Stay Alert | Control The Virus | Save Lives

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

So, can we leave home as much as we like in England?

Yes it seems that way. ? and drive to places for walks ? means I can take my dogs on better walks!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

So can I go fishing all day in England?

Probably, he said sit on benches, sunbathe, so i'll say yeah!! Unlimited times you can leave the house too. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Winston Ingram said:

Baffling. People were struggling to follow the very clear Stay Home message and now he’s weakened the message without reducing the lock down. Very confusing. 

If you can't understand the new messages then your stupid (Not saying this towards you, but in general) you just need common sense. Shame a lot of people don't have any :lolpan:

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

If you can't understand the new messages then your stupid (Not saying this towards you, but in general) you just need common sense. Shame a lot of people don't have any :lolpan:

I absolutely agree mate, that’s my point. The previous message was Stay Home unless buying food, working or exercise once a day near your home and not with anyone outside your house. Yet despite that there was still people meeting for bbqs, meeting up in parks and doing fucking congas. 
Now they’ve changed the message to stay alert and he even had the stupidity to say we can sit in parks etc, so how much are the rules going to be breached now. I don’t get it. 

Guest Red Devil

Totally confused by it all in fairness, I work in construction and have been furloughed as I've mentioned. 

He said people in construction should return to work, fair enough I'm more than ready to jump back into my job but the confusing part is I can't jump into my job without my boss saying come back. 

Will he be forced to bring back staff with work so slow?

We're currently doing about a 10% of the work a week we would usually do, which has meant our directors made the decision to furlough staff to save the business. Boris says go back into work, fair enough but we've just had eight weeks where the business has earned next to nothing, in construction money isn't paid into the bank weekly the cheques generally roll in at the end of a month or whatever the payments terms have been agreed with our clients. We could be looking at least 8 weeks before the company is earning money again. 

Does the government expect companies to be able to finances large numbers of staff in this situation. 

Edited by Red Devil

5 minutes ago, Devil Red said:

Totally confused by it all in fairness, I work in construction and have been furloughed as I've mentioned. 

He said people in construction should return to work, fair enough I'm more than ready to jump back into my job but the confusing part is I can't jump into my job without my boss saying come back. 

Will he be forced to bring back staff with work so slow?

We're currently doing about a 10% of the work a week we would usually do, which has meant our directors made the decision to furlough staff to save the business. Boris says go back into work, fair enough but we've just had eight weeks where the business has earned next to nothing, in construction money isn't paid into the bank weekly the cheques generally roll in at the end of a month or whatever the payments terms have been agreed with our clients. We could be looking at least 8 weeks before the company is earning money again. 

Does the government expect companies to be able to finances large numbers of staff in this situation. 

Devil.....

What do you actually mean, when you say you have been furloughed?

Guest Red Devil
1 minute ago, Bastion said:

Devil.....

What do you actually mean, when you say you have been furloughed?

Furlough is a government scheme to protect businesses during the Covid19 crisis, businesses can place staff into furlough to help the business financially during the crisis as obviously income has been damaged due to the lack of work or site closers in my industry. 

Basically the government cover 80% of any staff members monthly salary whilst the company you work for has the option to pay the extra 20% or not whilst you are asked not to attend work. 

2 minutes ago, Devil Red said:

Furlough is a government scheme to protect businesses during the Covid19 crisis, businesses can place staff into furlough to help the business financially during the crisis as obviously income has been damaged due to the lack of work or site closers in my industry. 

Basically the government cover 80% of any staff members monthly salary whilst the company you work for has the option to pay the extra 20% or not whilst you are asked not to attend work. 

Are you self employed?

Guest Red Devil

Are you self employed?

No, self employed have a different scheme which only kicks in during the next few weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Devil Red said:

No, self employed have a different scheme which only kicks in during the next few weeks. 

Aye, That's what I'm on, can claim from 8am on the 16th.....

I only asked, as most folk in construction are self employed,  so I assume you arent trade and are in the office working......

Tough time for all, we started back last Monday, after being off between 4/5 weeks, hopefully you get sorted.

Guest Red Devil

Aye, That's what I'm on, can claim from 8am on the 16th.....

I only asked, as most folk in construction are self employed,  so I assume you arent trade and are in the office working......

Tough time for all, we started back last Monday, after being off between 4/5 weeks, hopefully you get sorted.

Yes I'm office based, I'm a project manager. 

How much noticed did they give you? 

Are they obliged to give you any sort of notice or can they just say return to work tomorrow?

15 minutes ago, Devil Red said:

Yes I'm office based, I'm a project manager. 

How much noticed did they give you? 

Are they obliged to give you any sort of notice or can they just say return to work tomorrow?

They kept in touch with us the whole way through it, the whole firm is on a group chat, 

Going back is on a voluntary basis, some are still off, I just wanted to get back, as I believe it is as safe an environment as you could expect right now.....

Our firm where even offering guys loans to see them through it, x amount of money would be taken out of their pay over an agreed period to pay it back....

I honestly believe they went above and beyond during the whole thing, which also helped me decide to get back to work and get the firm up and running again....