Sweat Shops in Leicester - Why are they allowed?

boro_boy

36 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

You'd think the images below where from India and that they were making clothes for Primark! But no, the images below are from Liecester and these "Slaves" are on £4 an hour!

Illegal according to this government website

So why have they not been shut down?

30371458-8488859-image-m-7_1593821811659.jpg30371434-8488859-image-m-9_1593821912165.jpg

Where are BLM thugs ?....inanimate objects obviously mean more to these cunts !

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Makdee said:

It’s an industry that’s always been associated with Sweat shops and they have always been here though hidden. My mum was Tailor a she used to talk about them existing when she was young  

But it's illegal to pay people less than minimum wage so why are these companies allowed?

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

But it's illegal to pay people less than minimum wage so why are these companies allowed?

There’s loads of companies don’t pay minimum wage basically governments will tell you it’s hard to police 

7 minutes ago, Makdee said:

There’s loads of companies don’t pay minimum wage basically governments will tell you it’s hard to police 

I'd imagine that employees will be too fearful to bring it to the relevant authorities.

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Harold said:

I'd imagine that employees will be too fearful to bring it to the relevant authorities.

They shouldn't be scared to do that though!!!

Id say with the wages being £4, there will also be bullying from the bosses!!! 

21 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Real life isn’t like that mate. People fear employers for all sorts of reasons 

This really shouldn't be a surprise....but it is.

If Primark can make profits from high rental city centres/shopping centres from selling clothes for unbelievable prices (to me anyway)....

It has to come back to Cheap labour, I would have thought, imported, but who knows......

The Fashion industry always gets a bye ball, from the Left, regards its carbon footprint and sweatshops.....

Why is this the case?

36 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

No they shouldn't...but....you have just answered my reason mate...

37 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

3 minutes ago, Bastion said:

If Primark can make profits from high rental city centres/shopping centres from selling clothes for unbelievable prices (to me anyway)....

It has to come back to Cheap labour, I would have thought, imported, but who knows......

The Fashion industry always gets a bye ball, from the Left, regards its carbon footprint and sweatshops.....

Why is this the case?

Sporting brands also

I hate cunts bleating about slavery 300 yrs ago whilst ignoring these present day sweatshops and the 40m slaves currently being used

23 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Why is this the case?

Got to say this shouldn’t be about left or right I know lot of left leaning people who fight against sweat shops but they don’t always realise it’s happening under their noses Primark is all Asia I know a buyer for them total arsehole of a guy 

Edited by Makdee

3 hours ago, boro_boy said:

You'd think the images below where from India and that they were making clothes for Primark! But no, the images below are from Liecester and these "Slaves" are on £4 an hour!

Illegal according to this government website

So why have they not been shut down?

30371458-8488859-image-m-7_1593821811659.jpg30371434-8488859-image-m-9_1593821912165.jpg

i bet it smells nice in there on a hot day ffs. 

1 minute ago, Makdee said:

Got to say this shouldn’t be about left or right I know lot of left leaning people who fight against sweat shops but they don’t always realise it’s happening under their noses 

How do they fight against it?

Apple? ,fashion industry? What companies do they fight with and what gains have they made?

1 minute ago, Bastion said:

How do they fight against it?

Apple? ,fashion industry? What companies do they fight with and what gains have they made?

Probably very few every major sports kit mss as Ker users cheap labour. Asia is one big sweatshop. As for how do they go about their protests I have no idea. Until big business is willing to pay decent wages it will always happen. I also find this minimum wage thing hilarious it’s cheap labour we should be paying a living wage 

12 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Probably very few every major sports kit mss as Ker users cheap labour. Asia is one big sweatshop. As for how do they go about their protests I have no idea. Until big business is willing to pay decent wages it will always happen. I also find this minimum wage thing hilarious it’s cheap labour we should be paying a living wage 

I'd be interested to know what companies they fought..... genuinely 

So the consumer should pay for a standard living wage throughout the UK?

You dont think we pay enough for petrol groceries etc?, we should now pay more? To pay for pay raises?Maybe have to raise the living wage more.... so folk can pay for the price raises throughout the country.....

Also, were is the incentive for folk to push on and go into jobs like Police, Civil Servants,  Nursing,  Fireservice etc ..... if you can push up towards that pay threshold without applying yourself too much and working in Tesco? Unless, you wish to raise the Government jobs salary also?

This is all very admirable of you, but how will this living wage be paid for.... after all, most folk dont work for multi nationals, the Self employed/ small business owners, how will they pay for this Living wage for everyone?..... Holiday pay  Maternity pay  sick pay etc....

I would genuinely like to hear how you see this Living wage jump work? 

It's always amazing to me, there are people who believe that they can get involved in a contract between two parties, without having any involvement in the contract..... 

So you have an employer who advertises a job, with pay and benefits listed, you have another party who thinks, yep, that will do me, they agree, start a working relationship..... then, the outsider, with no investment/involvement thinks they should get involved and suggest the employees needs paid more..... at what expense?.... less small business? Less self employed? Less jobs?