Sign in to follow this  
DOC

Accents

Apparently Ozzie Osbourne’s accent was used by actors starring in Peaky Blinders to perfect the Brummie tones. They don’t sound right to me although I am no expert. Cillian Murphy’s attempt didn’t sound right Paul Anderson sounds very forced. I thought Sam Neill did a good Belfast accent , maybe Norm or Bastion mightn’t agree .? 

5 minutes ago, DOC said:

Apparently Ozzie Osbourne’s accent was used by actors starring in Peaky Blinders to perfect the Brummie tones. They don’t sound right to me although I am no expert. Cillian Murphy’s attempt didn’t sound right Paul Anderson sounds very forced. I thought Sam Neill did a good Belfast accent , maybe Norm or Bastion mightn’t agree .? 

First series the accents/dialects were awful, tho they have improved a lot series by series.

5 minutes ago, DOC said:

I really haven't heard a true brummie accent tbh so I couldn't say how accurate the accents portrayed were or not. Sam Neil certainly to what I have heard was near the mark with his Norn Irn accent but in the last series (NOT SEASION!!!!!!!) yon guy who was the leader of the 'Billy Boys'....well that accent, far from being a Scottish accent and in particular a Glasgow accent, was actually fucking atrocious.....about as bad as Mel Gibson in Bravefart!

1 minute ago, Harold said:

I really haven't heard a true brummie accent tbh so I couldn't say how accurate the accents portrayed were or not. Sam Neil certainly to what I have heard was near the mark with his Norn Irn accent but in the last series (NOT SEASION!!!!!!!) yon guy who was the leader of the 'Billy Boys'....well that accent, far from being a Scottish accent and in particular a Glasgow accent, was actually fucking atrocious.....about as bad as Mel Gibson in Bravefart!

To be fair, you don't sound like you come from Falkirk reading your post.

11 minutes ago, DOC said:

I'll be honest,  I thought Sam Neill was from Belfast (NI)

On a side note, did you ever hear the Irish accents on 'Sons of Anarchy '

Fucking Brutal.

3 minutes ago, superally said:

To be fair, you don't sound like you come from Falkirk reading your post.

I'm a bit confused by that....not sure if it's serious or a piss take tbh....laughter emoticon

13 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I'll be honest,  I thought Sam Neill was from Belfast (NI)

On a side note, did you ever hear the Irish accents on 'Sons of Anarchy '

Fucking Brutal.

Oh yes. What a blast that was! 

Just now, Mr Magnificent said:

Oh yes. What a blast that was! 

They actually filmed it here, I recognized roads they were on, one of them is about 3 miles away from me......

Why not hire local actors fs..... apart from that, the whole Irish part was hard to watch anyway......

But, to go back to the original post, The Brummy accents on PB's, sounded ok to my uncultered ears, no doubt you and Yhe Realist hear differently

Just now, Mr Magnificent said:

I do a good Brummie accent to be fair.

SOA in Ireland was a disaster, but otherwise it was a fine show.

Agree...... 

1 hour ago, Harold said:

I'm a bit confused by that....not sure if it's serious or a piss take tbh....laughter emoticon

Seriously H, don't take me seriously, especially in the current situation our nation is in.

I may post some random shite i know, tho i just want an escape from all the current doom  gloom, and hopefully raise a smile or grin in somebody along the way.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I do a good Brummie accent to be fair.

SOA in Ireland was a disaster, but otherwise it was a fine show

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

None of the Blinders sound authentic and yes I would agree about Sam Neil. 

Are they atrocious or just not great ? Any time I watched it I had to put on the sub titles. Cillian Murphy was the worse. 

1 hour ago, Harold said:

2 hours ago, superally said:

First series the accents/dialects were awful, tho they have improved a lot series by series.

The Brummie accent is horrible, just all sound thick.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

The Brummie accent is horrible, just all sound thick.

Thick-as opposed to the north eastern retard sounding dialect yeah?

Bear in mind, i am still mentally scarred from being in a bar in Vilamoura marina a few years ago (19th hole?) with a scotsman and a Geordie, and my good self, tho we drank a few beers and had a good time, neither one of us had a  feckin clue what the other was saying.

Edited by superally