Aberdeen v Rangers

No.8

First game of the new season.

No Cosgrove or Main for Aberdeen. Without those two McInnes might have to actually have his team play football which suits Rangers.

In pre season Aribo , Kent and Hagi have looked outstanding but they have been allowed to play. Now we will have a pumped up Aberdeen team sticking the boot in and these three especially have to be up for the fight.

Big question is who plays up top. For me it still has to be Morelos. As long as he is a Rangers player we play him. Huge loss if he’s not involved. 

Other position up for grabs is who partners Goldson? I’m no great fan of Edmundson. His distribution is hit and miss (being kind) but then again Helander looks nervous every time I’ve seen him play. 

Very difficult first game but hopefully we hit the ground running ... 0-3 Rangers 

46 minutes ago, No.8 said:

First game of the new season.

No Cosgrove or Main for Aberdeen. Without those two McInnes might have to actually have his team play football which suits Rangers.

In pre season Aribo , Kent and Hagi have looked outstanding but they have been allowed to play. Now we will have a pumped up Aberdeen team sticking the boot in and these three especially have to be up for the fight.

Big question is who plays up top. For me it still has to be Morelos. As long as he is a Rangers player we play him. Huge loss if he’s not involved. 

Other position up for grabs is who partners Goldson? I’m no great fan of Edmundson. His distribution is hit and miss (being kind) but then again Helander looks nervous every time I’ve seen him play. 

Very difficult first game but hopefully we hit the ground running ... 0-3 Rangers 

Agree with all you say mate especially concerning Morelos. But 0 -3 will be tough but why not...:beer:

8 minutes ago, sployal said:

Agree with all you say mate especially concerning Morelos. But 0 -3 will be tough but why not...:beer:

Got to be confident at the start of the season. 

Give it a couple of months before I start calling them all useless bastards 

47 minutes ago, No.8 said:

First day nerves. I’ve gone from extremely confident to shitting myself 

call me a suspicious bastard but after us going for the SPFL's farcical decisions etc.....wouldn't they just love it if (outwith Celtic away) in probably our hardest away game we got off to a bad start? Random fixtures ? My fucking arse.

5 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Balogun straight in? Bold move 

I’ve just seen Johnny Hayes on Sky Sports. He looks like a tramp you would see sleeping on a park bench Ffs 

why you be dissin' tramps cuz ?

6 minutes ago, Harold said:

Wooooosh.....lol

?

I know. As soon as I posted that I realised but in fairness I’m a nervous wreck at the moment. It’s been a while since I felt like this with the football. Nearly kick off 

I hate to say this but this is too easy...Aberdeen are crap.....we've had so much of the ball but I can't help thinking if we don't get a couple more then like a few seasons ago we could get mugged. Glad to see Aribo have a very good 1st half....most of them have but the weak point for me is Kamara. Morelos ?....done fuck all.

11 minutes ago, Harold said:

Stevie lad is wanting to tell Morelos to stop running back to midfield simply to try and get a pass....up front is where he should be concentrating on.

There’s times he comes to deep but at other times it’s ok him dropping back and putting the ball through to the runner in Kent to score Honestly we had to change our style to bring the midfield runners into it more 

sorry Morelos movement off the ball is good Hagi his wee movement takes the dons defender out the road and the ball goes to Morelos who puts Kent away. we have to take into account first proper game of the season plus empty stadium doesn’t make for good viewing. We will get better oh and your right Aberdeen are shite