Jump to content
boro_boy

The Gardening Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Harold said:

IMG0071A.jpg.ac62f5b40bb9755967c850930c339c1e.jpg

That was from 2016...the two large trees have been lumberjacked.

That looks really nice, lots of little interesting bits scattered around, veggies etc. I really don't like my garden, and can't think of anything i can do, that won't cost a fortune to make it even remotely interesting. It's just like a big piece of grass. I also think the house needs turning around 45 degrees to have any chance. It's just weird and hard to describe. Only way i can think to show the whole scene, is to get a picture of google earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Is that looking towards the canal or away from it? 

away from it mate....at the back of me (where I took the photo) is a wall and between there and the wall is a raised bed in which are berry bushes and behind the fence is a large gardened area which the wife tends before hitting the towpath and canal. To the left of the photo is another double raised bed and what you cannot see is the humungous hedge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, superally said:

@Harold, here ya go fella, how am i supposed to make this into anything interesting? You also see what i mean about the house needing turning around by 45 degrees. The house and the garage need swapping around me thinks.

house new..jpg

The answer to your question....honestly I don't know mate......I just do what the missus tells me tbh. Is everything in the image all your ground ? Do you have a goat or two......because that grass area would be a cunt for a lawnmore mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harold said:

The answer to your question....honestly I don't know mate......I just do what the missus tells me tbh. Is everything in the image all your ground ? Do you have a goat or two......because that grass area would be a cunt for a lawnmore mate.

That must be an old pic mate. I had the house nearly 2 years, and can never remember a red car on the drive. also the rough land to the left, is now a building site, bought it far a song, as it is useless to the farmer who owned it. My 3 kids, and Granddaughters house s are in the process of being built on it. No brainer for them financially, after selling their houses, ( all 3 kids in rented just now), the profit they have made, plus a relatively small loan compared to a mortgage, has enabled them to build the kind of house they would probably struggle to afford. It really was a no brainer, literally getting 4 new houses built, for the price of just one in Sutton Coldfield. It also helps safeguard their futures. I now know wwhy firms like Redrow make so much money, tho seeing the cost of their identical houses in different areas being as much as 60% should have been a clue. Surely the building costs are the same regardless?.

Back to the garden, do you see what i mean about the house needing turning 45 degrees? There literally is no front or back garden, it's all at the side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, superally said:

@Harold, here ya go fella, how am i supposed to make this into anything interesting? You also see what i mean about the house needing turning around by 45 degrees. The house and the garage need swapping around me thinks.

house new..jpg

Nice big garden though. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Nice big garden though. 👍

Maybe, tho it's dull as feck. Harold's is far more interesting and a nicer place to be sitting having a beer in the sunshine.

It has features and other stuff, rather than just grass at the side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, superally said:

Maybe, tho it's dull as feck. Harold's is far more interesting and a nicer place to be sitting having a beer in the sunshine.

It has features and other stuff, rather than just grass at the side.

Yeah but over time you can add stuff, haven't you just moved to this new house?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah but over time you can add stuff, haven't you just moved to this new house?

18 months ago fella. Had a few of those landscape gardeners take a look, they have either given me a quote for stupid amounts of money, or literally said try asking Jesus for help. Turn the house 45 degrees sorted, tho i doubt even Jesus could do that. Even worse the churches are all closed now, so i can't even go and ask him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, superally said:

18 months ago fella. Had a few of those landscape gardeners take a look, they have either given me a quote for stupid amounts of money, or literally said try asking Jesus for help. Turn the house 45 degrees sorted, tho i doubt even Jesus could do that. Even worse the churches are all closed now, so i can't even go and ask him.

hahahahahahaaha you fuckig dick!!! :lolpan:

When you retire you can spend your remaining days in your garden ha!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got some turf to cut out today so as to expand and tidy up a border at the back of the garden. This is one of the areas that will be dressed with some of the new chuckies we got. Couple of cans of DC already in the fridge for later....lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Is that for a path or to put about plants?

I've also cut the grass today!!

It's for edging between the grass and boundary fence where the chuckies have become sparse, a new edged area that I started today that hopefully I finish tomorrow and any other chuckied areas that need some. Absolute booshed today after being out in that heat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After working my arse off, then showered and sitting relaxing having a few spicey capns, a neighbour appears at the back door looking for my missus (She was at another neighbour's gaff) saying...'that's the boy arrived with the extra bags of compost'. Don't think my reply of 'Aw for fucks sake' was appreciated....In my defence I must add that I had no knowledge that the stuff was getting delivered today. Anyways, the delivery guy was a young lad and he brought the stuff round the back....Thank Fuck!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Harold said:

After working my arse off, then showered and sitting relaxing having a few spicey capns, a neighbour appears at the back door looking for my missus (She was at another neighbour's gaff) saying...'that's the boy arrived with the extra bags of compost'. Don't think my reply of 'Aw for fucks sake' was appreciated....In my defence I must add that I had no knowledge that the stuff was getting delivered today. Anyways, the delivery guy was a young lad and he brought the stuff round the back....Thank Fuck!!!!

Should have given him beer :beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Should have given him beer :beer:

Don't have any beer in the house mate....haven't had for a good few years. Plus I wouldn't want to encourage the lad to possibly drink/drive.....#responsibleharold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Harold said:

Don't have any beer in the house mate....haven't had for a good few years. Plus I wouldn't want to encourage the lad to possibly drink/drive.....#responsibleharold

hahah yeah fair one, probably would't be the best move!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harold said:

After working my arse off, then showered and sitting relaxing having a few spicey capns, a neighbour appears at the back door looking for my missus (She was at another neighbour's gaff) saying...'that's the boy arrived with the extra bags of compost'. Don't think my reply of 'Aw for fucks sake' was appreciated....In my defence I must add that I had no knowledge that the stuff was getting delivered today. Anyways, the delivery guy was a young lad and he brought the stuff round the back....Thank Fuck!!!!

That was nice of him.

Did you give him a back hander? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    4,688
    Total Topics
    63,019
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    410
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    DoctorOmar
    Newest Member
    DoctorOmar
    Joined
  • New users  0 New users online in the last 24 hours

    No new users

×
×
  • Create New...