Jump to content

Censorship on My Football Forum


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Since I started My Football Forum back in 2002 I've been a strong fan of freedom of speech and this is still the case to this day!

Over the past few months members have reported that posts have been deleted "going missing" or edited by members of staff.

Some have been edited to stop further arguments amongst member of the forum during heated debated. This will continue to preserve the forums health and to prevent topics from going into further and further turmoil when members have disagreements. When a post is deleted or edited by a member of staff, the member will be informed as to why this has happened and for this not to happen again.

Censorship needs to happen on some subjects, I don't want the forum full of hate speech, racist remarks as this is illegal in the UK and its not what I want the forums to be full of as this would potentially stop new members joining. 

We have to keep topics on topic, yes they do evolve over time but we have to stop topics from turning into mass arguments with insults flying everywhere. We are a very relaxed forum, a lot of insults and name calling is just brushed aside without any warnings being issued to members.

From this post onward, please think about what your typing to one another and if your in a heated exchange with another member, take a few mins away from the forum before replying and calm down!!! Then reply, but think "would I say this to their face?" in real life?

Does this mean i won't be called a bog arab anymore?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Since I started My Football Forum back in 2002 I've been a strong fan of freedom of speech and this is still the case to this day!

Over the past few months members have reported that posts have been deleted "going missing" or edited by members of staff.

Some have been edited to stop further arguments amongst member of the forum during heated debated. This will continue to preserve the forums health and to prevent topics from going into further and further turmoil when members have disagreements. When a post is deleted or edited by a member of staff, the member will be informed as to why this has happened and for this not to happen again.

Censorship needs to happen on some subjects, I don't want the forum full of hate speech, racist remarks as this is illegal in the UK and its not what I want the forums to be full of as this would potentially stop new members joining. 

We have to keep topics on topic, yes they do evolve over time but we have to stop topics from turning into mass arguments with insults flying everywhere. We are a very relaxed forum, a lot of insults and name calling is just brushed aside without any warnings being issued to members.

From this post onward, please think about what your typing to one another and if your in a heated exchange with another member, take a few mins away from the forum before replying and calm down!!! Then reply, but think "would I say this to their face?" in real life?

In my honest opinion mate, this a no goer, if things have been going on behind fellow members backs (such as deleted comments, posts going missing) then it's shameful and you and the moderators of our forum are responsable.

I will go on to say our forum is not full of 'hate speech, racist remarks' far from it, and the 'mass arguments with insults flying everywhere' are few and far between, i don't know who got this into your head mate but i don't agree with your post.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sployal said:

In my honest opinion mate, this a no goer, if things have been going on behind fellow members backs (such as deleted comments, posts going missing) then it's shameful and you and the moderators of our forum are responsable.

I will go on to say our forum is not full of 'hate speech, racist remarks' far from it, and the 'mass arguments with insults flying everywhere' are few and far between, i don't know who got this into your head mate but i don't agree with your post.

 

 

 

Trust me some posts need deleting as they are based on lies and serve no useful purpose for the well being of the forum.

I trust BB on this one. Some folk need moderating for their own good. A reason for deletion will be given.

Abide by the rules and you have nothing to fear matey boy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, sployal said:

In my honest opinion mate, this a no goer, if things have been going on behind fellow members backs (such as deleted comments, posts going missing) then it's shameful and you and the moderators of our forum are responsable.

I will go on to say our forum is not full of 'hate speech, racist remarks' far from it, and the 'mass arguments with insults flying everywhere' are few and far between, i don't know who got this into your head mate but i don't agree with your post.

 

 

 

I never said it is full of them. I said I don't want the forum to end up full of them and when posts are deleted or edited it is usually because of insults, arguments. Also if a post is edited then the members is notified as.to why it was edited/deleted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, sployal said:

In my honest opinion mate, this a no goer, if things have been going on behind fellow members backs (such as deleted comments, posts going missing) then it's shameful and you and the moderators of our forum are responsable.

I will go on to say our forum is not full of 'hate speech, racist remarks' far from it, and the 'mass arguments with insults flying everywhere' are few and far between, i don't know who got this into your head mate but i don't agree with your post.

 

 

 

I never asked for it to be removed but are you saying Hairy calling me a motherfucker is a good look for the forum?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Normski said:

I never asked for it to be removed but are you saying Hairy calling me a motherfucker is a good look for the forum?

In no way would i agree to Hairy calling you a 'motherfucker' Norm, there is more behind this thread than meets the eye.

Certainly a lot of PM's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sployal said:

In no way would i agree to Hairy calling you a 'motherfucker' Norm, there is more behind this thread than meets the eye.

Certainly a lot of PM's

I would say you are probably right, but BB has took the decision for the benefit of the forum. In my opinion it is a good one. I have been called filthy names and bullied over the years. That now is near non existent and it is a huge plus for our community.

Look at the big picture mate. ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, sployal said:

the moderators of our forum are responsable

I am responsible for deleting various posts mate and as BB has said it is not without good reason. Unless it has been simply spam crap I have informed every member of the reason why I have done this & you know fine well that I would never do this lightly.

32 minutes ago, sployal said:

if things have been going on behind fellow members backs

Okay....I'm telling you and every member on here that absolutely NOTHING has been going on behind any member's back who is involved.

36 minutes ago, sployal said:

the 'mass arguments with insults flying everywhere' are few and far between,

Due to certain circumstances there have been certain situations (which normally occur during the evenings when I'm in my kip....surprise surprise) where I have, the following day, had to delete certain comments in order that the thread does not deteriorate further....members involved are informed.

40 minutes ago, sployal said:

i don't know who got this into your head mate but i don't agree with your post.

A situation arose the other day SP (I'm not going into detail) which resulted in a particular 'word' being deleted and the member being informed of this. This action by me resulted in pms between me, BB & said member.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sployal said:

there is more behind this thread than meets the eye.

No there aint mate.

8 minutes ago, sployal said:

Certainly a lot of PM's

what you keeping from me ya fucker....lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Normski said:

Does this mean i won't be called a bog arab anymore?

 

1 hour ago, Normski said:

I never asked for it to be removed but are you saying Hairy calling me a motherfucker is a good look for the forum?

I did send you an apology for those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I never said it is full of them. I said I don't want the forum to end up full of them and when posts are deleted or edited it is usually because of insults, arguments. Also if a post is edited then the members is notified as.to why it was edited/deleted.

We see lots of nasty terms on the forum, but if these are not directed at any member of the forum do they merit deletion or editing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

We see lots of nasty terms on the forum, but if these are not directed at any member of the forum do they merit deletion or editing?

No if they are not directed at any member of the forum. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 24/05/2020 at 21:23, boro_boy said:

No if they are not directed at any member of the forum. 

This is obviously within reason. You can't just suddenly call someone a pedo if you have no facts behind your claim, so your thread will no doubt be edited. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. If your posting messages which contain derogatory remarks then expect your message to be edited. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

This is obviously within reason. You can't just suddenly call someone a pedo if you have no facts behind your claim, so your thread will no doubt be edited. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. If your posting messages which contain derogatory remarks then expect your message to be edited. 

Are you on the piss mate, commenting on your own post?

On 24/05/2020 at 22:23, boro_boy said:

No if they are not directed at any member of the forum. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Forum Statistics

    6.9k
    Total Topics
    175.1k
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    817
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    fasiha hassan
    Newest Member
    fasiha hassan
    Joined
  • New users  0 New users online in the last 24 hours

    No new users

×
×
  • Create New...