Trip to Lichfield

Mr Magnificent

19 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Went for a nice bike ride to Lichfield with Mrs. 

28 miles into Brum centre then up through Sutton Coldfield, Shenstone and then Lichfield. Stayed the night then cycled back today. Delightful place. I would describe it as very English! 

Stopped at a nice pub in Shenstone called the Bulls Head yesterday. I took some photos.

IMG_20200712_125434575_HDR.jpg

FB_IMG_1594644876407.jpg

FB_IMG_1594644865020.jpg

IMG_20200712_110214454_HDR.jpg

FB_IMG_1594644856531.jpg

Nice photos Mags. In the last one....the statue....obviously no racist connection as it's still upright.....lol

9 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Allegedly 

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Google the Battle of Rocky Lane.

The Zulu's overcame.

tbh....I thought it was Rorke's drift....Michael Caine and all that jazz.....

18 minutes ago, Harold said:

didn't know you were into Shakespear ?

Born on the doorstep of the Bard mate. We can get to Stratford in 3 hours on a push bike.

Doubtful any of you lot compare to a Summer's Day tho! ??

I shall take thy wife instead for: Coral is far more red than her lips' red; If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun; If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.

3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Born on the doorstep of the Bard mate. We can get to Stratford in 3 hours on a push bike.

Doubtful any of you lot compare to a Summer's Day tho! ??

I shall take thy wife instead for: Coral is far more red than her lips' red; If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun; If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.

Fair enough Mags.....I'm off to my kip to digest that.....lol.

1 hour ago, Bastion said:

You're cheat'n. 

It's a battery powered bike

Not really mate. My wife is disabled and has several illnesses that will eventually cut her life short.

We have always rode our bikes everywhere together and she was very upset when she could no longer do that so she bought an electric bike which helps her enjoy her hobby. 

As I haul all the luggage we found she kept getting large distances ahead of me which again spoiled her enjoyment. So, I purchased one. I like it and it had enabled us to enjoy cycling without her being in total agony for days after. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Not really mate. My wife is disabled and has several illnesses that will eventually cut her life short.

We have always rode our bikes everywhere together and she was very upset when she could no longer do that so she bought an electric bike which helps her enjoy her hobby. 

As I haul all the luggage we found she kept getting large distances ahead of me which again spoiled her enjoyment. So, I purchased one. I like it and it had enabled us to enjoy cycling without her being in total agony for days after. 

Fair play to your wife for keeping at it...

Genuinely mean that, 

My comment was solely directed at you, in a jovial/banter way.....as I'm sure you probably know .

2 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Fair play to your wife for keeping at it...

Genuinely mean that, 

My comment was solely directed at you, in a jovial/banter way.....as I'm sure you probably know .

No offence taken mate.

No one would bat an eye if wheelchair sports were being played...It would be deemed courageous. 

However, people see an electric aided bike (which still doesn't do the pedalling for you) and they assume someone is lazy or cheating because they can't see the disability.

We have had road bike twats even say that.

We don't mind. It doesn't spoil our enjoyment.