Jordan Jones told he can leave

Makdee

Jordan Jones set for Rangers exit as Steven Gerrard delivers crushing message to outcast winger

The former Kilmarnock star has struggled to make an impact at Ibrox.

• Jordan Jones has been told he can leave Rangers.

Steven Gerrard has informed the Northern Ireland international that he is not in his first-team plans.

• The Rangers boss has told the 25-year-old they won’t stand in his way if he can get a move this summer.

Gerrard signed Jones from Kilmarnock on a free transfer last summer but he has struggled to make an impact under him.

• Jones has been on the Ibrox fringes since he got sent off for a wild lunge against Celtic back in September, which left him with a serious knee injury.

He came back at the end of the season but struggled for game time and was made available for loan in January, although nobody could agree a deal with the Ibrox giants

• Jones, who still has two years left on his Ibrox contract, worked hard during the lockdown to keep himself in top shape to get back into Gerrard’s first-team plans.

• He was involved in some of the early pre-season games but was put down to the B team for their recent friendly with Dundee United.

Jones then went to speak to Gerrard where he was told he is not part of his top-team plans.

A number of Championship clubs, including Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Stoke City, are all interested but they are unlikely to do any early business with their campaigns just finished.

Not sure why this is big news.... If a player isn't wanted by the manager then surely he needs to be off loaded. Either sold or put on a waiver as space in the wage budget needs to be found for the managers plans. What's the transfer rumours like at Rangers? 

11 minutes ago, Cazza said:

If a player isn't wanted by the manager then surely he needs to be off loaded

correct....if a taker can be found.

11 minutes ago, Cazza said:

Not sure why this is big news

it's about a Rangers player....in the Rangers sub forum....why should it not be discussed ? The bears on here have an interest in what is going on at the club and Mak does a great job of informing us of reports he becomes aware of.

31 minutes ago, Harold said:

correct....if a taker can be found.

it's about a Rangers player....in the Rangers sub forum....why should it not be discussed ? The bears on here have an interest in what is going on at the club and Mak does a great job of informing us of reports he becomes aware of.

The club is far bigger than any one player, if he doesn't fit with the encumbered manager then he won't be at 100% and must be cut lose... If the club can't afford the wage demands then maybe some leeway may be sought but off loading squad members. This is down to the players value at a club. It instigates more discussion points as I don't feel Rangers would struggle to attract players to the club.

1 hour ago, Cazza said:

Not sure why this is big news.... If a player isn't wanted by the manager then surely he needs to be off loaded. Either sold or put on a waiver as space in the wage budget needs to be found for the managers plans. What's the transfer rumours like at Rangers? 

Because every Rangers fan I know thought this was a player who would go far with the club. Tell me do you know anything about him. Do you understand what playing for a club the sheer size of Rangers is all about. I personally hate transfer rumours our last to signings were made and then announced but Just for you ?

Bongani Zunga is a south African midfielder. Who plays for French league one side Amiens. He is on SG’s radar and looks to be costing 3.8 million

to be fair I could fill these pages with transfer rumours but 99% of them are paper talk. If I see any worth putting up I will. 
It’s not about his wage demands it’s about his on field play including training  and his off field antics. He put SGs nose out of joint when he first came. And unfortunately like many players signed for Rangers and thought that was the hard work done instead of it just beginning 

Edited by Makdee

2 hours ago, Harold said:

Honestly thought he would excel at Ibrox but wasn't to be.

Gerrard wasn't happy with his idiotic tackle v Celtic, maybe their relationship went downhill from there....

Good player, maybe Stoke will se an opportunity.....

42 minutes ago, Cazza said:

The club is far bigger than any one player, if he doesn't fit with the encumbered manager then he won't be at 100% and must be cut lose... If the club can't afford the wage demands then maybe some leeway may be sought but off loading squad members. This is down to the players value at a club. It instigates more discussion points as I don't feel Rangers would struggle to attract players to the club.

aye....dead on.....

2 hours ago, Cazza said:

I'm not disagreeing with your points here which are all open to discussion....my initial reply was regards your comment...'Not sure why this is big news' to which I gave my response.

4 hours ago, Makdee said:

Because every Rangers fan I know thought this was a player who would go far with the club. Tell me do you know anything about him. Do you understand what playing for a club the sheer size of Rangers is all about. I personally hate transfer rumours our last to signings were made and then announced but Just for you ?

Bongani Zunga is a south African midfielder. Who plays for French league one side Amiens. He is on SG’s radar and looks to be costing 3.8 million

to be fair I could fill these pages with transfer rumours but 99% of them are paper talk. If I see any worth putting up I will. 
It’s not about his wage demands it’s about his on field play including training  and his off field antics. He put SGs nose out of joint when he first came. And unfortunately like many players signed for Rangers and thought that was the hard work done instead of it just beginning 

I do have a naivety over football in general but learning all the same so thanks for a more insightful write up about the problem. You have answered your dilema yourself when you stated The managers nose was out of joint and thus he doesn't fit into the way he wants the team to play. Obviously there're more twists to the plot but generally when A player doesn't fit the ideals of the manager then it's time to go.... He may also have thought he was bigger than the club which I feel may also be a factor, are there any other clubs sniffing around? 

4 hours ago, Bastion said:

Gerrard wasn't happy with his idiotic tackle v Celtic, maybe their relationship went downhill from there....

Good player, maybe Stoke will se an opportunity.....

probably going against his team orders and his individual instructions to hold than dive in. If you can't be relied upon to be a team player then you're dead wood.