You are a guest user Click to join the site!

Your experience of Cambridge United

I have just joined, and as you can guess i am a fan of the above.  I have no doubt that you must be grateful for the experience of the above, as the opposition only have to turn up.  I have suffered post traumatic stress disorder over the years, and have been on a 24 hour watch at various times, and have had to be strapped down on a gurney.

Cambridge are like a woman of the night, you take what you want, but will not ask for payment, so your experience must be positive.  If you have lost a game against us, then your players must have been drunk, or had got their feet mixed up.   Or your manager was one of ours once.  I always see the kick off as a disadvantage, and there is always laughter at the back of the stand.   If you have lost to a Cambridge team, dont admit it.      Piggy.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Piglet said:

I have just joined, and as you can guess i am a fan of the above.  I have no doubt that you must be grateful for the experience of the above, as the opposition only have to turn up.  I have suffered post traumatic stress disorder over the years, and have been on a 24 hour watch at various times, and have had to be strapped down on a gurney.

Cambridge are like a woman of the night, you take what you want, but will not ask for payment, so your experience must be positive.  If you have lost a game against us, then your players must have been drunk, or had got their feet mixed up.   Or your manager was one of ours once.  I always see the kick off as a disadvantage, and there is always laughter at the back of the stand.   If you have lost to a Cambridge team, dont admit it.      Piggy.

hahaha So your basically saying your team are awful then! :lolpan:

6 minutes ago, Piglet said:

They were a decent side when big Dion played for them 30 yrs ago

1 hour ago, Piglet said:

I understand how you feel mate and welcome aboard, get in touch with Mags (Mr Magnificent a fellow member) he has been through heart each and pain same as you for a number of years now, you 2 will get along great on here. Best of luck for the future Piggy:beer:

PS have you tried drinking? Can work wonders:lolpan:

22 minutes ago, sployal said:

I understand how you feel mate and welcome aboard, get in touch with Mags (Mr Magnificent a fellow member) he has been through heart each and pain same as you for a number of years now, you 2 will get along great on here. Best of luck for the future Piggy:beer:

Until the next day, when your depressed!!!

2 hours ago, Piglet said:

Welcome Piggy.....always great to get new members....hope you post away and enjoy the wee forum. Decent bunch in here but I hope you have a thick skin mate....you'll need it as a lot of good natured piss taking goes on....lol. Here's a link where you can tell us a bit about yersel mate.... 

https://www.myfootballforum.com/forum/101-new-members-lurkers/

8 minutes ago, Harold said:

Welcome Piggy.....always great to get new members....hope you post away and enjoy the wee forum. Decent bunch in here but I hope you have a thick skin mate....you'll need it as a lot of good natured piss taking goes on....lol. Here's a link where you can tell us a bit about yersel mate.... 

https://www.myfootballforum.com/forum/101-new-members-lurkers/

Did The Fairy fill that in?

48 minutes ago, sployal said:

I can second this...I get so pished I forget about Birmingham and how bad they are. It's great!

A bit of banter is why i signed up.  I have an Elephant skin.   Mr Magnificent is a Blues fan.  I worked in Brum for 30 years and was a regular at St Andrews for two years, the golden period of Jim Smith.    Being a new comer to Brum in 1979, the reason i became a Blues fan is because i couldnt find the Villa ground.

I did eventually made it to Villa, but stuck with Blues.  Cambridge were still number one though.   We had some great wins there.  I remember winning there, and Dave Mackay getting sacked the next day.

No one with any self respect loses to Cambridge.  Steve Claridge once hit a screamer from the touch line into the top corner, happy times, we also had Liam Daish playing that afternoon.   Compared to the old days, modern football is like sitting in a grave.    As for booze, its Jack Daniels for me.

3 hours ago, Piglet said:

A bit of banter is why i signed up.  I have an Elephant skin.   Mr Magnificent is a Blues fan.  I worked in Brum for 30 years and was a regular at St Andrews for two years, the golden period of Jim Smith.    Being a new comer to Brum in 1979, the reason i became a Blues fan is because i couldnt find the Villa ground.

I did eventually made it to Villa, but stuck with Blues.  Cambridge were still number one though.   We had some great wins there.  I remember winning there, and Dave Mackay getting sacked the next day.

No one with any self respect loses to Cambridge.  Steve Claridge once hit a screamer from the touch line into the top corner, happy times, we also had Liam Daish playing that afternoon.   Compared to the old days, modern football is like sitting in a grave.    As for booze, its Jack Daniels for me.

