You are a guest user Click to join the site!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/07/2020 at 07:17, Harold said:

Liverpool

Man Ut

Man City

Chelsea

Harold I'd prefer us on top but I'm a realist, second would be fantastic and to finish above City would be another step in the direction. 

Personally think this top four will happen next season but not sure on the order, Arsenal have a few transfer windows of change before any sort of challenge for top four and Spurs are being managed by a manager who's methods are done and dusted. Mourinho is more likely gonna be sacked by Christmas than Spurs are getting top four. 

Leicester, they are good but that early season form flattered them a little. Vardy will be 34 and I suspect certain star players might be starting to think of moving on to bigger clubs. Usually when this happens the focus on the club goes a little and you see a decline in form. Soyuncu, Maderson, Tillamans and Chilwell all have suitors and won't stay at Leicester long term. Rodgers is another who would walk out if a top club came in for him. 

17 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Harold I'd prefer us on top but I'm a realist, second would be fantastic and to finish above City would be another step in the direction. 

Personally think this top four will happen next season but not sure on the order, Arsenal have a few transfer windows of change before any sort of challenge for top four and Spurs are being managed by a manager who's methods are done and dusted. Mourinho is more likely gonna be sacked by Christmas than Spurs are getting top four. 

Leicester, they are good but that early season form flattered them a little. Vardy will be 34 and I suspect certain star players might be starting to think of moving on to bigger clubs. Usually when this happens the focus on the club goes a little and you see a decline in form. Soyuncu, Maderson, Tillamans and Chilwell all have suitors and won't stay at Leicester long term. Rodgers is another who would walk out if a top club came in for him. 

things go in cycles mate...Utd have been out of it for too long imo so the wheel is turning imo.....I think they have, in the main, performed well since the restart.....into the top 4 & you'll be able to correct me if I'm wrong here, but earlier on before lockdown were Utd not struggling and a top 4 looked unlikely ? Will Utd win the title ?....NO! but 2nd in their resurgence is very achievable.

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

things go in cycles mate...Utd have been out of it for too long imo so the wheel is turning imo.....I think they have, in the main, performed well since the restart.....into the top 4 & you'll be able to correct me if I'm wrong here, but earlier on before lockdown were Utd not struggling and a top 4 looked unlikely ? Will Utd win the title ?....NO! but 2nd in their resurgence is very achievable.

We've not lost a game since Burnley in January. We were dead a buried around Christmas and New year and the we bought in Fernandes and he seemed to push on his teammates to new levels. 

We always lacked creativity and he came in and lifted the club in the same way Cantona did back in the 90's and Van Persie when in truth we were a team in decline.

If we get Sancho and a top class partner for Maguire we're in business, I'd like to see De Gea challenged by Henderson next season as well but I think he will stick with De Gea for at least another season. Truth be told if he can get the old mentally strong De Gea back he's one of the best. 

Doubt we will go for Grealish now as well, we'd have got a better deal it they were relegated. 

Don't listen to him @Harold

If you went off Uniteds form from new year to the end of the season we're more than capable of challenging. It's whether we can improve the squad more to bridge the gap enough. City lost more games than us this season believe it or not we just drew a shed load in the first half of the season. 

What if we'd signed Fernandes in the summer instead? 

Edited by Red Devil
1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

Don't listen to him @Harold

If you went off Uniteds form from new year to the end of the season we're more than capable of challenging. It's whether we can improve the squad more to bridge the gap enough. City lost more games than us this season believe it or not we just drew a shed load in the first half of the season. 

What if we'd signed Fernandes in the summer instead? 

fernandes is a top class player. if only your keeper and defenders were in his class. no way will you finish in the top 2 imo. 

12 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

fernandes is a top class player. if only your keeper and defenders were in his class. no way will you finish in the top 2 imo. 

Thats a fair comment, think Maguire needs a decent partner myself and we will be better. 

De Gea is a puzzle, pre 2018 he was our player of the year four years on the bounce, now he's a liability. I think Ole is reluctant to let him go elsewhere to refund his top form, he's trying to play him though it but as a fan it's gone too far. He's used up all his free chips from his great years now, it's time he is at least challenged by a guy who wants to be number 1. Romero is happy being number 2 and seems to just be happy to be at the club. 

Sancho and a top CB, I'd be happy. I actually wanted Aki, think he has decent potential but Pep has got him now. 

Edited by Red Devil
2 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

De Gea is a puzzle, pre 1998 he was our player of the year four years on the bounce, now he's a liability. I think Ole is reluctant to let him go elsewhere to refund his top form, he's trying to play him though it but as a fan it's gone too far. 

I didn't realise De Gea had been with Utd that long?

2 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Thats a fair comment, think Maguire needs a decent partner myself and we will be better. 

De Gea is a puzzle, pre 1998 he was our player of the year four years on the bounce, now he's a liability. I think Ole is reluctant to let him go elsewhere to refund his top form, he's trying to play him though it but as a fan it's gone too far. He's used up all his free chips from his great years now, it's time he is at least challenged by a guy who wants to be number 1. Romero is happy being number 2 and seems to just be happy to be at the club. 

Sancho and a top CB, I'd be happy. I actually wanted Aki, think he has decent potential but Pep has got him now. 

yeah De Gea is a strange one. at one time he was probs the best keeper in the world.