• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

With the EFL Suspended what happens if....

boro_boy

• Administrator

... Its suspended for 1-5 months? Will the season finish out in say October/November and then maybe not start again until August?

If it gets delayed for such a long period I seriously think this season should be binned off. I'm not just saying this because Middlesbrough are doing wank at the moment. But it will just have a massive effect onto the next season. There are a lot of things to think about like players who go out of contract when the season ends, what happens with them? Do they stay on until the season restarts or until the season is voided?

Start the new EFL season in September and the new Prem season in October

No league cup next season

No European matches until after February next season (if at all)

Then you have to factor in the 2022 world cup. The football calendars for the 20-21 season had been re-adjusted to start earlier to accommodate an even earlier start to the 21-22 calendar to accommodate the winter world cup.

I'd be surprised if the Euros or the Olympics take place.

The tone in Italy regarding the fixtures has changed in two weeks from "there's no room in the calendar for postponements" to "we should cancel the league".

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I have read that Leeds and WBA will go up and no relegation from the Premier League this season. They will just have 22 teams next season with five going down at the end. 

Lots of people posting bullshit stories just now. I think the season has to be completed no matter how late, far too much money involved for it not to be. Skysports are already struggling.

skysports.jpg