Normski

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Normski said:

I have Virgin myself and it was a top class job but this is a shocker

What made any sane person think that was a well finished job?

Is that fake? That goes beyond all boundaries of bad jobs. Horrendous 

1 minute ago, ⚓ boro_boy ⚓ said:

I don't know wether to believe that or not, i'm going to say its fake!!!

I don't think if you worked for Virgin you could get away with that!!!

Virgin have replied to him in comments and promised to fix it

Guest Red Devil

Have had bad experiences with Virgin in the past myself, I once booked for them to install in one of my older properties during the day whilst I was at work. 

Anyway the wife let them in showed them where she want the box and cable to run to and then went to tend to my then baby daughter. She asked the guys if that was fine and they said they'd shout her when they were done and not to worry. 

The fuckers clearly took the piss as when I walked through the door they had nailed the cable around the front of my timber door frame, not neatly around the edge or under the carpet, around the face of the door frame a big white cable. So I ripped it off and all round my fucking frame were nail holes. 

So I ring them up and try and get through to someone to complain to but was passed around all sorts of people before losing the will to live and eventually moaning at some poor Scottish girl. 

Edited by Red Devil

8 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Have had bad experiences with Virgin in the past myself, I once booked for them to install in one of my older properties during the day whilst I was at work. 

Anyway the wife let them in showed them where she want the box and cable to run to and then went to tend to my then baby daughter. She asked the guys if that was fine and they said they'd shout her when they were done and not to worry. 

The fuckers clearly took the piss as when I walked through the door they had nailed the cable around the front of my timber door frame, not neatly around the edge or under the carpet, around the face of the door frame a big white cable. So I ripped it off and all round my fucking frame were nail holes. 

So I ring them up and try and get through to someone to complain to but was passed around all sorts of people before losing the will to live and eventually moaning at some poor Scottish girl. 

I wudda cracked up.....i was here when they done mine and asked exactly what way they were gonna do it....great job

Guest Red Devil
1 hour ago, Normski said:

I wudda cracked up.....i was here when they done mine and asked exactly what way they were gonna do it....great job

Not gonna lie u fell out with the missus over it as she was apparently too scared to check their work. 

But in her defence after calming down no employee should leave a job like that, I think they thought she was a single mum who wouldn't care. 

We were with Telewest before Virgin took over. Eventually changed to Sky and were with them for years before leaving....the reason was they were introducing a new box which gave far greater recording capacity. I contacted them on several occasions to request one but they said I had to buy it because I was an existing customer (you know....one of these fucking idiots that paid loyally for fucking years) and to get it free you had to be a 'new' customer. I eventually had enough of that shit and cancelled (after which I was fucking bombarded with e-mails & phone calls asking why and would I return with such and such an offer blah blah) and went to Virgin where I have been for many years now.

So I hope I'm not tempting fate here....Tbh we haven't had any problems with the few occasions we have had to get an engineer out to the house. I did have a problem receiving a new Tivo box which was ordered and supposed to come via the post....it didn't turn up. I got back in touch and spoke to another asian guy with better english who arranged for an engineer to come to my house and install it free of charge....tickettyboo! When you do phone up for whatever reason the language barrier can be very fucking frustrating and when it comes round to the end of my annual contract I pray that when I phone it is a Brit that I get....as it happened when I phoned last month to renegotiate my contract I got a Glasgow lass called Amy who was very understanding and efficient...ended up with no loss of services and a cheaper than last year's monthly payment.

PS....out of curiosity, can anyone recall BSB with the squariel ? We had that service for a short time.

BSB Squarial. Photo by Flickr user pauldriscoll, used under a Creative Commons licence