Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Not lost an opening game in the top flight since 1998. So I will take that. Liking Balogun seem to know what he is doing and has a bit of speed. Still work to do and I reckon Morelos is away after swing Goldson telling him to do Ferguson 😂

I'll take it too Mak but as I explained the performance certainly didn't have me jumping for joy. I should have mentioned that Aribo had a fine game....best I've seen for a while.

5 minutes ago, Makdee said:

and I reckon Morelos is away after swing Goldson telling him to do Ferguson 😂

what was that ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Harold said:

I'll take it too Mak but as I explained the performance certainly didn't have me jumping for joy. I should have mentioned that Aribo had a fine game....best I've seen for a while.

what was that ?

Basically you could se him saying to Morelos and pointing at Ferguson saying to hit him. Just a reaction to getting hit 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid if unspectacular three points.

Aberdeen played as we thought. Sat in and put the boot in and disrupted play as much as they could

Sorry H but I can’t share your at all. We created quite a few clear cut chances and on another day would have comfortably won that by 3 or 4. Only great last ditch defending by Aberdeen saved that from being for more comfortable 

Has there ever been a game in recent time when Aberdeen have failed to have one single chance on target V Rangers? 
 

Midfield looked great again with a nice balance there. Kent , Aribo and Hagi will be huge for Rangers going forward and Jack and Kamara are solid and allow them to play

Morelos was dragging them all over the place today.

All in all quite pleased but certainly room for improvement and i am sure we will in the coming weeks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Kamara are solid

you are having a laugh surely ? Guy's a liability.

20 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Sorry H but I can’t share your at all

well if you were happy with THAT performance (not the result, as I said I'll take it) then sorry mate...I pity you.

21 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Morelos was dragging them all over the place today.

of course he was.....lol. Only reason he went deep or wide was because he was  not getting a service when he was up front and was stupidly, imo, looking for the ball. You see the usual scowl....he aint a happy chappy....and agsin there were signs of his petulance.

23 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Midfield looked great again with a nice balance there. Kent , Aribo and Hagi will be huge for Rangers going forward and Jack is solid and allow them to play

we can agree with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Harold said:

 

of course he was.....lol. Only reason he went deep or wide was because he was  not getting a service when he was up front and was stupidly, imo, looking for the ball. You see the usual scowl....he aint a happy chappy....and agsin there were signs of his 

No it wasn’t he is playing a different role he played the same way in the friendlies. It’s clear SG has him dropping back and letting Hagi, Kent and Aribo run on. It’s a role he will have to learn though as it’s not natural to him

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Makdee said:

No it wasn’t he is playing a different role he played the same way in the friendlies. It’s clear SG has him dropping back and letting Hagi, Kent and Aribo run on. It’s a role he will have to learn though as it’s not natural to him

so we're going to play with our one natural striker/goal scorer going deep ? The only one of the 3 midfielders you mention that is probably capable of scoring 'regularly' is Kent and he hasn't the best record in doing that. Goals make a difference Mak and I repeat...if you or anyone was happy with that kind of performance (from a pleasing to the eye viewpoint) then I'll argue all day long mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold said:

so we're going to play with our one natural striker/goal scorer going deep ? The only one of the 3 midfielders you mention that is probably capable of scoring 'regularly' is Kent and he hasn't the best record in doing that. Goals make a difference Mak and I repeat...if you or anyone was happy with that kind of performance (from a pleasing to the eye viewpoint) then I'll argue all day long mate.

Aribo and Hagi have scored in the pre season games playing in this system

You do realise that there hasn’t been a competitive game in 4 months?

Aberdeen did not have one attempt on target!

Kamara was excellent today and if you can’t see that you’re watching the wrong sport. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold said:

so we're going to play with our one natural striker/goal scorer going deep ? The only one of the 3 midfielders you mention that is probably capable of scoring 'regularly' is Kent and he hasn't the best record in doing that. Goals make a difference Mak and I repeat...if you or anyone was happy with that kind of performance (from a pleasing to the eye viewpoint) then I'll argue all day long mate.

No it wasn’t as pleasing as I would like I gave the reasons I believe it was like that in an earlier post. Who scored all the goals in the friendlies then as it wasnt Morelos mate 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Kamara was excellent today

Lol....he's a fucking liability....gives the ball away, no vision, lightweight....all he's got going for him is your backup ffs....lol   I take it you actually seen today's game ?

44 minutes ago, No.8 said:

and if you can’t see that you’re watching the wrong sport.

Nothing like being tunneled vision....lol. You think I'm gonna alter my opinion because you say you're correct ? Take the blue tinted specs off mate.....the guy is a £50K player and since his initial success he's bombed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Both it’s how today’s game is played mate 

well I repeat...if you or anyone is happy with his or the team's display today then I pity youse. That's wasn't football today Mak...that was pissing about....if the art of entertainment for fans/viewers is taken out of the game then so be it but it does fuck all to enhance the game.....but tbh, football and entertainment have been going separate routes for quite a while now. I actually cringed watching most of that today & believe me, there is no way I'd be paying hard cash to go and watch that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Harold said:

well I repeat...if you or anyone is happy with his or the team's display today then I pity youse. That's wasn't football today Mak...that was pissing about....if the art of entertainment for fans/viewers is taken out of the game then so be it but it does fuck all to enhance the game.....but tbh, football and entertainment have been going separate routes for quite a while now. I actually cringed watching most of that today & believe me, there is no way I'd be paying hard cash to go and watch that.

You have chosen to ignore everything I said about no fans etc I also said I want overly pleased by our performance but first game in months plus a new system means I was happy with the result. I expect us to improve game by game as we build our match fitness. And it’s your prerogative not to pay hard cash personally I am usually over about this time to take a few games in and would love to be able to. But hey ho mate that’s the joy of football we all see it differently 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Makdee said:

You have chosen to ignore everything I said 

It’s almost as if old steptoe has tunnel vision 😂

Kamara lightweight and a liability 😂

Aberdeen at home and not one shot on target. Why do you think that was H if Rangers were so poor

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, No.8 said:

It’s almost as if old steptoe has tunnel vision 😂

get your own patter....I said it about you first...lol

9 hours ago, No.8 said:

Kamara lightweight and a liability 😂

did you actually watch him today ? I think not.

9 hours ago, No.8 said:

Aberdeen at home and not one shot on target. Why do you think that was H if Rangers were so poor

Because of the possession we had from defence to midfield plus, apart from Tavernier 2nd half, our defence was organised. Not rocket science mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Harold said:

Me, Mak & Hairy......that's when football was an enjoyment & not the shallow 'not lose at all costs' shite we have to watch nowadays.

Exactly the point I made in a thread about how boring Liverpool's tactics were in the Paisley era.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Exactly the point I made in a thread about how boring Liverpool's tactics were in the Paisley era.

So the best team in Europe at that time weren’t an enjoyment?

Im old enough to remember the Italians and their defensive football 

You don’t think Peps Barca were a joy to watch? Or City on their day?

For every 1970s Brazil there are a boring Italy or a team of thugs like Uruguay/ Argentina 

Of course Rangers weren’t World beaters today but we haven’t played in four months with next to no pre season! 
 

FAO Harold. Aberdeen never had a shot on target down to Jack and Kamara completely controlling the middle of the Park and doing it with ease 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Forum Statistics

    5,056
    Total Topics
    81,042
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    452
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    Callum S
    Newest Member
    Callum S
    Joined
  • New users  0 New users online in the last 24 hours

    No new users

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Service