Harold

How is this serious situation affecting you ?

To those who work, are you still attending...is your employment deemed essential ? How are people coping with the restrictions....are you getting out for a form of excercise, shopping ? What have youse been up to ? Share only if you want to.....I'm not being nosey, just curious.

Me and the wife haven't been out basically since last Friday when we did a food shop (apart from me going early to the garage for papers Sat, Sun, Mon but I've stopped that for the time being). We have a large back garden so been out in that....she's been weeding and planting plants and I got the grass done on Monday so we're not confined indoors. Think we're going out tomorrow for a food shop to keep us going a week. I was due to go to the bank today for my pension but I'm giving that a miss for the time being as I withdrew a large amount of cash last week to tide us over if need be.

41 minutes ago, Harold said:

To those who work, are you still attending...is your employment deemed essential ? How are people coping with the restrictions....are you getting out for a form of excercise, shopping ? What have youse been up to ? Share only if you want to.....I'm not being nosey, just curious.

Me and the wife haven't been out basically since last Friday when we did a food shop (apart from me going early to the garage for papers Sat, Sun, Mon but I've stopped that for the time being). We have a large back garden so been out in that....she's been weeding and planting plants and I got the grass done on Monday so we're not confined indoors. Think we're going out tomorrow for a food shop to keep us going a week. I was due to go to the bank today for my pension but I'm giving that a miss for the time being as I withdrew a large amount of cash last week to tide us over if need be.

Fortunately we can go for walks and meet nothing except some sheep. So that’s good. We also started getting any shopping delivered  Life is going on what I am missing is spending time with my grandchildren FaceTime etc is all well and good but you can’t cuddle a phone. We had 11 confirmed cases in Donegal last night so fairly low numbers so far 

6 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I make sweets so I will leave you guys to decide whether that is essential???

Tbh Mags, I know it is a form of food but imo not essential.....having said that there is something in the back of my mind about some people (is it diabetics) sometimes have to eat choccy/sugar if they have an attack ? 

11 minutes ago, Harold said:

Tbh Mags, I know it is a form of food but imo not essential.....having said that there is something in the back of my mind about some people (is it diabetics) sometimes have to eat choccy/sugar if they have an attack ? 

A digestive biscuit is better if a diabetic goes really low. Also a lot of diabetics carry glucose tablets or drinks with them. Also a drink of coke or similar can do the trick. My wife is diabetic type 1 

12 minutes ago, Makdee said:

A digestive biscuit is better if a diabetic goes really low. Also a lot of diabetics carry glucose tablets or drinks with them. Also a drink of coke or similar can do the trick. My wife is diabetic type 1 

Cheers Mak.....just came to me that a mate I used to go to games with was diabetic and iirc he always carried a mars bar with him.....just in case the Blackheart rum didn't help lol

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

Cheers Mak.....just came to me that a mate I used to go to games with was diabetic and iirc he always carried a mars bar with him.....just in case the Blackheart rum didn't help lol

Yeah at one time mars bars etc seemed to be the go to but it’s all changed. It’s the same as this diabetic chocolate that’s out. Most diabetic consultants will say take a bit of ordinary chocolate instead of the so-called diabetic one. 

On 25/03/2020 at 09:47, Harold said:

Tbh Mags, I know it is a form of food but imo not essential...

Not sure the stranger species (Woman) would see it that way. After a nice hot bath (like lava), they sit down put their feet up with a G&T Prosecco or whatever they drink, whilst watching strange programmes on Netflix, them not having that bar of Dairy Milk, could have dire consequences for us males. They are moody feckers who love their chocolate.

4 hours ago, superally said:

Not sure the stranger species (Woman) would see it that way. After a nice hot bath (like lava), they sit down put their feet up with a G&T Prosecco or whatever they drink, whilst watching strange programmes on Netflix, them not having that bar of Dairy Milk, could have dire consequences for us males. They are moody feckers who love their chocolate.

