You are a guest user Click to join the site!

Aberdeen v Rangers

First game of the new season.

No Cosgrove or Main for Aberdeen. Without those two McInnes might have to actually have his team play football which suits Rangers.

In pre season Aribo , Kent and Hagi have looked outstanding but they have been allowed to play. Now we will have a pumped up Aberdeen team sticking the boot in and these three especially have to be up for the fight.

Big question is who plays up top. For me it still has to be Morelos. As long as he is a Rangers player we play him. Huge loss if he’s not involved. 

Other position up for grabs is who partners Goldson? I’m no great fan of Edmundson. His distribution is hit and miss (being kind) but then again Helander looks nervous every time I’ve seen him play. 

Very difficult first game but hopefully we hit the ground running ... 0-3 Rangers 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, No.8 said:

First game of the new season.

No Cosgrove or Main for Aberdeen. Without those two McInnes might have to actually have his team play football which suits Rangers.

In pre season Aribo , Kent and Hagi have looked outstanding but they have been allowed to play. Now we will have a pumped up Aberdeen team sticking the boot in and these three especially have to be up for the fight.

Big question is who plays up top. For me it still has to be Morelos. As long as he is a Rangers player we play him. Huge loss if he’s not involved. 

Other position up for grabs is who partners Goldson? I’m no great fan of Edmundson. His distribution is hit and miss (being kind) but then again Helander looks nervous every time I’ve seen him play. 

Very difficult first game but hopefully we hit the ground running ... 0-3 Rangers 

Agree with all you say mate especially concerning Morelos. But 0 -3 will be tough but why not...:beer:

47 minutes ago, No.8 said:

First day nerves. I’ve gone from extremely confident to shitting myself 

call me a suspicious bastard but after us going for the SPFL's farcical decisions etc.....wouldn't they just love it if (outwith Celtic away) in probably our hardest away game we got off to a bad start? Random fixtures ? My fucking arse.

I hate to say this but this is too easy...Aberdeen are crap.....we've had so much of the ball but I can't help thinking if we don't get a couple more then like a few seasons ago we could get mugged. Glad to see Aribo have a very good 1st half....most of them have but the weak point for me is Kamara. Morelos ?....done fuck all.

11 minutes ago, Harold said:

Stevie lad is wanting to tell Morelos to stop running back to midfield simply to try and get a pass....up front is where he should be concentrating on.

There’s times he comes to deep but at other times it’s ok him dropping back and putting the ball through to the runner in Kent to score Honestly we had to change our style to bring the midfield runners into it more 

sorry Morelos movement off the ball is good Hagi his wee movement takes the dons defender out the road and the ball goes to Morelos who puts Kent away. we have to take into account first proper game of the season plus empty stadium doesn’t make for good viewing. We will get better oh and your right Aberdeen are shite 

Horrific challenge by Considine resulting in a red & rightly so. Tbh I am not liking this....one goal is never enough we've hardly looked liked scoring a 2nd. Far too lax for my liking. Have all the possession you want but if you don't score due to that then you're always exposed to a mugging!

Well to say I was unimpressed would be the understatement of the day. Sure a win is a win and very grateful for it but performance ?....crap. ....Reason ? Aberdeen are fucking awful and we concentrated in simply knocking the ball around waiting for that thread needle pass which didn't arrive rather than go for their throats. Didn't take Tavernier long to once again show he can't defend.....Kamara...sorry but he's had his time in the limelight and just makes me fucking angry now....Morelos ? Quicker he fucks off the better. Bright light ? Balogun....liked the look of the big fella. Things can surely only get better ?