Sign in to follow this  
boro_boy

Items disabled on the forum for a bit

I'm just getting some support for Google Login on the site as its not working at the moment so I've disabled all the plugins such as total posts, donations ect whilst Invision Board support are investigating.

Everything is back to normal now. 

The Google Sign in now works properly.

So if you have a Google Account you can now log into the site using your google account. This means all you need to do is click on the google login button and you shouldn't have to insert your password (You may have to for the first time you use the Google sign in)

8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Everything is back to normal now. 

The Google Sign in now works properly.

So if you have a Google Account you can now log into the site using your google account. This means all you need to do is click on the google login button and you shouldn't have to insert your password (You may have to for the first time you use the Google sign in)

That'll be you sorted then..........laughing

Just out of curiosity....what does a google account give that cannot be got elsewhere ? You know I'm not up on all this techno jazz.

Oh its just to make it more convenient for who have a google account, logging in and especially when registering, its basically a few clicks and your registered, rather than typing all your shit in and then registering. It used to work before but it stopped for some reason!

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Oh its just to make it more convenient for who have a google account, logging in and especially when registering, its basically a few clicks and your registered, rather than typing all your shit in and then registering. It used to work before but it stopped for some reason!

Yeah, but forgetting the forum......What benefits does a google account give you....that's what I meant.

Ahh right,

Well I need a google account for my chromebook and phone as without them they are useless as everything is synced to the "cloud". With the google account I get google photos so all the photos I take on my phone get uploaded to photos.google.com and I can access them from my phone, or chromebook straight away, I also have google mail (Gmail) and loads of other shite I don't use. Basically its one account for everything. I also use it to login to my Nest cameras and thermostat!! 

I think its something you'd fucking detest haha

6 hours ago, Harold said:

Yeah, but forgetting the forum......What benefits does a google account give you....that's what I meant.

Gmail, control of your android devices (mobile phones, tablets, etc), and synchronising your stuff across them. 👨‍🔧