Autonomous Braking!

superally

Don't know if any of you have this on your car or not, my car has and i never really found out what it was all about until tonight.

Picked up my takeaway and a few beers, driving home, came to one of those painted spot in the road roundabouts, slowed down as you do, road clear so accelerated a bit as you do, then bang, the car stops harshly,the car was far quicker to react than i was, my takeaway was fecked, the beer in the back seat went mental jumping forward so as to puncture one of the cans, that hit the seat mechanism with a bit of force. The reason for this a feckin cyclist, driving on the wrong side of the road wearing feckin headphones. Tho the system saved the cunt from possibly bad injuries, i wish i never had it, as right now tho a few hours later, i feel running over the twat would have in the long term been far more satisfying. People slate BMW, AUDI drivers, tho feck me cylcists are by far the biggest cnuts on our roads, and the feckers don't pay a penny towards them. In future i will show them no mercy, or when overtaking if my wing mirror don't catch them, then i have given them more room than i would have liked.

My motorbike has it.

Only happens when one wheel is travelling faster than the other. Usually happens if coming down a steep hill that levels out sharply. If the front wheel is one the level but back still coming down incline it brakes for me. Strange feeling, but a good safety feature. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

My motorbike has it.

Only happens when one wheel is travelling faster than the other. Usually happens if coming down a steep hill that levels out sharply. If the front wheel is one the level but back still coming down incline it brakes for me. Strange feeling, but a good safety feature. 

I'll be honest   it doesn't sound safe on a bike, but I'll take your word on it.....

8 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I'll be honest   it doesn't sound safe on a bike, but I'll take your word on it.....

It is a weird feeling. It just applies the brakes for a fraction of a second until both wheels are going the same speed again.

Those guys at Honda are smart! 

13 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Also, if I apply one brake on hard and not the other the system detects this and applies the other brake before the bike becomes unstable. 

Edited by Mr Magnificent

15 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Also, if I apply one brake on hard and not the other the system detects this and applies the other brake before the bike becomes unstable. 

That makes sense 

2 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

It is a weird feeling. It just applies the brakes for a fraction of a second until both wheels are going the same speed again.

Those guys at Honda are smart! 

Yeah, they copied it from the German's. Tho is your system not known as intelligent rather than autonomous braking?

My system slows the car down if i get too close to the car in front, and as said in my opening post stops the car dead if needed. First time i ever noticed it in all honesty, and it was a bit of a shock. I also never get really close to the car in front, never been a tailgater. If i get a twat on my bumper, I usually deliberately slow down. Major cause of accidents that is.