• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What criteria determine when a thread has run its course?

17 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

And why lock it when it does?

Surely more merciful to let it fade away.      ?

I would agree......

I posted about The Brexit scaremongering yesterday in the new Brexit trade deal thread, as previously more apt thread was closed......

Also, The Caroline Flack one was closed, yet more details on this incident could yet come out.

Ok, if there is petty argument going on, that's a reason, but closing it for.....? I dont get.

1 minute ago, Bastion said:

I would agree......

I posted about The Brexit scaremongering yesterday in the new Brexit trade deal thread, as previously more apt thread was closed......

Also, The Caroline Flack one was closed, yet more details on this incident could yet come out.

Ok, if there is petty argument going on, that's a reason, but closing it for.....? I dont get.

I agree about the Caroline Flack one.

What came out yesterday was relevant and would have given more insight on how low this lady felt before she took her own life. 

47 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I would agree......

Well to be fair you said you were fed up reading/hearing about her on here & SP said he found the the thread boring but I didn't lock it specifically for these reasons....simply that the main points had been discussed with numerous viewpoints put forward and since that, all that was shown (that I saw at any rate) on tv was luvvies spouting what they wanted to in honour of her with a bit of whinging thrown in. There was no ulterior motive behind locking it.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Well to be fair you said you were fed up reading/hearing about her on here & SP said he found the the thread boring but I didn't lock it specifically for these reasons....simply that the main points had been discussed with numerous viewpoints put forward and since that, all that was shown (that I saw at any rate) on tv was luvvies spouting what they wanted to in honour of her with a bit of whinging thrown in. There was no ulterior motive behind locking it.

I wasnt suggesting any ulterior motive?? Not sure what you mean?

I am sick of hearing about her, heres the thing though, the press arent and it's a developing story, so I dont see why it cant run its course. 

39 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I wasnt suggesting any ulterior motive??

I know you didn't....it was just for clarification in case anyone thought there was.

42 minutes ago, Bastion said:

it's a developing story, so I dont see why it cant run its course.

what has developed about it ? perhaps I missed something in last couple of days. I'll unlock it and let members put in their viewpoints on how it has developed & we'll see how it rocks.

2 hours ago, Harold said:

I know you didn't....it was just for clarification in case anyone thought there was.

what has developed about it ? perhaps I missed something in last couple of days. I'll unlock it and let members put in their viewpoints on how it has developed & we'll see how it rocks.

Her family have released her last tweet, which she didnt tweet, if that makes sense..... I dont do twitter, but I assume it was already to post, but she didn't post it.

Which I wouldn't be 100% convinced about......though

In it, she admitted what she done, also said she admitted it on the night, which will be why Police/DPP will have taken it to court, regardless of her boyfriends protests......

She also claimed it was all an accident.  Which again is open to speculation 

4 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Her family have released her last tweet, which she didnt tweet, if that makes sense..... I dont do twitter, but I assume it was already to post, but she didn't post it.

Which I wouldn't be 100% convinced about......though

In it, she admitted what she done, also said she admitted it on the night, which will be why Police/DPP will have taken it to court, regardless of her boyfriends protests......

She also claimed it was all an accident.  Which again is open to speculation 

I just read about that whilst flicking through the paper at breakfast this morning.....I thought/presumed the entire farce had died a death (no pun intended).

PS....of course it was an accident. sleeping men are always smashing their heads into lamps being held by their partners......laughing....but that's just my opinion ye know.

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

I just read about that whilst flicking through the paper at breakfast this morning.....I thought/presumed the entire farce had died a death (no pun intended).

PS....of course it was an accident. sleeping men are always smashing their heads into lamps being held by their partners......laughing....but that's just my opinion ye know.

I'm of exactly the same opinion.....:beer: