Sign in to follow this  
boro_boy

Championship players' wages 'could be capped at £6,000 a week due to concerns over Must be impact'

I feel for them, only having £6,000 a week, poor bastards!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8136297/Championship-players-wages-capped-6-000-week-concerns-coronavirus-impact.html

That should be the maximum they are allowed to earn in a month!!!!

That would make tickets cheaper 🙂 

Birmingham City have emerged as the first Championship club to ask their players to take wage deferrals, in a bid to protect their short-term future.

Players earning over £6,000 a week at Birmingham have been told to take a 50% deduction in salary for the next four months, in correspondence sent to agents which has been seen by Telegraph Sport.

Birmingham's board have asked players to accept a cut of half their monthly wages until June this year, with the salaries to be paid back in four instalments when the football season resumes.

We may be the first, tho we certainly wont be the last.

Personally i think, if a player cannot agree to this in the situation our country finds itself in, they can feck off anyhow.

They need to realize just now that footballers are worthless, when compared to our shop workers, who are working hard to keep us supplied with food, without which we will all die,often facing abuse both physical and verbal, because some selfish cunts cant buy 15 packets of toilet roll.

47 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I doubt there are many on over £6000 a week at Blues.

Stockdale can buy a few less pies for a bit. 

There are few if any earning under that. 

The average weekly wage in the Championship is £11000, take that cut FFS

The average weekly salary per league is reportedly: source 2019

EPL £51000

Championship £11000

League One £2300

League Two £1100

This pandemic could be a catalyst for a major change in the astronomical wages Football players and other sports stars are paid. I think it’s fair to say that Sky  brought the big money into football when they were part of the rebranding of the old divisions into the  premiership etc. 
So , is a lockdown of sport for at least 3 months at a crucial time of the season and with players losing their sharpness and motivation  , will the public’s interest wane ? Sky could lose a lot of money with nothing to show only Gary Neville digging up long forgotten matches from the archives. Soon get fed up with that  

35 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I hate it when sky put on old footie games and then discuss then, so boring. 

You hate most things to be honest. watch some proper comedy fella, laughter is all we have right now.( or depression and panic). Take the laughter way.

49 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I hate it when sky put on old footie games and then discuss then, so boring. 

I know. It is shit. What is the point?

I want my Mrs to cancel all the sports channels. She pays that bill. I bet the mutha humpers don't offer a refund. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I think you have that wrong. 

That barrier was broke, when Garry Rowett renewed Andy Shinnies contract. I think you may be a bit behind the times, in the goings on at Blues fella.

2 minutes ago, superally said:

That barrier was broke, when Garry Rowett renewed Andy Shinnies contract. I think you may be a bit behind the times, in the goings on at Blues fella.

Oh no, no, no. My finger is firmly on the pulse

Stockdale, Dean, Gardner, Roberts probably over 6 grand a week. 

20 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Oh no, no, no. My finger is firmly on the pulse

Stockdale, Dean, Gardner, Roberts probably over 6 grand a week. 

Ok fella, I wont mention Jota on £45k, or Stockdales £40k, as they are probably just over the £6k, I could go on and on, but hey ho. your finger is firmly on the pulse.

15 minutes ago, superally said:

Ok fella, I wont mention Jota on £45k, or Stockdales £40k, as they are probably just over the £6k, I could go on and on, but hey ho. your finger is firmly on the pulse.

Ok fella....Jota plays for the Villa.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

46 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Ok fella....Jota plays for the Villa.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know that you feckin idiot, tho he was signed on a £45k a week deal at Blues, Stockdale doesn't play for anybody btw., he's just contracted. GG £35k, Harley dean, £25k. all just over your £6k, i could go on, but you really ain't worth it. I have seen them all play btw, you aint.

On 24/03/2020 at 20:32, sployal said:

The average weekly wage in the Championship is £11000, take that cut FFS

The average weekly salary per league is reportedly: source 2019

EPL £51000

Championship £11000

League One £2300

League Two £1100

bluespay.jpg

On 24/03/2020 at 23:34, superally said:

I know that you feckin idiot, tho he was signed on a £45k a week deal at Blues, Stockdale doesn't play for anybody btw., he's just contracted. GG £35k, Harley dean, £25k. all just over your £6k, i could go on, but you really ain't worth it. I have seen them all play btw, you aint.

So, if I am a feckin idiot as you say what does Jota have to do with the Blues if he plays for another team?

And whether you have seen any of them play is immaterial to what they earn and this discussion.

Your logic is flawed. 

TBH, regardless of Covid19 or any other circumstance, all professional footballers wages/salaries/benefits/etc/etc should be capped.
They all earn obscene amounts of money for doing next to fuck all.