Hair Clippers - Where to buy

I have been looking at buying some for the past month, I had to borrow my parents clippers and let my missus cut my hair a few weeks ago, she didn't do that much of a bad job. I just can't seem to buy any and I refuse to buy ones that have been MEGA inflated due to Covid-19. Its doing my nuts in!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm borrowing of my wife's sisters husband, like you I refuse to buy the ones on the shelves as its clear they've taken all the reasonably price ones into the back and replaced them with barber standard clippers. 

I'm not spending £50 on a set that won't get used in four weeks time. 

Not an issue for me, as already have some. What has become a major issue is trusting Mrs Sa to use them on me. Tho I have a number 1(not in the toilet usage meaning), I still go the barber 💈. I’m a bit reluctant regarding the Turkish ones tho, I still think the one I used was trying to set me on fire.

1 hour ago, superally said:

Not an issue for me, as already have some. What has become a major issue is trusting Mrs Sa to use them on me. Tho I have a number 1(not in the toilet usage meaning), I still go the barber 💈. I’m a bit reluctant regarding the Turkish ones tho, I still think the one I used was trying to set me on fire.

Flames to the ears, caught me off guard as well but amazing how much burnt hair you can smell. 

I got a set from Argos a couple of years ago...excellent cut.....can't mind the price but weren't that expensive. Sure they're Remington.

2 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

WAHL.

the wife bought a set of this make a few years ago but we gave them away as the main clipper was too heavy for her to hold as she has bad hands for holding certain items.

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

I got a set from Argos a couple of years ago...excellent cut.....can't mind the price but weren't that expensive. Sure they're Remington.

the wife bought a set of this make a few years ago but we gave them away as the main clipper was too heavy for her to hold as she has bad hands for holding certain items.

Yes mate they are really good but are rather clunky and heavy.