Tired of Leap Day? Wish Christmas was always on a Monday? Get on board with the permanent calendar

boro_boy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 01/03/2020 at 08:34, Harold said:

Fucking attention seekers who cannot achieve a hard on....get to fuck!!!!!!

That's rather harsh.
I often speculate on how our eccentric modern calendar could be improved, I do like people to pay attention to me, and I do have difficulty achieving an erection, but that's an age thing, so it doesn't bother me.
A more even distribution of days in the months would certainly be a plus in my view, but I would not be keen on a date being on the same day of the week in every month and every year.
That's due to the tradition in the old farts club in my local of having to buy the other old farts a round on one's birthday.
The old farts meet on a Wednesday and in the proposed calendar the 17th. (my birthday) would fall on a Wednesday every year.
So that's a no from me.
Ā 

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

That's rather harsh.
I often speculate on how our eccentric modern calendar could be improved, I do like people to pay attention to me, and I do have difficulty achieving an erection, but that's an age thing, so it doesn't bother me.
A more even distribution of days in the months would certainly be a plus in my view, but I would not be keen on a date being on the same day of the week in every month and every year.
That's due to the tradition in the old farts club in my local of having to buy the other old farts a round on one's birthday.
The old farts meet on a Wednesday and in the proposed calendar the 17th. (my birthday) would fall on a Wednesday every year.
So that's a no from me.
Ā 

I can't see the calendar ever changing, we useĀ TheĀ GregorianĀ Calendar which is the most widely used calendar in the world today. It is the calendar used in the international standard for Representation of dates and times: ISO 8601:2004. Just looking at all the other different calendars in the world, there are a fair few of them!!!

Good link here about countries who don't use The Gregorian Calendar and where the year isn't 2020:

Countries where the Year isnā€™t 2020