EURO 2020 - Get your Predictions in for the Last 16 ×

Covid-19 - Vaccine

Covid-19 - Vaccine  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Sounds like they have a vaccine in US.

Pfizer have announced it is in end stage testing and 90% effective.

Announced days after election result in US too... Definitely political undertones there...

Rejoice 

16 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Sounds like they have a vaccine in US.

Pfizer have announced it is in end stage testing and 90% effective.

Announced days after election result in US too... Definitely political undertones there...

Just bear in mind the people who suffered after taking the needless Swine flu vaccine in 2009

Governments and makers accept zero liability although the Irish government have thankfully been sued successfully.....#cunts

Just now, Normski said:

Just bear in mind the people who suffered after taking the needless Swine flu vaccine in 2009

Governments and makers accept zero liability although the Irish government have thankfully been sued successfully.....#cunts

I was one of them. I worked in A&E at the time.

Fuck did that thing make me ill or what! I felt like death for two days after the vaccine. 

The government spent nearly £500m on Tamiflu vaccine in 2009 for Swine flu

Stockpiles of Roche Tamiflu drug are waste of money, review finds

LONDON (Reuters) - Researchers who have fought for years to get full data on Roche's flu medicine Tamiflu said on Thursday that governments who stockpile it are wasting billions of dollars on a drug whose effectiveness is in doubt.

In a review of trial data on Tamiflu, and on GlaxoSmithKline's flu drug Relenza, scientists from the respected research network the Cochrane Review said that while the medicines can shorten flu symptoms by around half a day, there is no good evidence behind claims they cut hospital admissions or lessen complications of the disease.

"There is no credible way these drugs could prevent a pandemic," said Carl Heneghan, one of the lead investigators of the review and a professor of evidence-based medicine at Britain's Oxford University.

The review's main findings were that the medicines had few if any beneficial effects, but did have adverse side effects that were previously dismissed or overlooked.

"Remember, the idea of a drug is that the benefits should exceed the harms," Heneghan said. "So if you can't find any benefits, that accentuates the harms."

Tamiflu sales hit almost $3 billion in 2009 - mostly due to its use in the H1N1 flu pandemic - but they have since declined.

The United States has spent more than $1.3 billion buying a strategic reserve of antivirals including Tamiflu, while the British government has spent almost 424 million pounds ($703 million) on a stockpile of some 40 million Tamiflu doses.

At a briefing in London about their findings, Heneghan said the money spent on stockpiles "has been thrown down the drain" because, until now, the full data had not been seen by regulators, governments, doctors or patients.

There was no evidence of a reduction in hospitalizations or in flu complications like pneumonia, bronchitis, sinusitis or ear infections in either adults or children, Heneghan's team said, and Tamiflu also increased the risk of nausea and vomiting in adults by around 4 percent and in children by 5 percent.

Godlee described the battle with Roche as a "really lengthy cat and mouse, Alice in Wonderland, bizarre experience of trying to get data on a drug which governments around the world were busy buying, stockpiling and spending billions of dollars on".

"Why did no-one else demand this level of scrutiny before spending such huge sums on one drug?" she said. "The whole story gives an extraordinary picture of the entrenched flaws in the current system of drug regulation and drug evaluation." 

8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

@Normski will you be taking this new Vaccine which is apparently 90% effective?

Think I know the answer haha 🙂 

Never had the flu one and won't be taking this,let's wait n see if the cunts try to make it mandatory.....

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

Norm would bum Dianne Abbot before he'd take the vaccine....lol

I would use her shit as toothpaste mate before i took it

• Site Owner
7 minutes ago, Normski said:

Never had the flu one and won't be taking this,let's wait n see if the cunts try to make it mandatory.....

I would use her shit as toothpaste mate before i took it

I think they'll probably make it mandatory for travel!