1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Starts again today but behind closed doors. 

I wonder what it will be like?

Is anyone going to watch any or place any bets on it?

Winston is betting but I presume online. Bookies are still closed so I couldn't even if I wanted. Suppose I'll give one of the games a watch & see what it's like but I'll still be listening to the radio. As for the games......don't you find it so fucking hypocritical that players cannot shake hands but every other form of touching will be permitted as is normal during a game ? Will spitting be banned ? Or will this just be a human form of subuteo ? Tbh I find the whole concept ludicrous!

1 minute ago, Harold said:

Winston is betting but I presume online. Bookies are still closed so I couldn't even if I wanted. Suppose I'll give one of the games a watch & see what it's like but I'll still be listening to the radio. As for the games......don't you find it so fucking hypocritical that players cannot shake hands but every other form of touching will be permitted as is normal during a game ? Will spitting be banned ? Or will this just be a human form of subuteo ? Tbh I find the whole concept ludicrous!

We both know, there will be pushing and shoving, tough tackling etc.....

It's a shambles.

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

from what I've seen of the Dortmund match (bits and bobs)....shite!

It's a brutal watch without fans......

Even Haalands celebration, looked a cringe......

As the banner said, football without fans.....is nothing.

Just now, Bastion said:

It's a brutal watch without fans......

Even Haalands celebration, looked a cringe......

As the banner said, football without fans.....is nothing.

the Dortmund fans like most in that league were always bouncing like fuck....was brilliant to watch....

1 minute ago, MrMacleod said:

Turned the game on for 10 seconds.... This is what it looks like. 

Nobody is going to watch that

Screenshot_20200516-161445.png

One of the clubs (can't mind which one) gave the fans the chance to pay for a photo of themselves to be sent in which would then be turned into a cardboard cut out and placed in a seat in the stadium....apparently at least 10,000 fans took them up on it. Didn't mention the cost.

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

One of the clubs (can't mind which one) gave the fans the chance to pay for a photo of themselves to be sent in which would then be turned into a cardboard cut out and placed in a seat in the stadium....apparently at least 10,000 fans took them up on it. Didn't mention the cost.

WOW, some clubs will go at any length to try earn money. 

Clearly putting money ahead of health. Even starting this is selfish and silly. 

Boring to watch or not they've got to get the fixtures done so it's got to be done. 

To be fair as well you are supposed to be watching the actual match, we've got to just try and block out the fact there are no fans in there. 

Maybe they should play the noise of fans during the commentary so it seems like there is some atmosphere in there. Maybe even play it through the speakers for the players to hear as well. 

I think they should restart the PL. 

Let them six toed fuckers from Arston play their game in hand then play the fixtures until Liverpool are crowned then the teams in the bottom three who will have played the same amount of games should be relegated. 

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I think they should restart the PL. 

Let them six toed fuckers from Arston play their game in hand then play the fixtures until Liverpool are crowned then the teams in the bottom three who will have played the same amount of games should be relegated. 

If they are going to go to that much trouble then they should just let the league be played out. 

What about Sheffield United and Wolves who are both in with a realistic chance of Champions league and in Wolves case the Europa league. 

Liverpool are worthy champions and should be crowned champions as much as it pains me but I don't think it's fair to relegate teams without playing out the fixtures. 

To be honest before all this Coronavirus stuff Liverpool winning the league was a nightmare but now after living through this shite for weeks it's made everyone realise that footy isn't the be all and end all and it's taken the gloss of the 30 year title stuff. 

I'm one of the few reds I know who actually feel it wouldn't be right not to give it them even if it got cancelled. 

The CL slots should be filled by teams in required positions once Liverpool are crowned Chumps.

Playing out the whole season is an unnecessary risk in my opinion. 

Cancel the CL next season too. It is shite anyhow! 

Heard an interesting snippet yesterday about last Saturday's viewing figures for the shown games.....apparently they were so poor an episode of Midsomer Murders had more people watching. I certainly had the Dortmund game on with the volume down whilst listening to the radio. The actual game held little interest for me especially the 1st half which was dire.