Harold

Applause for our Carers!

Hope youse are considering doing the minutes applause/cheering for the NHS and all carers & every other bugger who is putting their lives on the line for all of our safety. Get out on your doorstep and do it guys....these are the people we rely on if we unfortunately get struck down with this disease. Christ if I can stay up and do it any cunt can.......laughter emoticon

If you love them and you know it clap your hands

If you love them and you know it

and you really wanna show it

If you love them and you know it.........

Image result for applause gifs

The wife with her whistle and clapping....me with my applause and singing 'Stand up for the NHS' and a couple of neighbours were out and did the deed....God bless these people who put themselves on the front line for us......Stay safe!

10 minutes ago, Harold said:

If you love them and you know it

and you really wanna show it

If you love them and you know it.........

Image result for applause gifs

Fucks sake, is that not creepy Joe and trans Michelle?

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Hope youse are considering doing the minutes applause/cheering for the NHS and all carers & every other bugger who is putting their lives on the line for all of our safety. Get out on your doorstep and do it guys....these are the people we rely on if we unfortunately get struck down with this disease. Christ if I can stay up and do it any cunt can.......laughter emoticon

Couldn’t I’m afraid, stuck in a warehouse in the middle of nowhere in meeting with some seriously incompetent people. Had a few messages about it tho, it got a good response some fireworks too from what I’m told.

43 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I felt embarrassed watching this on the TV. Fucking cringe worthy. Yeah they are doing a amazing job but I'm not going to clasp on my doorstep like a duck.

Yeah, I wouldn't take part either, tho I can fully understand those that did, with such a cloud hanging over us, it's like a moment of relief, even joy to some I see no harm in it at all.

I was queueing to get in Morrisons Monday morning and started singing quietly that old wartime song, We''ll meet again, the security guy instantly joined in and it spread right down what was quite a lengthy queue which was nice, tho as soon as it got to the line some sunny day, I was fecked as I don't know anymore of the words. The security guy then took over as cheerleader and had the whole queue singing, song after song.

I could have happily queued a while longer as he created a really good atmosphere in what is a gloomy time, and shopping for food just now is mostly a horrible experience, he made it a joy. Tho i did play my part at the start, It's a nice feeling.

stockpilers..jpg

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

I felt embarrassed watching this on the TV. Fucking cringe worthy. Yeah they are doing a amazing job but I'm not going to clasp on my doorstep like a duck.

Why? Is there something wrong with showing appreciation to people putting their lives on the line to save others? 

27 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Why? Is there something wrong with showing appreciation to people putting their lives on the line to save others? 

The original post/message from whoever started the applause thing on social media at 8pm.

Today in the UK (Thursday) at 8pm can you all either stand on doorsteps or open a window and clap and cheer as loudly as you can for all the frontline workers - NHS staff, carers, food suppliers and medicine delivery drivers, shop workers and anyone else on the frontline, risking their own lives to makes yours better. Let's try and get this around. #stayathome #staysafe

I am included in that category @Mr Magnificent, I hope you as many others around the country have done cheered me and other frontline people very loudly. Go on admit it, you stood on your doorstep waving a sparkler around just for me.😀

12 minutes ago, superally said:

The original post/message from whoever started the applause thing on social media at 8pm.

Today in the UK (Thursday) at 8pm can you all either stand on doorsteps or open a window and clap and cheer as loudly as you can for all the frontline workers - NHS staff, carers, food suppliers and medicine delivery drivers, shop workers and anyone else on the frontline, risking their own lives to makes yours better. Let's try and get this around. #stayathome #staysafe

I am included in that category @Mr Magnificent, I hope you as many others around the country have done cheered me and other frontline people very loudly. Go on admit it, you stood on your doorstep waving a sparkler around just for me.😀

Yes, I salute you for checking out people in Poundland with a 9 pack of bog roll. You are a true hero! 

Just now, Mr Magnificent said:

Yes, I salute you for checking out people in Poundland with a 9 pack of bog roll. You are a true hero! 

I hope you also take into consideration the fact that from my position behind my till/checkout at poundland- I was able to enable a bakery which was going to have to stop making bread due to a lack of trays to continue production, thus ensuring that over 180 supermarkets that would have been without bread tomorrow will now be able to provide bread for the customers.

Feck me fella, the people I am working alongside just now are so massively incompetent they could make you look good.( maybe that's pushing it a bit i know but seriously).

Several lorries deliver bread to the DC, bread then delivered to stores, (all in trays), which come back empty to DC on lorry making next delivery to store thus bringing back empty trays pallets, shippers etc,etc.

I swear to god now, today in a meeting the bread trays became a critical point. I arranged 7 artics to collect them, and take them back to the bakery. The big boss, some snotty millennial with a degree on probably £200k a year, said to me that's an expensive operation, cost around £9k. I said to him, well if you insist on not loading the unloaded empty delivery trailer which is going back to the bakery with empty trays, it is gonna be an ongoing cost. It confused him. That was the point i went outside for a smoke.

10 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Just absolutely cringe worthy, the NHS are doing an amazing job at the moment. But clapping at your doorstep at nothing is weird and I won't be doing it. 

The navy have had a few ships doing it too, it's just cringe. 

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Just absolutely cringe worthy, the NHS are doing an amazing job at the moment. But clapping at your doorstep at nothing is weird and I won't be doing it. 

The navy have had a few ships doing it too, it's just cringe. 

Then "cringe" for these brave people.

It really isn't too much to ask. 

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Then "cringe" for these brave people.

It really isn't too much to ask. 

It actually is,

Because some folk, for their own reasons feel it is a great to show their personal appreciation in public, in front of their neighbours, it should not for forced on others to think likewise...... 

I think it's a cringe fest also, even told a mate who works for them my feelings on it  he said..... Cunt!...... its water of a ducks back....... as I never gave a fuck about the opinion of a sheep, or a self absorbed,appreciate me mentality! .......

Anyhoo, this cringefest aside.....

NHS have been absolutely Brilliant,  working on difficult conditions often without proper protection,  for that, I salute you!

Even more impressive is the volunteers coming out to help, Brilliant stuff, it makes you proud to know we have folk like this all around the country.

48 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Apparantly there is another clapping sesh tonight.

I won't be participating in this. 

Yes there is....The wife and I will be participating.....We appreciate the actions of 'EVERY' worker that is having to face the public at this time....From cleaners to shop workers....they are worth their weight in gold!

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I think the applause should be for everyone working at this time. 

100% mate..... though it appears the media anyway, are simply going with NHS workers on this.....

Anyhoo, each to there own, if folk feel obliged,  crack on...

I'll raise a Nelson to the wee women in the local Spar.......

47 minutes ago, Harold said:

Yes there is....The wife and I will be participating.....We appreciate the actions of 'EVERY' worker that is having to face the public at this time....From cleaners to shop workers....they are worth their weight in gold!

Surely you'll be in bed?