You are a guest user Click to join the site!

Nathan Jones return to Luton town after selling them out and going to Stoke!!!

I was very angry when Nathan Jones decided to leave us half way through one of our most encouraging campaigns for a long time to leave for Stoke, It seemed like the wrong move for him (and has been proved thus) but also put our campaign in jeopardy (The legend that is Mick Harford took us into the Championship). But after three games back in charge I feel he has redeemed himself and has shown what a great manager he is? I'm wondering on any other thoughts in this.... When I find time I will post some new bits but he was hated but I feel if he keeps us up then he'll be worshipped.... Just the thickle world of football.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Cazza said:

I was very angry when Nathan Jones decided to leave us half way through one of our most encouraging campaigns for a long time to leave for Stoke, It seemed like the wrong move for him (and has been proved thus) but also put our campaign in jeopardy (The legend that is Mick Harford took us into the Championship). But after three games back in charge I feel he has redeemed himself and has shown what a great manager he is? I'm wondering on any other thoughts in this.... When I find time I will post some new bits but he was hated but I feel if he keeps us up then he'll be worshipped.... Just the thickle world of football.

Mick Hartford is a no nonsense sort of guy.

Used to love watching him play for Brum. Defenders really knew they had been in a game.

Hmmmm I wonder if he will apply for Brum job? Got me thinking there. 

Just now, Mr Magnificent said:

Mick Hartford is a no nonsense sort of guy.

Used to love watching him play for Brum. Defenders really knew they had been in a game.

Hmmmm I wonder if he will apply for Brum job? Got me thinking there. 

My husband tells me about Mick and he is a player and a coach I can respect, Nathan Jones is very similar, I liked Graeme but feel Nathan has the dressing room. 

2 minutes ago, Cazza said:

My husband tells me about Mick and he is a player and a coach I can respect, Nathan Jones is very similar, I liked Graeme but feel Nathan has the dressing room. 

Does your husband support Luton too?

How old is he? Does he remember Harford as a centre forward playing? 

8 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Does your husband support Luton too?

How old is he? Does he remember Harford as a centre forward playing? 

How else would I end up supporting a sh.... Great team, he is coming up to 41 and remembers the Luton side of the eighties, possibly more the second spell. His favourite player was David Preece.

Just now, Cazza said:

How else would I end up supporting a sh.... Great team, he is coming up to 41 and remembers the Luton side of the eighties, possibly more the second spell. His favourite player was David Preece.

I remember Preece.

Only been to Kenilworth Road once. Remember walking through all the houses to get to it. Might have changed now though. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I remember Preece.

Only been to Kenilworth Road once. Remember walking through all the houses to get to it. Might have changed now though. 

Oak road stand.... Hasn't changed at all. The ground is very old and small. We generally watch from the Kenilworth Road stand opposite.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I remember Preece.

I think one of the turnstiles is between 2 houses

Edited by Normski