My Boiler has decided to die!!

Rung my house insurance up, esure. They said I would have a call back within 2 hours, that was at 16:15 but had nothing back yet. I did ring up at 7pm and they said that the company they gave the job to have not accepted the job yet. The bloke said this is due to it being a bank holiday weekend and Covid-19. FFS its supposed to be home emergency!!! Insurance companies proper rip you off, they are happy to take your money but when you have a problem they take forever to sort you out!!!

I have a error on my boiler so I have no heating or hot water, its not a massive problem, but i'd like it sorted within a few days!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Rung my house insurance up, esure. They said I would have a call back within 2 hours, that was at 16:15 but had nothing back yet. I did ring up at 7pm and they said that the company they gave the job to have not accepted the job yet. The bloke said this is due to it being a bank holiday weekend and Covid-19. FFS its supposed to be home emergency!!! Insurance companies proper rip you off, they are happy to take your money but when you have a problem they take forever to sort you out!!!

I have a error on my boiler so I have no heating or hot water, its not a massive problem, but i'd like it sorted within a few days!!!

What make is it? How old is it?

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I mind many years ago (in fact 3 boilers ago) our boiler was leaking water and eventually died at around 5pm on Hogmanay. Now me being totally inept with practical things phoned up a very handy mate who, despite the time and day it was, came to my gaff and got the leaking stopped. Thankfully at that time we had a gas fire but for a few days we had to boil water in the kettle for dishes etc and shower at a neighbours. We managed to get a local plumbers/boiler company to fit a new boiler a couple of days after the holidays. As we were and still are with British/Scottish gas for our power we took out a care plan which we still have. Tbh we have rarely, if ever, had any problem with them attending promptly if anything went wrong. Hope you get it sorted soon.

3 hours ago, Harold said:

I mind many years ago (in fact 3 boilers ago) our boiler was leaking water and eventually died at around 5pm on Hogmanay. Now me being totally inept with practical things phoned up a very handy mate who, despite the time and day it was, came to my gaff and got the leaking stopped. Thankfully at that time we had a gas fire but for a few days we had to boil water in the kettle for dishes etc and shower at a neighbours. We managed to get a local plumbers/boiler company to fit a new boiler a couple of days after the holidays. As we were and still are with British/Scottish gas for our power we took out a care plan which we still have. Tbh we have rarely, if ever, had any problem with them attending promptly if anything went wrong. Hope you get it sorted soon.

They are coming tomorrow but I'm on their cancellation list for today. So will be turning up tomorrow haha. 

47 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Mine is ideal too.

Ideal Logic. 3 years old. Best boilers.

Yeah I've had no trouble with then. But some people who have services mine say they are shit and call them "less than ideal* haha. 

• 5 weeks later...