Yep, the fairer sex love comfort food. It's their go to solution for all kinds of depressive events,
Chocolate (by the pound), ice cream (by the pint), Proseco or Sauv Blanc (by the gallon).
Just don't get in the way or you could be seriously injured.

6 hours ago, superally said:

They are moody feckers who love their chocolate.

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

Yep, the fairer sex love comfort food.

Tbh, my missus prefers to nibble at Kettle balsamic vinegar crisps if she is having a glass of vino. Me ? If I'm having a spicey capn I prefer more spicey capn.

Queues outside Tescos were building up yesterday when we went about 9.40am but they seemed to move fairly quickly. They have hand sanitiser for customer use inside the covered foyer....problem is that people who haven't brought wipes or gloves themselves are having to pick up a trolley before actually getting to the sanitiser.

Our bin collections have been seriously disrupted.

Food waste still being done weekly.

Blue bin for plastics, tins (emptied every 4 weeks) has been suspended.

Burgundy bin for paper, cardboard (emptied every 4 weeks) which was due to be emptied yesterday (ours is chocca) is suspended.

Brown bin for garden waste (emptied every 4 weeks) is suspended.

Black box for bottles glass jars  (emptied every 2 weeks) is suspended.

Green bin for general waste (emptied every 4 weeks) is still ongoing. However with this one I have to go to our tip to dump two bags of general waste every month because our bin would be overflowing and not get emptied. But...........the tip has now been closed for the foreseeable future. The council has however said that they will permit TWO extra bags along with your green bin to be put out for emptying (which for us is over two weeks away).

1 hour ago, superally said:

Subscribed to the Disney channel today, watched 3 films already. feeling happy enough just now. Disney only do happy endings. George of the jungle next, after a bath.

Fuck Disney plus. Waste of money. Don't sky still have sky Disney. 

I'm now at home on a 48hrs notice to do whatever the government want me to do. 

In the past 2 weeks we've been to Tescos 3 times (once for a couple of neighbours) bought what we needed but we also went to a good butchers and the wife bought a pile of stuff there....basically we have enough varied grub to last roughly a month in the fridge and freezers so there's plenty stuff for home made meals. I've noticed & been surprised over the past week on a wee local forum I use the large number of folk wanting takeaways (there are still a few open locally which are doing a delivery service only). Anyway that aside, what I really have to laugh at is the moans and groans about the length of time to get through on the phone, the length of time for delivery which is on average 2-3 hours and their surprise that it can be cold by the time they receive their order....wtf do they expect ? Personally I'm glad we are just sticking to home made or even a ready meal we bought.

I am starting a mask business

We factory have trusted contacts (mostly US ex-pats) that operate in China and get us products regularly. We recently discovered that we can get KN95 masks made from a 
few different factories in China.
If you know anyone / any business that has a need, let me know, I can get them in 

I can also get surgical masks and face shields.

H851bd48a5eb345ccab924feb95b108cex.jpg

42 minutes ago, manba said:

We factory have trusted contacts (mostly US ex-pats) that operate in China and get us products regularly. We recently discovered that we can get KN95 masks made from a 
If you know anyone / any business that has a need, let me know, I can get them in 

I don't think we need a mask to tune into this forum mate. 

1 hour ago, manba said:

Do you also sell Spam

9801BEA9-3FB3-4603-9D0F-5166B8FD2794.png

Edited by superally

I am going out of my mind with boredom.

I am supposed to start back at work on April 7th. I don't mind to be honest.

Also, have emailed a local NHS trust about returning as a volunteer. Hopefully they can use my knowledge and skills somewhere as that is where most of my working life has been spent so far. 

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I am going out of my mind with boredom.

Same here, 2 Sunday lunchtimes in a row without going to the pub. First time in my whole adult life. I’m toying with the idea of washing the car, that’s how bad it is. All car washes around here are closed.