Sign in to follow this  
superally

Back in the Day- Drinks.

Skol and Castlemaine, were served in Ansells pubs, M&B had Carling, Hofmeister was in both. I went for Breaker when available. Pernod and black being the short of choice in that era. The old men had brown & mild. The girls Cherry B, or Brandy & Babycham,as was the trend. When in Scotland, it was Tennent's, always had a nice pic of a girl on the back of the can too. Never took too the alchopop type drinks myself.

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Used to drink Hooch on that list and i've tried the Breezer.

I used to drink these:

master.VKRecuerdos #XmasTime #SmirnoffICE

Alchopops we used to drink XX ways we used to get drunk in the 90s

Alchopops we used to drink XX ways we used to get drunk in the 90sAlchopops we used to drink XX ways we used to get drunk in the 90sAlchopops we used to drink XX ways we used to get drunk in the 90sLambrini

What about the Strongbow fella?

Lambrini what a feckin proper council house/chavy drink that is. English equivalent of Buckfast.

21 minutes ago, superally said:

What about the Strongbow fella?

Lambrini what a feckin proper council house/chavy drink that is. English equivalent of Buckfast.

I only ever had Lambrini when I was dating this big titted 18 year old, met her in KwikSave, she worked behind the butcher counter.  Binned her when she started sniffing aerosols haha. 

Yeah I used to drink Strongbow too, I didn't like the taste of Lager, I still don't but I can drink it. I only drink it to get drunk, I couldn't drink any of the drinks above if they tasted how they do and where alcohol free. Well I could but it would be pointless!!

Pernod & blackcurrant was partaken in a hotel bar before me and my mates went to a local disco in a school when we were about 16. Used to drink skol also....fucking pish it was......liked Hoopers hooch when it arrived here.

Anyone indulge in pints of 'snakebite' ? Lager and cider.....that was a road to ruin of a Saturday night.

13 minutes ago, Harold said:

Pernod & blackcurrant was partaken in a hotel bar before me and my mates went to a local disco in a school when we were about 16. Used to drink skol also....fucking pish it was......liked Hoopers hooch when it arrived here.

Anyone indulge in pints of 'snakebite' ? Lager and cider.....that was a road to ruin of a Saturday night.

I didn't really like snakebite but my mates used to drink it and they got fucked haha. 

Don't know why as it was only Cider and Lager!

26 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I didn't really like snakebite but my mates used to drink it and they got fucked haha. 

When we were 17-18 me and my pals used to go to Blackpool for the 'Fair' weekend. Spent Friday evening in the pub then got the midnight train direct to Blackpool arriving there about 6 in the morning....went to out boarding house, spent a few hours there then in this particular bar for 11am and it was on the snakebites....utterly pished then went back for a few hours kip then back to the bar for more mayhem....Sunday was more of the same then Monday morning in the pub till it was time to get the train home. The folly of youth but it was great at the time. 

46 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Black Velvet is very nice.

1 hour ago, sployal said:

The very best for young Scotsmen

image.jpeg.a5740e9fa0e57397a73d652246dbe3c8.jpeg

a fucking jakey's tipple mate (when they could afford it otherwise it was the turps).......laughter emoticon

Never touched the stuff tbh....I was refined.

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

a fucking jakey's tipple mate (when they could afford it otherwise it was the turps).......laughter emoticon

Never touched the stuff tbh....I was refined.

Used to love a bottle of 'Four Crown' in my teenage days :beer:

Image result for Lanliq wine

13 minutes ago, sployal said:

Used to love a bottle of 'Four Crown' in my teenage days :beer:

Image result for Lanliq wine

Mind when I was 16 I went on a school trip to Rimini....there was a crowd of us allowed to stay in the lounge bar in the afternoon after it closed so we could play records. Unfortunately they didn't lock the bar up and several bottles of whatever was lying about in the bar .....ahem, disappeared. Fucking cleaner found some of them in the room me and 3 others were sharing....we were grounded.....laughter emoticon

16 minutes ago, Harold said:

Mind when I was 16 I went on a school trip to Rimini....there was a crowd of us allowed to stay in the lounge bar in the afternoon after it closed so we could play records. Unfortunately they didn't lock the bar up and several bottles of whatever was lying about in the bar .....ahem, disappeared. Fucking cleaner found some of them in the room me and 3 others were sharing....we were grounded.....laughter emoticon

Memories dug, memories i bet you would take them memories back in a minute :beer: 

6 hours ago, superally said:

A photo showing what the main drinks on offer were, in a well known Birmingham boozer mid 80's.

80s bar.jpg

Whoever took that needs a new camera.        😎