Covid-19 - Vaccine

Covid-19 - Vaccine  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Has there been a delay of some some sort in NZ Hairy ? Over 65's have had both for some time now. Do you have the same makes as the UK ? Hope the side effects aren't too bad.

Maybe because Covid has been virtually none existent in NZ? Hence, no urgency? 

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

perhaps....curious though. My thinking was that a country that has been on top of it like NZ has would be wanting the situation to remain like that so an early vaccine schedule would really have assisted. Hairy shall give the inside info.

2 hours ago, Harold said:

Has there been a delay of some some sort in NZ Hairy ? Over 65's have had both for some time now. Do you have the same makes as the UK ? Hope the side effects aren't too bad.

26 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

23 minutes ago, Harold said:

perhaps....curious though. My thinking was that a country that has been on top of it like NZ has would be wanting the situation to remain like that so an early vaccine schedule would really have assisted. Hairy shall give the inside info.

I'm not sure why there was a delay in releasing the vaccines here in NZ.
The one I got was Pfizer.

The side effects are pretty much flu-like symptoms. Hopefully cease in a day or so.

PS
Found this article.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/08/why-the-delay-the-nations-waiting-to-see-how-covid-vaccinations-unfoldS

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Some infected guy from Devonport in Auckland been running around for a week.
May well be the Delta variant.

Anyway, Auckland at Level 4 lockdown from midnight tonight for seven days.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Some infected guy from Devonport in Auckland been running around for a week.
May well be the Delta variant.

Anyway, Auckland at Level 4 lockdown from midnight tonight for seven days.

I do't think lockdowns are no longer the way to go about this virus! 

Vaccinations are the way ahead with the infected self isolating, not everyone. You can't hide from Covid forever!!

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I do't think lockdowns are no longer the way to go about this virus! 

Vaccinations are the way ahead with the infected self isolating, not everyone. You can't hide from Covid forever!!

most of NZ population has had the jabs, but there is no certainty that the vaccine will be effective against the delta variant

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

most of NZ population has had the jabs, but there is no certainty that the vaccine will be effective against the delta variant

What vaccine are you using. Our vaccines seem to be doing great. Saved many lives. More than they have killed 😂🤣.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Health leaders have urged the government to introduce "some kind of Plan B" with emergency departments in a "terrible place" amid rising levels of coronavirus infections.

Dr Katherine Henderson, president of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine, warned ministers that hospitals are "already struggling to cope" and that medical professionals are worried about the winter months ahead.

Meanwhile, Professor Adam Finn, who is on the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), told Sky News' Trevor Phillips on Sunday that COVID-19 hospital admissions and deaths are rising and the government must not be "complacent".

so the vaccine does not work then. the 18 months of lock downs didnt work. the masks never worked. nothing has fucking worked. but the greatest minds in the world are now saying lets try the same shit again because this time it might work. we had one of the fastest jabs in the arm numbers in the world we were told that the jabs are the way out of this shit yet after jabbing over 80% of people in britain we now have the highest rates of infections in the world. now any cunt can see the jab does fuck all the stop infections and the spread of the virus yet all over the world governments are saying we need proof of a double jab to give people freedom back. am i the only one that thinks what the fuck is going on with this shit. we are told now that school children are the most affected people in the world now. so if delta in the most spreadable variant in the world and kids are the most affected then how are they not infecting the parants. its absolute bollox tbh. 

To hell with vaccines! You have to rely on your immune system, and you'll be fine! Drink vitamins and minerals if you don't have enough nutrition. If it's too bad, pray to God 🙂

36 minutes ago, Pokitren said:

To hell with vaccines! You have to rely on your immune system, and you'll be fine! Drink vitamins and minerals if you don't have enough nutrition. If it's too bad, pray to God 🙂

What a load if bollox 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Makdee said:

What a load if bollox 

Yeah Totally Agree

51 minutes ago, Pokitren said:

I don't understand why people are so against these vaccines, they are saving lives and you can see that now in the stats with the low hospital admisions and the low death rates. I've have both vaccines and if i'm offered anymore i'll take them. I blame social media for the false information whcih gets circulated and which costs lives! Stupid people believing something they have read online by a stranger rather than a qualified doctor!!!

1 hour ago, Pokitren said:

Okay, you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

Of course you are so tell me what about all the other vaccines you may have had as a child to protect you from various killer illnesses or is it only because we don’t know a lot about Covid. Also what about all those people immunocompromised or the millions around the world that have underlying health conditions and and to that the many that don’t know they have underlying health conditions.