You are a guest user Click to join the site!

Mandatory wearing of them in shops to come into force in England from 24th July. It has been that way up here since 10th July. Not sure of the situation in Northern Ireland and Wales. Perhaps one of our brothers from over the water could enlighten us ? Anyways, how do you feel about this implementation.....how do feel about actually wearing them ? First time I had one on was last Friday when shopping in M&S foodhall in the town. Tbh I found it quite uncomfortable as it became quite warm round about the face plus my glasses were steaming up. However the paper type material one I had has a thin flexible metal strip at the top (which, stupidly, I hadn't noticed...duh!) which you shape over the top of your nose so that your breath doesn't affect your glasses. I've since worn it when I've been to the garage for the papers but that's just for about a minute. Our way of life is certainly changing due to this virus and we'll just have to get used to it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Harold said:

Mandatory wearing of them in shops to come into force in England from 24th July. It has been that way up here since 10th July. Not sure of the situation in Northern Ireland and Wales. Perhaps one of our brothers from over the water could enlighten us ? Anyways, how do you feel about this implementation.....how do feel about actually wearing them ? First time I had one on was last Friday when shopping in M&S foodhall in the town. Tbh I found it quite uncomfortable as it became quite warm round about the face plus my glasses were steaming up. However the paper type material one I had has a thin flexible metal strip at the top (which, stupidly, I hadn't noticed...duh!) which you shape over the top of your nose so that your breath doesn't affect your glasses. I've since worn it when I've been to the garage for the papers but that's just for about a minute. Our way of life is certainly changing due to this virus and we'll just have to get used to it.

Not in force here for shopping..... only on public transport,  unless you're under 12 or similar......

Maybe Jez knows more....

Mandatory here. Doesn’t bother me wearing them in shops don’t need to worry about public transport here as there is very little. Got a mate that lives they Salou area in Spain. They have brought in that masks must be worn in all public places except if you are sitting on the beach or by a pool. That must be really uncomfortable when it’s hot 

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I'm not too fussed about wearing them. It's only whilst shopping inside or on public transport. I really don't know what all the fuss is about. 

wait & see (whether it is reported on MSM or not) there will be a large % of young bucks who will refuse to do this as they go into offies for their booze etc and cause shopkeepers severe grief! These are the ones who the Police, if possible, should target. Having said that I personally think it is preposterous that the Police should have to be dealing with people not wearing face masks.

9 hours ago, Bastion said:

Not in force here for shopping..... only on public transport,  unless you're under 12 or similar......

Maybe Jez knows more....

Got one from work but its only for public transport like you said. Never used it

Just now, jezza said:

Hopefully not. My aunts a careworker and struggling with the masks

When it comes in get used to it mate.....gonna be a way of life for the foreseeable future mate. This shit aint disappearing & come November/December......Shit storm my man!!!

1 minute ago, jezza said:

Hopefully not. My aunts a careworker and struggling with the masks

I have no wish to wear one.....

Seems a bit late into a pandemic to start making it mandatory.....

Can only assume they have had positive results elsewhere and are going to run with it.....

If both England and RoI are doing it, it's a matter of time before NI follows.....

7 minutes ago, Bastion said:

This is a very real issue on the horizon......

Winter is coming.....

Gotta say mate...I feel for you/those who are at risk financially (outwith health, that is the most important section of this situation). I'm only glad that both me and the missus are retired and have no problems with our incomes. Shit...how else could I afford aw the bottles I buy ?....lol

10 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I have no wish to wear one.....

Seems a bit late into a pandemic to start making it mandatory.....

Can only assume they have had positive results elsewhere and are going to run with it.....

If both England and RoI are doing it, it's a matter of time before NI follows.....

Seems to be that WHO are advising it because of the airborne thing. The amount of folk I have spoken to that say it doesn’t protect me. It’s now reckoned that something like 50% of people have it without showing symptoms so it’s fun trying to say to people it’s not for you it’s for someone else 

Just now, Harold said:

Gotta say mate...I feel for you/those who are at risk financially (outwith health, that is the most important section of this situation). I'm only glad that both me and the missus are retired and have no problems with our incomes. Shit...how else could I afford aw the bottles I buy ?....lol

Wife has Government job.....

Just have to go easy if it all goes tits up....

Saying that, I have had two former firms on the phone this week, looking me back....

Plus three private jobs, so the economy is Dandy at the mo.....

3 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Seems to be that WHO are advising it because of the airborne thing. The amount of folk I have spoken to that say it doesn’t protect me. It’s now reckoned that something like 50% of people have it without showing symptoms so it’s fun trying to say to people it’s not for you it’s for someone else 

See, this is the point, it's not to stop you catching it, it's to stop you spreading it.....

So I can see the point.

10 hours ago, Harold said:

I have to wear one for 12 hour shifts and it is a mutha fukka!

10 hours ago, Harold said:

wait & see (whether it is reported on MSM or not) there will be a large % of young bucks who will refuse to do this as they go into offies for their booze etc and cause shopkeepers severe grief! These are the ones who the Police, if possible, should target. Having said that I personally think it is preposterous that the Police should have to be dealing with people not wearing face masks.

I’ve had two girls tonight not wearing one. In fairness they were going On a night out and weren’t wearing much at all 

In the Chippy last night a wee drunk guy was mocking everybody for wearing them. It was just embarrassing (for him)

It’s going to be brutal this weekend with pubs now open here but I ll just have to grin and bear it and remember I have four days away next week.

3 minutes ago, No.8 said:

I’ve had two girls tonight not wearing one. In fairness they were going On a night out and weren’t wearing much at all 

In the Chippy last night a wee drunk guy was mocking everybody for wearing them. It was just embarrassing (for him)

It’s going to be brutal this weekend with pubs now open here but I ll just have to grin and bear it and remember I have four days away next week.

are you wearing one Trav ?

So over here masks are mandatory in shops and shopping centres but also other indoor public places but no one knows where so far. Also pubs that don’t serve food are now not allowed to open until 10th August

Feckin fannies in charge couldn’t run a raffle 

Amid mounting confusion over face masks inside takeaways, I've just read and re read and re read

the government guidelines on facemasks for England.

So they government confirms once-and-for-all that

- masks are compulsory in the optional sense,

- unless you're eating in, whereby they become optionally compulsory.

- Don't not wear a facemask if you're on a unicycle.

- You can take your facemask off if you see a ghost but only if it's a scary ghost.

- Facemasks must be worn in Gregg's between St Swithins day and 27:43 pm. Or between Monday and Wednesday on the eat out promotional days but are not compulsory in a pub if Kylie Minogue is playing or there's gravy on the menu

- Sexy nuns or nurses can do what they want!

- Ugly people must wear masks at all times. If these ugly people are unsure if they are ugly please register and use the new GOV APP.. 'Slap Dat Face'