The Reality Hits Home.

Just received this text message off a mate from Blues.

I've lost my Dad. Less than 18 hours after being admitted to Heartlands Hospital with Coronavirus he sadly died.
As a kid I'd spend my Saturday afternoons outside the Cricketers Arms listening to tales of our near misses like the Fulham Semi Final where all the old men would tell me to go off and support a proper club as Blues would only ever break your heart and never win a single thing, he was always the eternal optimist and he said he'd die a happy man if he could get to see Blues win a major final, I'm so thankful you got to see that, i know it was the greatest day of your life.

When i was 13 he worked for Jaguar Land Rover and got corporate tickets for the Villa, while we were waiting outside he told me to get as much shit on my shoes as I possibly could, I was really confused by this until I got in to the corporate area to see the Villa badge plastered all over the carpet and he just looked at me and smiled.

As another bluenose makes his tired and weary way up to heaven I just want to take this opportunity to say this is real, it's not a game.

STAY SAFE, STAY AT HOME.

11 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I think most people are staying home.

The sensible ones are yeah, there are still a lot of idiot's out there tho, I wonder how they would feel if they passed it on to their Granny, or other family member. I am out and about just now cos I have to be (work related), strangely enough, I have had  emails from 2 companies i am doing a bit of consultancy work for just now, both saying print this e-mail off and carry it with me at all times, they are both ( tho worded slightly different) almost like some sort of unofficial pass saying why you are out. I can't post them because i am on confidentiality agreements with both companies, tho the basic gist is, if stopped by Police as to why i am out is to show them the letter which explains why, stating i am an essential worker blah-blah. What i found amusing in one of them is the last line which says " we are experiencing difficult times, please let this person continue on their way to help feed our nation in difficult times". Not sure who the feck wrote that.

When i am out tho, i do follow all the guidelines, I keep my distance as much as possible, and i don't physically touch anything like a door handle or other surface, thankfully the touch screen vending machines work when wearing gloves.

Didn't intend to but having to go back to Tescos today for stuff for a friend who along with her hubbie are having to self isolate as he had some symptoms....he had to get taken to hospital last night as his vomiting was bad....doc at hospital said it was a sickness bug & not coronavirus but both to stay in the house (as far as I know he didn't get an official test whatever that includes).