• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Beano or the Dandy

DOC

So which ones did you get ? When I was a kid the first choices were  the above mentioned, followed by in no particular order, the Beezer , Topper , Sparky ,the Victor etc    They all seemed to be published in Scotland. Some of the characters Billy Whizz , Sargent Hurricane  ( raging fury ) and Titch , AlfTupper , who was an athlete who ate fish and chips as his pre meal run. Also , a sneaky look at the Bunty and Judy   

Edited by DOC

4 minutes ago, DOC said:

So which ones did you get ? When I was a kid the first choices were  the above mentioned, followed by in no particular order, the Beezer , Topper , Sparky ,the Victor etc    They all seemed to be published in Scotland. Some of the characters Billy Whizz , Sargent Hurricane  ( raging fury ) and Titch , AlfTupper , who was an athlete who ate fish and chips as his pre meal run. Also , a sneaky look at the Bunty and Judy   

Fucks me mate you just brought me back sixty fucking years, was the Beano for me:beer:

7 minutes ago, sployal said:

Fucks me mate you just brought me back sixty fucking years, was the Beano for me:beer:

Yeh same here   The others never measured up. Used to love the Summer Specials and the Christmas Annuals with their hard backs. 

20 minutes ago, DOC said:

Yeh same here   The others never measured up. Used to love the Summer Specials and the Christmas Annuals with their hard backs. 

Always hard a hard back at Christmas mate, that was my Grandads present, learn to read, learn humour and humility without scorn or malice. Them books taught us so much:beer:

7 hours ago, DOC said:

Also , a sneaky look at the Bunty and Judy

you durty, durty boy....lol

7 hours ago, DOC said:

So which ones did you get ?

Got the Dandy, Beano, sometimes the Beezer.....Hornet, Hotspur & Victor..............I am a well read fellow.

Alf Tupper...what a man, did he no work in a scrap yard ? Remember Wilson Doc ? The man in black who was immortal, an athlete and got up to all sorts of adventures.

William Wilson | UK Comics Wiki | Fandom

Alf having his favourite meal....

6 Oxgangs Avenue 1958-1972 'The Stair' incorporating Oxgangs - A ...

Which com

55 minutes ago, Harold said:

you durty, durty boy....lol

Got the Dandy, Beano, sometimes the Beezer.....Hornet, Hotspur & Victor..............I am a well read fellow.

Alf Tupper...what a man, did he no work in a scrap yard ? Remember Wilson Doc ? The man in black who was immortal, an athlete and got up to all sorts of adventures.

William Wilson | UK Comics Wiki | Fandom

Alf having his favourite meal....

6 Oxgangs Avenue 1958-1972 'The Stair' incorporating Oxgangs - A ...

No H , I don’t remember Wilson. Was he in the 80s ? Which comic was Billy’s Boots in ? He found an old pair of football boots from a dead player and when he wore them he suddenly played brilliant. Otherwise he was useless. 

36 minutes ago, DOC said:

I don’t remember Wilson. Was he in the 80s ?

Don't think so mate.....I recall him in the 60's when I was still at primary school.

38 minutes ago, DOC said:

Which comic was Billy’s Boots in ?

Can vaguely remember this one but as for which comic I don't know.

45 minutes ago, DOC said:

Which comic was Billy’s Boots in ? He found an old pair of football boots from a dead player and when he wore them he suddenly played brilliant. Otherwise he was useless. 

I think that was Tiger or Roy of the Rovers.

4 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Beano for me but the victor and Hotspur were my favourites and I collected the wee commando books 

Mak.....in 1978 I was in a serious road accident, broke my cheek bone and spent a week or so in Canniesburn. I was going out with my now wife and she came through every day and that's what she brought me mate. She said she felt silly going into her wee local shop to buy them....lol. Eventually my young brother got his hands on them and after that I don't know what happened to them...I loved they wee comic. PS....I was 23 at the time...lol

12 minutes ago, Harold said:

Mak.....in 1978 I was in a serious road accident, broke my cheek bone and spent a week or so in Canniesburn. I was going out with my now wife and she came through every day and that's what she brought me mate. She said she felt silly going into her wee local shop to buy them....lol. Eventually my young brother got his hands on them and after that I don't know what happened to them...I loved they wee comic. PS....I was 23 at the time...lol

They are still sold my some got me some in some wee shop in Glasgow round about charring cross a while ago and also a book with 12 stories. My wee grandson reads them all the time now

E9E13672-34FD-4121-9540-953152FAF758.jpeg

9E3415B1-BF94-49B6-9E04-991D6EB405FC.jpeg

Edited by Makdee