Mazda 6

Mr Magnificent

A very stylish looking car, and being Japanese no doubt very reliable. Tho think back to your post about the BMW ( Jeremy Clarkson thing).

At the end of the day i suppose it all comes down to what you can afford.

4 hours ago, superally said:

A very stylish looking car, and being Japanese no doubt very reliable. Tho think back to your post about the BMW ( Jeremy Clarkson thing).

At the end of the day i suppose it all comes down to what you can afford.

Money isn't an issue.

BMW just have a very poor reliability record. One look at Warranty Directs website will show you that.

Look at those reliability ratings.

Premium German brands are apparently overpriced and unreliable.

I have a Honda bike and I honestly think with oil changes it could go round the world. My Hyundai motor hasn't missed a beat either.

Mazda and Mitsubishi do some nice cars. In fact I think they're from the same company.
Back in the early 80s I had a Mitsubishi Colt Galant and then a Mazda 626 (both company cars so they were brand spanking new).

11 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I like em.

Might just sway me away from Skoda.

My old man had a Mazda RX 3round about 1973/4. Was a rotary engine though that meant and still means heehaw to me....lol. It was the same colour as this one

Rotary connection: an unmolested Mazda RX-3 relic  The Motorhood

Mazda has done a number of RX models. Very nice to drive.

Due to its revolutionary motion, a rotary engine operates with less vibration than a piston engine. This allows rotary engines to be tuned to run at higher rpm, thus producing more power. Another advantage of the rotary engine is that in the event of a breakdown, the engine will not seize up.

Going to test drive the Mazda on Thursday.

I have decided it is between one of those or a Skoda Octavia which again has bombproof reviews.

I read an article where a Dublin taxi driver had 380,000 up his and still running sweet.

The high end German cars are nice but they have a terrible reliability record, so that has put me off. Even much maligned (unfairly IMO) Vauxhall rate higher.

On 31/05/2020 at 08:05, Mr Magnificent said:

Going to test drive the Mazda on Thursday.

I have decided it is between one of those or a Skoda Octavia which again has bombproof reviews.

I read an article where a Dublin taxi driver had 380,000 up his and still running sweet.

The high end German cars are nice but they have a terrible reliability record, so that has put me off. Even much maligned (unfairly IMO) Vauxhall rate higher.

Yet roadside assistance services report far less call outs to German/Japanese cars, tho maybe that is due to the far advanced technology the Germanshave, and those willing to pay for the prescribed services have over 90% of complaints/breakdowns fixed over the phone by GPS.

Whatever car you choose, if it has the capability/technology to have the option of the concierge service you really should take it fella. I got 3 years free, and it's amazing. Wherever i am in the world, press the button the concierge (call centre guy) answers, I say i want a Pizza, then an hotel for the night, they give me 5 options based on my location and ratings for the places, I choose -order, when i arrive give my ref no or whatever, everything is booked and paid for. It was a life saver last year when we did a little drive in Europe. They also somehow set your satnav to guide you to wherever you have chosen.

I don't need a concierge service. I just want a car that gets me from A to B reliably.

Warranty Index tells me that the big German Firms struggle with reliability. I am still considering a Skoda but will probably go with a far eastern maker as the reliability is bombproof and that (to me) is what I want.