@Piglet Do you want me to put a Cambridge crest on your account?

4 hours ago, Piglet said:

Yes I am the main Blue nose on here.

Pleased to meet your acquaintance. If you followed the smell of shit you would have ended up at Vile Park eventually.

You followed the Blues through a good time with a good manager. I was a season ticket holder back then. Home or away every weekend and mid week.

Where did you work in Brum mate? 

I worked at Rubery Hill hospital, it isnt there now.  Watched a lot of non league, going into town was a drag.  Watched Bromsgrove Redditch, Stourbridge, even Alvechurch which was just down the road for a couple of years.  Bromsgrove was my favourite, especially when they finished second in the conference.  

Used to stand on the terracing near the kop, the walk up had a wonderful view of the city.  I never thought id make it into the boardroom , but i did.  I applied to be a scout for Cambridge, got the job, expenses only, and scouted Blues a couple of times.  Happy days.

11 minutes ago, Piglet said:

I worked at Rubery Hill hospital, it isnt there now.  Watched a lot of non league, going into town was a drag.  Watched Bromsgrove Redditch, Stourbridge, even Alvechurch which was just down the road for a couple of years.  Bromsgrove was my favourite, especially when they finished second in the conference.  

Used to stand on the terracing near the kop, the walk up had a wonderful view of the city.  I never thought id make it into the boardroom , but i did.  I applied to be a scout for Cambridge, got the job, expenses only, and scouted Blues a couple of times.  Happy days.

Piggy you are very welcome, you sound more steady than last evening, been taking you pills?

8 hours ago, Piglet said:

Ah the old mental hospital if I remember right? I think the Reaside Unit replaced it? They filled it with loonies like Sployal. ??

Just two mile down the road from me. We use the Morrison's on Great Park a good bit. 

On 29/07/2020 at 17:27, Piglet said:

Cambridge are great value and we enjoyed taking points off them.

Sorry.... Who are you again?

Rubery was replaced by smaller units and the community workers, Reaside is a hospital for the criminally insane.  Its a small world Mr Mag, i lived in Rubery, Morrisons was a mile away.  Blues narrowly avoided the drop this year didnt they?   God knows what goes on in that boardroom, i suspect its nothing good.

You cant wind me up Cazza, i know Cambridge are a disaster.  Having said that Luton are not much better.  Didnt you employ Gary Brabin, i got a lot of satisfaction over that one.   Have you regretted signing Luke Berry yet?   Have you got him to run faster than a tortoise yet?

Is he any better than a nuisance to the opposition?   He is an imitation of a good player, but not a good imitation.   When he left United he said nothing, he didnt care, he doesnt care about Luton.  And Berrys a Cambridge lad.

I notice you are getting rid of that rabbit hutch of a ground.  It wont make any difference, If Villa, West Brom, Birmingham City, Sheff Wednesday etc cant make an impression on the Prem...

Neither will you.

You will wander endlessly between the leagues, never winning owt.  If your not suffering from life threatening tedium, you will.   I am sure you have never been at an autopsy, i have.  What is the difference between that and watching Luton in the next ten years?

Piggy.

23 minutes ago, Piglet said:

You cant wind me up Cazza, i know Cambridge are a disaster.  Having said that Luton are not much better.  Didnt you employ Gary Brabin, i got a lot of satisfaction over that one.   Have you regretted signing Luke Berry yet?   Have you got him to run faster than a tortoise yet?

Not looking to wind you up but you stated Cambridge were in 'layman's terms' shit! Luke has been very good for us and Nathan Jones has got the best out of him.... The last few games he has done really well. Brabin.... Gone, John Still is a rock god so the memory fades.

I notice you are getting rid of that rabbit hutch of a ground.  It wont make any difference, If Villa, West Brom, Birmingham City, Sheff Wednesday etc cant make an impression on the Prem...

Getting a new ground yes, the club is firmly settled and moving forward a fair few positive seasons behind us to prove we are a decent lower league side.

Neither will you.

Stay of the magic mushrooms.... They'll rot your brain.

You will wander endlessly between the leagues, never winning owt.  If your not suffering from life threatening tedium, you will.   I am sure you have never been at an autopsy, i have.  What is the difference between that and watching Luton in the next ten years?

I think we have won two trophies.... ? One in my living memory. And a couple of league titles.... ?

Piggy.

Maybe I should introduce you to Footy.... If your existence is that bad.

Watch out for myxomatosis.... Your club will lose it's mojo soon.