Forum drinking habits

Guest Red Devil

Forum drinking habits  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Red Devil

Just a quick question really given every night I log someone is drinking or several people are drinking. I've made it clear that during this lockdown my drinking has gone to pot and I'm entertaining myself most evenings with a drink. 

Obviously once I'm working this habit will be put to bed but it does have me thinking what's everyones usual daily drink and how much?

Guest Red Devil
5 minutes ago, Normski said:

I only drink Thurs to Sunday even during lockdown

My usual sesh would be a bottle of wine,6 tins of Bud and 3 or 4  or 5 large gins

What you drink that amount on each of the four days you drink?

Guest Red Devil
4 minutes ago, Normski said:

Aye

So let's get this straight four days of the seven you have over 30 units on each of these days?

Not judging just trying to get a grip of what you are saying. I'd say to most people that would sound a lot but you do give yourself a three day break every week. 

1 minute ago, Devil Red said:

So let's get this straight four days of the seven you have over 30 units on each of these days?

Not judging just trying to get a grip of what you are saying. I'd say to most people that would sound a lot but you do give yourself a three day break every week. 

I don't count units mate,i've been doing this for donkey's yrs and i still look 20 yrs younger?

My Dad has eaten a shit diet all his life, smoked since he was seven and is a right piss head. He also has lung cancer that he has refused treatment for.

He is 81 and thinks stats are bullshit. He can't wait for the pubs to reopen. He is also a blue nose! 

Guest Red Devil
3 minutes ago, Normski said:

I don't count units mate,i've been doing this for donkey's yrs and i still look 20 yrs younger?

No I don't count units myself but to get a better idea of how much that actually is did unit count. 

How bloody drunk do you feel off that amount of drink?

3 minutes ago, Devil Red said:

No I don't count units myself but to get a better idea of how much that actually is did unit count. 

You are concerned about the amount you are drinking though else you would not have asked the question. 

5 minutes ago, Devil Red said:

It doesn't make me drunk,just tiddly sometimes

I suppose it depends how many large gins

I've had 3/4 of bottle of wine to go with eating 3/4 of my world famous pizza

On last beer now and will finish wine n pizza then it's on to gin

Edited by Normski

Guest Red Devil
4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

You are concerned about the amount you are drinking though else you would not have asked the question. 

Yes I actually am concerned as I've increased my drinking during the lockdown no doubt about it. 

I wouldn't say I'm majorly concerned as it's confined to the evening and I don't drink to the point of being extremely pissed anyway but yeah hands up that's why I made the thread. 

14 minutes ago, Devil Red said:

Yes I actually am concerned as I've increased my drinking during the lockdown no doubt about it. 

I wouldn't say I'm majorly concerned as it's confined to the evening and I don't drink to the point of being extremely pissed anyway but yeah hands up that's why I made the thread. 

To be perfectly honest the world is tits up right now. Just enjoy the piss while you can. 

I have two malt whisky’s a few nights a week as nightcaps. Last night I had a 6 bottles of cider and five gin and tonics on our family quiz night on Zoom. Sitting tonight and have had three glasses of red wine the bottle will be finished  

Edited by Makdee

Most afternoons I'll have 5 large (I suppose, as they're hand poured) spiced rums (lower alcohol content) with diet coke between 4 & 6pm. I don't get drunk, I simply enjoy the relaxation whilst watching the telly moreso if I've been working outdoors. I'll normally have one day off a week.....sometimes two (which the missus says I should have   lol). I'm an early bedder so don't drink during the evening and haven't done for many many years.

Guest Red Devil

Defo having a few days off now, I run most days but today I just don't feel like doing anything even though I'm currently sat in my running gear ready to go out and run. 

I'd usually break the week day evenings up with trips to the gym and football on a Thursday evening, Sunday is usually the cinema or a family activity that takes up most of the day as well.

11 minutes ago, Devil Red said:

Defo having a few days off now, I run most days but today I just don't feel like doing anything even though I'm currently sat in my running gear ready to go out and run. 

I'd usually break the week day evenings up with trips to the gym and football on a Thursday evening, Sunday is usually the cinema or a family activity that takes up most of the day as well.

Unfortunately I think you are going to find a new pastime on a Sunday for the foreseeable future mate.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Do you guys drink more or less quantity since lockdown?

I think I drink more often but less volume

I started drinking more due to boredom!

But its summer times now and I always drink more in the summer than I do in the Winter!