Pancake day.

superally

• Administrator
5 hours ago, The Realist said:

Never realised it just kinda creped up on me. 
will you be having any later?

Not having any. 

If I was to have some i just like having golden syrup inside them, that's it, job done!

45 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

If I was to have some i just like having golden syrup inside them, that's it, job done!

should try them slabbered with Lurpak mate....really hits the spot. Neighbour across the road makes pancakes and they're absolutely delicious....she hands some in occasionally.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Harold said:

should try them slabbered with Lurpak mate....really hits the spot. Neighbour across the road makes pancakes and they're absolutely delicious....she hands some in occasionally.

I don't buy Lurpak, I get ButterPak from Tesco and the light version haha ? just tastes the same, but that does sound nice, i'm sure I've had butter with Pancakes from McDonald's!!!

3 hours ago, Makdee said:

3F89A73B-4454-401D-BF92-B28C057894DE.thumb.jpeg.59daffc0b30aa40afd6f93e798577976.jpeg4F8DA9F2-119A-4D2D-9640-209FBEC10C74.thumb.jpeg.ba752ea017a732c362f89295cb6ff8cb.jpegScottish pancakes on top English on the bottom 

Totally different from one another. I like both.

3 hours ago, Harold said:

A slice of lemon ?....get the fuck outta here......laughing

Yeah it's to squeeze the juice over the pancake, very nice, don't knock it until you've tried it.

I guess the Scots ones explain why people in the Gaza strip have a better life expectancy than parts of Scotland. Just saying.

5 minutes ago, superally said:

Totally different from one another. I like both.

Yeah it's to squeeze the juice over the pancake, very nice, don't knock it until you've tried it.

I guess the Scots ones explain why people in the Gaza strip have a better life expectancy than parts of Scotland. Just saying.

Where did I say I didn’t like the English version I merely pointed out the difference. And what are you on about re the Scottish ones 

2 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Where did I say I didn’t like the English version I merely pointed out the difference. And what are you on about re the Scottish ones 

Calm the feck down fella FFS.

Wasn't aware that i even slightly inferred to you not liking the English ones.

As for the Scots ones- Harold referring to a slice of lemon yeah? (feel free to read above posts). Thus i'm referring to a slice of lemon being healthier than smothering them in butter.

6 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Perfectly calm mate tend not to get worked up about strangers on a forum. Yeah really healthy with the slice of lemon over the sugar you can clearly see ??

I don't do the sugar fella, just the lemon. Tho i think whilst both are pancakes in their own right, both are also different, The English  pancake, is more of an after main course thing, (probably most people only have then once a year anyhow), the Scots ones are more versatile, and can be had with or alongside many a different meal,Mrs SA has them sometimes for breakfast with jam on. What defines the difference between an English and Scottish pancake anyhow? I never knew there was an English/Scottish variance until i read a few posts in this thread. I just thought there was different types of pancakes.

Pancakes becoming tribal ffs. Sturgeon would love this.

3 hours ago, Makdee said:

The only difference is the English one is thinner but a lot larger and the Scottish one is small and about a quarter inch thick 

The Scottish ones are actually Drop Scones.

But both types are delicious, especially with maple syrup and cream.