski said:

Seeing this is post Brexit,Dave and Anna are speaking post Brexit

20200201_105536.thumb.jpg.6f08b3985b3057231c63f7052fed65e0.jpg

Absolute idiots. These need to shut the fuck up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens to all the EU enforced laws, now that we have left?

Do they become null and void?

The one which allows migrant workers in this country to claim family allowance for their children even if they don't live here should be quashed immediately in my opinion. 

Edited by Mr Magnificent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

What happens to all the EU enforced laws, now that we have left?

Do they become null and void?

The one which allows migrant workers in this country to claim family allowance for their children even if they don't live here should be quashed immediately in my opinion. 

Do we not keep these for the Transitional period has ended?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

What happens to all the EU enforced laws, now that we have left?

 

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Do we not keep these for the Transitional period has ended?

Yep, we are still obliged until then as far as I am aware.

8 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

The one which allows migrant workers in this country to claim family allowance for their children even if they don't live here

That was the same for all EU countries who have family allowance I believe....however it would benefit those who were in the UK more than UK citizens living/working in other EU countries. Sure I read/heard that in the past. Irrespective, it was farcical that anyone could claim for children who were not in the same country as their parents. It should have been the allowance could only be claimed from the country where the children resided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well said Dom.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/brexit-dominic-raab-accused-of-sabre-rattling-over-eu-talks/ar-BBZzjEF?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

But isn't it absolutely sickening that sections of our, the UK, MSM will not get behind the government in this situation, preferring to give credence to the flat balloon that is the pathetic EU ? Remainer fuckers!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve Bray....sad, sad, sad! Reason he's doing it is he is unemployable. I wonder what the situation is with the DWP ot HMRC if the cash is being declared. He is one cunt I would happily shop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Harold said:

Steve Bray....sad, sad, sad! Reason he's doing it is he is unemployable. I wonder what the situation is with the DWP ot HMRC if the cash is being declared. He is one cunt I would happily shop!

Bray is quite an appropriate name for the chap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another historic moment for Brexit Britain as we take our independent seat at the World Trade Organisation, sitting alongside our good friends from the USA. We're now proper players in global trade talks, instead of being rule-takers from Brussels!
 

64A290BE-BBC5-4AC4-9FE7-4651001663EA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Another historic moment for Brexit Britain as we take our independent seat at the World Trade Organisation, sitting alongside our good friends from the USA. We're now proper players in global trade talks, instead of being rule-takers from Brussels!
 

64A290BE-BBC5-4AC4-9FE7-4651001663EA.jpeg

Read some shit this morning that to get a free trade deal with the EU the arrogant cunts are STILL demanding we adopt their rules....these fuckers must be the most off key politicians since Abraham Lincoln said to his wife...'Forget a night in....I fancy the theatre tonight'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Harold said:

Read some shit this morning that to get a free trade deal with the EU the arrogant cunts are STILL demanding we adopt their rules....these fuckers must be the most off key politicians since Abraham Lincoln said to his wife...'Forget a night in....I fancy the theatre tonight'.

They want to have access to our fishing waters, fuck them all, no deal please. WTO all the way 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

They want to have access to our fishing waters

Aye, read that........smiley....stupid or what....we left their corrupt institution just to go back to how it was ? Fuck off you weapons!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been reading a lot about this last few days. I genuinely believe the EU, really has the jitters. Their biggest concern is for a level playing field, which says to me,they are of fear of what the UK can achieve free of the EU regulatory shackles. And now with us taking a seat on the WTO council, it has maybe escalated their fear even more. The differences in what we and the EU want, are not that far apart. Tho one big notable difference is our ambitions, which they know we can achieve, which will have a big cost to them, hence the level playing field obsession on their part. Feck em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2020 at 17:09, Harold said:

Aye, read that........smiley....stupid or what....we left their corrupt institution just to go back to how it was ? Fuck off you weapons!

Sturgeon should have a think about that too. If she got her way, of an independent Scotland, and got back in the EU,she would be handing over one of Scotland's greatest export potentials back to the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Realist said:

Sturgeon should have a think about that too. If she got her way, of an independent Scotland, and got back in the EU,she would be handing over one of Scotland's greatest export potentials back to the EU.

Yeah I agree but....do you think for one moment that concerns her...no sir, not one fucking jot. She simply wants to be remembered as the person that gained separation from one union (but is quite prepared to jump into bed with another which actually makes a laughing stock of her idea of an independent country) which, God help us, will never happen. There is so much work to be done in Scotland...NHS, Education, Law & Order but her thinking is.....

Sturgeon said: “Two years on from the historic vote of 2014, the fundamental case for Scotland’s independence remains as it was. The case for full self-government ultimately transcends the issues of Brexit, of oil, of national wealth and balance sheets and of passing political fads and trends.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Harold said:

Yeah I agree but....do you think for one moment that concerns her...no sir, not one fucking jot. She simply wants to be remembered as the person that gained separation from one union (but is quite prepared to jump into bed with another which actually makes a laughing stock of her idea of an independent country) which, God help us, will never happen. There is so much work to be done in Scotland...NHS, Education, Law & Order but her thinking is.....

Sturgeon said: “Two years on from the historic vote of 2014, the fundamental case for Scotland’s independence remains as it was. The case for full self-government ultimately transcends the issues of Brexit, of oil, of national wealth and balance sheets and of passing political fads and trends.”

You must  remember that "Home Rule" is the major plank of the SNP, and that transcends all other issues.
Unfortunately there seems to be nothing else in the current party's manifesto.
Given the party's performance since devolution there is no doubt that independence is a pipe dream.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brussels says the timing of its £1bn bill sent to Britain on Brexit Day was "pure coincidence". Of course it was!

This surely forms part of the negotiations, free trade deal and we might consider it. Will they be returning our "deposit" in the European Bank?

 

eubill.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    4,486
    Total Topics
    54,885
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    372
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    Flying Dutchman
    Newest Member
    Flying Dutchman
    Joined
  • New users  0 New users online in the last 24 hours

    No new users

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.