Brexit - 11 Months for a Trade Deal

boro_boy

Brexit 2020  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 23/02/2020 at 09:17, Bastion said:

Your basic defense of the financial position Ireland is in, is to point North, to look at my part of the world, 

Ireland owes €44000  for every man, woman and child in your part of the island and sweep it with, we are booming etc, yet you owe more per capita than Greece and Portugal?

You seem more concerned about the border, a bridge, DUP..... as if that sweeps it all away, it has nothing to do with the position Ireland is currently in, its position should a No Deal Brexit occur......

Is it not the RoI's position we are talking about? 

Well lets just have a look at the two examples you gave , Greece and Portugal .The GDP per capita in those two countries are roughly €30K and €33K respectively . Ireland is €83K . ( source IMF and World Bank 2019 ) That's for every man woman and child in OUR part of the country. So it stands to reason that the country with the 4th highest per capita in the world has a better ability to service its debts.

So as far as the  bridge to Scotland  is concerned  which I think you said in another post " bring it on " , if you believe anything out of BoJos mouth , more the fool you. He will dangle that in front of you  like a silver bauble for as long as it takes to distract long enough to get Brexit done .....in Great Britain.

17 minutes ago, DOC said:

if you believe anything out of BoJos mouth

Not getting involved with your debate with bastion Doc, but regards that comment mate....yeah, the majority of the UK is in line with him. He aint no May that will nod his head obediently to Barnier etc.....Boris has got us out & it's up to the self thought rulers of Europe to open their eyes and understand that they can go shit against a tree if they actually believe we will kowtow to them any longer!

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Harold said:

Not getting involved with your debate with bastion Doc, but regards that comment mate....yeah, the majority of the UK is in line with him. He aint no May that will nod his head obediently to Barnier etc.....Boris has got us out & it's up to the self thought rulers of Europe to open their eyes and understand that they can go shit against a tree if they actually believe we will kowtow to them any longer!

I'm a fan of Boris, I like the man, but I also like Farage too, a lot of people hate both men. Boris is doing a alright job at the moment, I know he's a liar but isn't every MP? He's getting us out of the EU with hopefully a good deal, I'll obviously have a different opinion of him every month depending on how he's doing and what he's doing or not doing after saying he'll do it haha. 

1 hour ago, DOC said:

Well lets just have a look at the two examples you gave , Greece and Portugal .The GDP per capita in those two countries are roughly €30K and €33K respectively . Ireland is €83K . ( source IMF and World Bank 2019 ) That's for every man woman and child in OUR part of the country. So it stands to reason that the country with the 4th highest per capita in the world has a better ability to service its debts.

So as far as the  bridge to Scotland  is concerned  which I think you said in another post " bring it on " , if you believe anything out of BoJos mouth , more the fool you. He will dangle that in front of you  like a silver bauble for as long as it takes to distract long enough to get Brexit done .....in Great Britain.

You're obsessed with that bridge,  would it upset you to see a bridge between NI and Scotland?

It seems to take up a fair bit of your defense of Irelands debt...... a Dept you basically ignore.

Anyhoo, time will tell matie, as ye seem beyond looking at the issue.

22 hours ago, Harold said:

It still remains to be seen if he gets what he wants out of the negotiations Harold. Whatever he settles for wont satisfy the leave voters.

20 hours ago, Bastion said:

You're obsessed with that bridge,  would it upset you to see a bridge between NI and Scotland?

It seems to take up a fair bit of your defense of Irelands debt...... a Dept you basically ignore.

Anyhoo, time will tell matie, as ye seem beyond looking at the issue.

No , doesn't bother me at all . It will be just called Ireland to Scotland by the time it's built.

Talks due to begin on Monday. I think the EU are realising Boris won't be bullied like Teresa May was, and are starting to get the heebeegeebees a little bit. At times arguing amongst themselves too. The worst that can happen for us is WTO terms.

Trump got the hump with France recently and imposed tariffs on their wines. This saw an immediate 40% drop in French wine sales in the US.

I think we need alignment on some things like Security, and Aviation, tho feck em (particularly France & Ireland) who have been making the most noise and biggest threats.

Absolute no no's for me are giving unlimited access to our fishing waters, answering to the ECJ, not keeping control of our borders, no free movement of people, and not being bound by a regulatory quagmire level playing field.

Thoughts?

• Administrator

Yes align with Security. Even if we didn't alight (Whatever than means anyway) we would still share security intelligence with them surely!!!! Why would we not?

Fishing is ours, they can all get fucked, I can't see the fishing industry getting back to how it was, but we could charge them lots to fish in our waters!!!. 

I just think we should cut all ties with them! Whats the worst that will happen?

Doing now whilst Coronavirus takes control!

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yes align with Security. Even if we didn't alight (Whatever than means anyway) we would still share security intelligence with them surely!!!! Why would we not?

Fishing is ours, they can all get fucked, I can't see the fishing industry getting back to how it was, but we could charge them lots to fish in our waters!!!. 

I just think we should cut all ties with them! Whats the worst that will happen?

Doing now whilst Coronavirus takes control!

Priority for me is closing that feckin tunnel.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, superally said:

Last post about Brexit was mine quoted here. Coronavirus really has stole the limelight.

My opinion is that we can forget about trade talks and getting deals sorted out for quite some time now.