Rangers fixtures 2020/2021

Makdee

that random computer strikes again Aberdeen away in the first day and Celtic on the last possible day let in the first round of fixtures 

August

1: Aberdeen (a) - 5.30pm, live on Sky Sports
8: St Mirren (h) - 3pm
12: St Johnstone (h) - 7.45pm
16: Livingston (a) - 4.30pm, live on Sky Sports
22: Kilmarnock (h) - 3pm
29: Hamilton (a) - 5.30pm, live on Sky Sports

September

12: Dundee United (h) - 3pm
19: Hibernian (a) - 3pm
26: Motherwell (a) - 3pm

October

2: Ross County (h) - 7.45pm
17: Celtic (a) - 3pm
24: Livingston (h) - 3pm
31: Kilmarnock (a) - 3pm

November

6: Hamilton (h) - 7.45pm
21: Aberdeen (h) - 3pm

December

5: Ross County (a) - 3pm
12: Dundee United (a) - 3pm
19: Motherwell (h) - 3pm
23: St Johnstone (a) - 7.45pm
26: Hibernian (h) - 3pm
30: St Mirren (a) - 7.45pm

January

2: Celtic (h) - 3pm
9: Aberdeen (a) - 3pm
16: Motherwell (a) - 3pm
23: Ross County (h) - 3pm
27: Hibernian (a) - 7.45pm

February

3: St Johnstone (h) - 7.45pm
6: Hamilton (a) - 3pm
13: Kilmarnock (h) - 3pm
27: Livingston (a) - 3pm

March

6: St Mirren (h) - 3pm
20: Celtic (a) - 3pm

April

3: Dundee United (h) - 3pm

Post-split dates

Saturday April 17
Saturday April 24
Saturday May 1
Wednesday May 12
Saturday May 15

From August up to the split.....

Two away to the sheep,

Two away to Hibs

Two away to Celtic

After the split we will be at home to Celtic....that's a certainty and SHOULD be at home against either Hibs or the sheep presuming Gers, Sheep & Hibs all make top six.

Last season it was two at home to these teams for the same period (before the split) funnily enough. Plus Rangers and Celtic cannot play at home on the same day.

Aye random indeed!!!

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Makdee said:

first day of the season and SKY change the kick off time to suit the FA cup final time 

BC56D3C0-63E2-4F1D-A1AB-E2DABEEC53DE.jpeg

obviously been negotiations between Sky and BT Sport/BBC so that the games don't overlap. Probably major disruption for fans from England & Northern Ireland re booking transport etc. but they give no fucks about them anyway. For the life of me I just cannot comprehend why the FA Cup final was ever moved from 3pm kick off.

Just now, Harold said:

obviously been negotiations between Sky and BT Sport/BBC so that the games don't overlap. Probably major disruption for fans from England & Northern Ireland re booking transport etc. but they give no fucks about them anyway. For the life of me I just cannot comprehend why the FA Cup final was ever moved from 3pm kick off.

They won’t need transport no fans at games mate 

• 6 months later...

Just having a wee look at the home/away scenario.....I'm taking this on the what will probably be the top four

Up to split

Celtic                         home - 17.....away - 16

Aberdeen                  home - 17.....away - 16

Hibs                          home - 16......away - 17

Rangers                    home - 16.....away 17

So with a further 5 games to play after the split Rangers and Hibs are due 3 home and 2 away whilst Celtic and Aberdeen are due 2 home and 3 away.....in the interests of 'Sporting Integrity' you understand!  Obviously we have to wait and see who the other two clubs are but that is how it stands at the moment. However as I said earlier Rangers will have played their 3 main rivals away from home twice and once at home before the split.

Aberdeen have played Hibs away twice and once at home.....and played Celtic away twice and one at home

Hibs have played Celtic away twice and once at home

But Celtic (surprise surprise) have played ALL three of their main rivals (Rangers, Hibs & Aberdeen) twice at home and once away.

Now, how random could that computer be? It will certainly be interesting to see how the post split fixtures turn out because up to the split the SPFL once again show they are bending over backwards in favour of the puppet meister's club! Unfortunately for him and Doncaster's mob it hasn't worked out as planned!!!

The only sure thing is we will face Celtic at Ibrox. It was agreed years ago that they would  always play two home two away  as for the rest your guess is as good as mine Harold. Though I am hoping it’s done and dusted by then 😁

7 minutes ago, Makdee said:

only sure thing is we will face Celtic at Ibrox

yeah, that's a given. Funnily enough the last full season (2018/2019) saw the exact same format for us pre-split with our post split games being

20 April 201934 Heart of Midlothian 1–3 Rangers Edinburgh
28 April 201935 Rangers 2–0 Aberdeen Glasgow
5 May 201936 Rangers 1–0 Hibernian Glasgow
12 May 201937 Rangers 2–0 Celtic Glasgow
19 May 201938 Kilmarnock 2–1 Rangers Kilmarnoc

3 hours ago, Harold said:

Just having a wee look at the home/away scenario.....I'm taking this on the what will probably be the top four

Up to split

Celtic                         home - 17.....away - 16

Aberdeen                  home - 17.....away - 16

Hibs                          home - 16......away - 17

Rangers                    home - 16.....away 17

So with a further 5 games to play after the split Rangers and Hibs are due 3 home and 2 away whilst Celtic and Aberdeen are due 2 home and 3 away.....in the interests of 'Sporting Integrity' you understand!  Obviously we have to wait and see who the other two clubs are but that is how it stands at the moment. However as I said earlier Rangers will have played their 3 main rivals away from home twice and once at home before the split.

Aberdeen have played Hibs away twice and once at home.....and played Celtic away twice and one at home

Hibs have played Celtic away twice and once at home

But Celtic (surprise surprise) have played ALL three of their main rivals (Rangers, Hibs & Aberdeen) twice at home and once away.

Now, how random could that computer be? It will certainly be interesting to see how the post split fixtures turn out because up to the split the SPFL once again show they are bending over backwards in favour of the puppet meister's club! Unfortunately for him and Doncaster's mob it hasn't worked out as planned!!!

This is the problem with playing half of the league 3 times and half of the league 4 times. Leads to incorrect home and away splits every year, especially if a team they weren’t expecting to finish top 6 finished up there. It’s a shambles. Should have told sky to fuck off years ago, added more teams to the league and played everyone twice.